ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176836
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

ame: babybro
description: a 17 year old boy looking for lots of money for collage
currency: 10$
arms: none
armor: none
state: healthy
items: pickaxe, knife, gas mask re-breather, colt predator

After putting on the re-breather you stop breathing in the gas, effectively ending your breathing difficulty.

Name:Nick Lasher
Description: black fowhawk black eyes
Currency: $10
Arms:
Armour: Kevlar, Gas-Mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Colt Predator 6/6, Gas-mask, Glassy mineral 8x

You break of as much gem as you can reach/carry, and stuff your pack full.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Arms:

I walk on in the mine

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms:

You soon come to a thin wooden door, blocking your way. You can hear murmuring voices from inside.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $132.45
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.
k17 micro assault-rifle 5/10(20)

"Unfortunate representative of Mongolia..." I mumble. I walk away unexpectedly down the largest road in sight. To the side, I don't want to get run over, not right against the side, I don't want to be backed into an alleyway and...well, y'know...

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Arms:

I press my ear to the door attempting to here what they are saying while still attempting to stay quite (i also equipt the colt to arms)

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $145
Arms: Hagwraith micro 6/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER.

"Noted." I go see what Sissy and Merrin are up to.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Colt Predator 6/6
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Gas-mask, Glassy mineral 8x

You draw and hammer the revolver, as quietly as possible.
Through the door you hear "...Gentlemen, relax yourselves. Eduardo, put the gun away. Holster it. HOLSTER IT!!"
After a few seconds; "Thank you. Now you'r probably wondering why I brought you hear. Simplified Politics has been a close ally of our group for a long time and I have a proposition for...yes? What?"
There is a moment of silence. Then a click, and a clatta-***** sound on the other side of the door.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER.

Sissy is with Penny, Sissy seems to be trying to convince Penny to go to the market and buy her some cow-boy boots.
Merrin is happily working behind the counter of the 'candy rum' store, as you can only suspect he has been since you entered the base.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.

After walking for a while you come to an 'Australian style' restaurant which seems to be occupied. The sign advertises 'free bullet removal.'

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I enter the restaurant, Hoping I can overhear rumors and buy information.
But, I suppose I will have to find someone willing to convert dollars (US?) into Tugrik.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I offer to go to the market with Sissy.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

I burst in the door and point my gun at whoever looks the most dangerous

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Inside the restaurant it smells strongly of vegamite and burning thongs.
There a Mongolian man behind the counter, trying to look Caucasian by opening his eyes ridiculously wide.

Sissy just squints at you and drawls "You done got money?"

Description: black mowhawk black eyes

The most dangerous looking man in the room a largely built, muscled fellow,lying on the floor with a bullet in his brain. Seconded by another gentleman standing over him holding a still smoking silenced pistol and wearing a red silk shirt under a Spanish suit. No one glances your way as you enter, the other 8 people in the room are occupied.
Half, all bald you notice, are pointing white nitro-express revolvers at the other half, who are pointing back assorted black handguns. No body moves.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"I done do, my southern-fried friend, I done do." I say, "Let's go now, I'm getting bored."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Sissy takes directions from Alazzander and you leave the shop. The market is a short distance away. There are a few peace-officers on the street. Avoiding them slows you down, Sissy seems to be humming James Mcurtny's 'Can't make it here anymore'.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I am offended...Lord0ftiki, I do ask you not to allude to ethnicity so much.

Showing 676-690 of 742