ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176846
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Name:Nick Lasher
Description: black mowhawk black eyes
Currency: $10
Arms: Colt Predator 6/6
Armour: Kevlar, Gas-Mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Gas-mask, Glassy mineral 8x

I keep pointing my gun at anybody who looks like they might harm me

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $145
Arms: Hagwraith micro 6/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER.

I swat Sissy's arm, "Dude, stop humming. We really need to work on your taste in music."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $132.45
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.
k17 micro assault-rifle 5/10(20)

Talon, there is a difference between discriminating against a race and acknowledging their differences to your own.
It isn't that unheard of for English speaking upper-class restaurant worker to fake an accent to try and get more of a tip from another English speaker, so I don't see why a non-English speaker would never do something similar.

Somebody coughs, drawing surprised glances from other members of the stand off. Possibly as was planned a revolver-wielder takes the distraction as a chance to hammer his weapon which was previously completely harmless.
Again more squinting follows.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER.

Sissy sticks out her tongue- which is apparently blue- at you and hums louder. The market is very crowded, people from all walks of life milling about. Even some of the people who are to posh to walk (Do I hear Segway, anyone?)
There are stands selling hot-dogs, home made thing cosy's, clay dragons, cakes the shape of celebrities heads, hot dogs in the shape of celebrity heads, you name it.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

I say "whats happening ?"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Several eyes widen, but nobody dares look away and start the shoot-out.
"We're sort of having an in-pass in here. please just go away."
Someone says, then "Wait, do you have a gun? Join our side!"
"Hey, no, there idiots, join our side!"
"We asked first!!"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $132.45
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.
k17 micro assault-rifle 5/10(20)

I see your point, however, In some cases that isn't the end of it. It is not unheard of for people of some to go so far as cosmetic surgery so they more closely resemble the epitome of 'western beauty' . A sad (not common, I hope) occurrence, which makes me sad that we are becoming a less diverse race, culturally and genetically. The latter is never wise in nature. The former baffles me.
You struck a sore point, but as I said, I see your reasoning. I will continue :

I slap $10 onto the counter. "Cut it." I say, briefly. "What do you know about Mining, The government and anarchists within this country?" I ask.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

I say "whichever team captin can guess closest to the number in between 1 and 10 gets me"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Ahh.. The Market: the epitome of our culture's twisted obsession with useless material. Now, where do we find your shoes?"

babybro2003
babybro2003
10 posts
Nomad

name: babybro
description: a 17 year old boy looking for lots of money for collage
currency: 10$
arms: none
armor: none
state: healthy
items: pickaxe, knife, gas mask rebreather, colt predator

before i continue again i look for ores and all that in the area

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

One of the bald revolver wielders says "4,"
The man with the silenced handgun and red satin shirt says "9."

Sissy shrugs. "Let's ask someone." she suggests.
She prods a man in a suit who is standing nearby and asks him in her best English "Good after noon, sir. Is it of your knowledge of the location in which a stall selling foot-wear may be located.For whence a body be's wantin' to buy cobra-boots?"
The man twitches a few times. Probably because a small white bipedal critter just asked him for directions.

name: babybro
description: a 17 year old boy looking for lots of money for collage
currency: 10$
arms: none
armor: none
state: healthy
items: pickaxe, knife, gas mask rebreather, colt predator, Coal lumps, in-pure Gold nugget

There are a few lumps of coal,and a nugget of hack gold, which you pocket. Further down the mine the ground is slanted, and clear liquids drip from the roof.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I get close to the business man and explain under my breath, "Burn-victim. She's very sensitive."

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

I say "sorry the number i was thinking of was 6 and a half

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(I was missed. Unless, I am no longer welcome here?)

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER, Rolf Kickles Burn centre.

The man looks embarrassed "Oh sorry. I own a clinic actually." He hands you a card. To Sissy he says "I thinks theirs a a central-American selling boots down there just past the Hotdog stand."

There is aghast silence from the eight. Then one of them offers "Join us and I'll let you marry my sister! She is a very pretty women, with only a few missing teeth!"
O

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

-ne of the business suits offers Join us and I'll let you marry his sister!"

(I was missed. Unless, I am no longer welcome here?)

Talon, your is character is just standing in the cafe, staring into space, what could I post?
Showing 691-705 of 742