ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176823
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $132.45
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.
k17 micro assault-rifle 5/10(20)

(No more of that Mexican, son, you're in Asia now!)

The man turns his head to look at you in a disturbingly smooth motion.
He puts down his vegamite pie and raises his left brow 10 times the width of the gap between his eyebrows, which is which is a 40th the length of his nose.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $145
Arms: Hagwraith micro 6/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER, Rolf Kickles Burn centre.

I wave to her as I pass and head inside.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER, Rolf Kickles Burn centre card.

You can't be certain but as you pass you think you hear her say something about stomach lining. Inside Merrin is standing behind the counter. Looking disturbed and polishing the bench.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.

I flinch at the creepy facial contortions. "My name is Buck. Buck Tennerson. What can you tell me about the Nuutsaar yertönts here?." I ask. Slapping another $10 down.

(Secret World / Underground)

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER, Rolf Kickles Burn centre card.

I walk up to the counter, "Hey dude, how's it going? You fittin' in alright?"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The man slips the money in his front pocket and lowers his eyebrow.
"I think I can 'elp you there mate. My name is Norg, and I work as a clean up boy around here. What would you like to know?"

Merrin just shakes his head and scrubs the counter-top in strangely old-western barman type way. Before you can question him further Inself pops up from the trap-door saying "Hey, L-man. You got any matches yet?"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"Everything. I want to know everything. Who doesn't? Information is power." I say, enigmatic. "But for the moment, Idda be content with a run down on what your Government is like and also the most important figures and corporations whom concern us." I sit down primly opposite the man, not sitting back, not putting my hands on the table, with an air of independence , prominence and unseen accociates.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I shrug, "I think someone gave me some at that weird initiation thing, but I don't know what happen to all that junk. Also, don't ever call me L-man again."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"Okay...Our current ruling is a man named Batuhkan. He is a firm ruler, who makes all citizens engage in giant arm wrestling contests every second tuesday. We have a lot of trade with Russia, but have problems with there crime-groups. If you want to know anymore you'll need to secure a side-arm for me."

"Uh, I'm pretty sure I saw someone put the gifts in your locker. Any way, when I say 'have you got a match' I'm speaking metaphorically. And I'm either going to call you L-man, or L-mama, your choice."
Alazannder follows him up the stairs and spreads his arms dramatically, yelling
"Lurch, we have a plan, We're going to rob the bank!"
And of course at that point a police officer would enter the store.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I get wild with enthusiasm "Hell yeah! Now that's more like how I thought this was gonna go! What are the specs? Fill me man, c'mon, I'm ready."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The others laugh genially, and Penny chuckles as she chloroforms the police officer that enters the store, before tying him up. Alazannder takes you aside;
"Okay, here's what we're going to do...Theres a pretty spit 'n polish bank down the road from here. We're going to enter in disguise tomorrow. While we wait in line Hal is going to try disabling the power from outside. The bankers like to keep the money nice and cold for some reason. Probably to encourage bacterial growth. So when the power goes down they'll have to unlock the vault and take the greens out so they don't get damaged from the melt water.
When they take it out You and Insef will go and relieve them of it- Don't let him burn it- While Myself and Penny watch the door."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

(Bump Fire)

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"I will have to get back to you on the firearm, my firm is against arming those who don't share out views with A.Z.E equipment." I check my wrist to discover I no longer or never did have a wrist watch. "What day is it? I've just come back to the surface." I ask.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The man-in-tweed shakes his head. "Well no side-arm, no info. Anyway I'm already a member of the Asian-Zeppelin-Enthusiast club."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"You misunderstand, I refer to Adept-Zombie-Elimination equipment, which, my firm is opposed to." Ilden, or rather Buck nods to the man, then talks to waiter I spoke to previously. "What day is it?" I ask him.

Showing 721-735 of 742