ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177106
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

ill be gone until sunday

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

Name: Rob
Description: 30 year old, 6ft tall, brown hair, muscular, blue eyes and in need of money
Currency: $10
Arms: colt predator 6/6
Armour: gas mask, kevlar
Items: Pick-axe, knife

I make my way over and take out my pack-axe and with my kevlar nearby, incase of monstors, i start to mine.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Items: Pick-axe, knife, gorgon, gas mask, med kit

Looking wild animals in the eye is wise, they distinguish other animals that run away as prey, growling however...well in general all animals are interchangeably very proud, and cowards. The very-proud side is when they are confronted by a smaller less formidable animal that acts less awed than it really ought to be doing. Like you.

Bellowing throatily the beast charges at you, clumsily propelling itself through the doorway. As you jump back the beast flies past you and bounces of a "explosive pineapple". The gem makes a musical sound as it becomes completely riddled with spiderweb cracks before blasting open with a loud splitting pop.
There is a flash of orange light and the two of you are thrown across the cave.

Name: Gearun Stone
Description: Gearun was born in the middle East, he was raised there, his father died, and his mother couldn't work, and they were very poor, so he sought out work as a Miner, he learnt how to use a Pick Axe and Drill, he decided to move over to the lands of Minerals, looking for a bigger fortune.
Gearun is a 24 year old male ,he has straight, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow ish skin tone.
Currency:10$
Arms:Barb Spitter, Pocket pistol.
Armour:Gas Mask,Kevlar
State:Healthy
Items:Pick Axe, Dry Rations,

As you move further you come to an area where boiling, dirty looking steam erupts from the ground and blocks of the path.
As you start to turn you hear a strangely ominous double-click.

Description: 30 year old, 6ft tall, brown hair, muscular, blue eyes and in need of money

(Your already wearing your Kevlar vest.)

As you near them the bats all turn to you and start leaning in your direction making high-pitched screaming sounds, some actually lean so far the fall of the crystal and have to climb back up. They seem incapable of flight but very protective of the gem.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Description: Gearun was born in the middle East, he was raised there, his father died, and his mother couldn't work, and they were very poor, so he sought out work as a Miner, he learnt how to use a Pick Axe and Drill, he decided to move over to the lands of Minerals, looking for a bigger fortune.
Gearun is a 24 year old male ,he has straight, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow ish skin tone.
Gearun looks at the steam,"Well, now what?" Gearun feels his neck hair go up as he hears the noise, and looks around, searching for anything that could have made that noise.

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

I ask the people i met earlier if the bats are agressive

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You don't have to look around for long.
Standing Immediately is a person in a beige white uniform with a swat visor. The click sound was probably issued from the nasty looking, white, bulky, bolt-action shotgun they just primed.
There is a short cackle of static from there helmet as they start speaking in a unnervingly disembodied voice "Sorry civilian this is a restricted area," Another burst of static "I repeat, this is a restricted area."

The two don't seem to know.
"I always just left 'em alone." The one with he shotguns says, handing the weapons to his companion "Lemme check..."
He sticks out an arm near them and they immediately swarm allover it.
The man giggles.
"Nah there perfectly harml- Ouch! One bit me! Get em off!"
The other man starts swiping off bats with one of the shotguns and requests your help.

I'm still waiting for you to post Talonwood. Anyway here's a picture of Al-ice.
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/Lordoftiki/Al-iceandbarbspitter_zpsd21860aa.jpg

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Lightly bruised
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 1/4, Snub-nosed Colt 5/6

I search around for possible exits...

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

"Uh... okay... slowly backs away. walking slowly back., he then quickly pulls out the pocket pistol and shoots at the swat guys leg (This is an attempt, I'm not trying to auto-hit here.)

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

I start to smack off the bats and if that doesn't work I'll try to carefully stab most of the bats off(making sure not to hurt the guy)

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

I try to recover from the blast as quickly as possible, drawing my gorgon and searching for the beast that tried to attack me.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

(Had to try posting this twice.)

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 1/4, Snub-nosed Colt 5/6

The only exits are the flooded tunnel and the door Al-ice first appeared from.

State: Heavily bruised, winded

The guys pants are only a canvas-like material and offer no resistance to a small chunk of red hot lead traveling at nearly twice the speed of sound.
As the bullet hits him in the knee the man curses and nearly buckles, but manages to keep hold of his weapon.
He squeezes off a shot of a shot and you're hit in the chest by 23 or so bird-shot pellets. The individual pellets are two small to pierce your kevlar but the combined impact force punches the air out of you lungs and drives you to the floor.
You dully hear your pistol clattering to the ground.

You start stabbing the soft bodies of the bats and soon there is a pile of them at around the mans feet.
With the last of the bats stabbed or swatted off, the man relaxes and mutter something about allergies.
The gem is now only scarcely occupied by bats.

The beast is sprawling on the floor not far away, but as you watch it gets up and enters a aggressive stance, growling.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I unload my clip at the freak. Hoping one of my shots counts and that it won't be the last thing I do.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I go into the tunnel after Al-ice, holding my almost empty but familiar barb-spitter ready to fire at the first thing that moves.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

State: Heavily bruised, winded
I try to get up, then run at the swat team guy that is on the floor, step on his hand, and take his gun off him.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Gorgon 2/9
Items: Pick-axe, knife, gas mask, med kit

After a couple of shots you get hit something vital and the creature goes down, as the last the sound from the last gunshot fades away and the animal slumps to the ground you hear a load pop from across the chamber and a voice saying "Oh I say!"

You come to a larger room, this one full of misused animal cages. You can vaguely hear Al-ice talking to something, the sound of its voice is occasionally blotted out by a slightly-whiny sounding howling.

Arms:Barb Spitter, Pocket pistol 3/4.
State: Heavily bruised

The man is actually standing up so the whole stepping on hand plan doesn't go so well, you do manage to send his weapon skittering away across the floor but the man shoves you back and you almost get forced into the burning hot steam wall.

Showing 196-210 of 742