ForumsWEPRMarriage equality

152 54939
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I'd like to hear everyones opinions about equal marriage right between gay and straight people.

• 152 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

The pope we have now isn't a real pope.

For someone claiming to have faith in Christ for choosing the pope, you are a man of poor faith if you start to challenge this idea as soon as you don't like the new pope. The procedure was the same, there's no reason to think he's not choosen by god. This only shows you hand-pick things depending on your opinions. The bible only offers you arguments agaisnt gay marriage, it is not the reason why you're against it. You just think it's jucky.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Of course you do. I don't agree with the government just because it's the government, and I seriously doubt that partydevil does either, so the analogy doesn't follow.
okay, I was trying to prove a point. I hate the government and would not like anything more than to end it. But the church, is something I want to be ruled by. I agree with the church, so why wouldn't I want to be part of it. If I didn't want to be ruled by it, i'd leave, just like If any country were more free than the USA (not free at all) then I'd leave here too. The church doesn't make laws that children need a freakin license to have a lemonade stand! And I'm in Massachusetts, the worst of all. I love Boston, but it's laws suck.

For someone claiming to have faith in Christ for choosing the pope, you are a man of poor faith if you start to challenge this idea as soon as you don't like the new pope. The procedure was the same, there's no reason to think he's not choosen by god. This only shows you hand-pick things depending on your opinions. The bible only offers you arguments agaisnt gay marriage, it is not the reason why you're against it. You just think it's jucky.
God doesn't choose the popes.
i have no problem whit breaking the law from time to time. as long it doesn't harm anyone
You just showed me that you're a bad person. Why on earth would I listen to you.

You're no better than the guys at Nuremburg: only following orders, not thinking for yourself. That defense doesn't work.
The American soldiers, God bless them, are told to do alot of things, whether they like it or not.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

God doesn't choose the popes.

You said the pope is put in charge of us by Christ, and that the pope is spoken through by god. Your words. Now whether the pope is directly chosen by god or only approved by him, doesn't change that you can't just pick out yourself which pope you follow and which not. Thus why I find it funyn that you don't consider the actual pope as legitimate.

You just showed me that you're a bad person. Why on earth would I listen to you.

The law is not holy. Law is human, as such it is also fallible. There are certain circumstances when not following the law is not bad at all. Not always of course, but noone ever said it was always a good thing to break the law.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I agree with the church, so why wouldn't I want to be part of it. If I didn't want to be ruled by it, i'd leave,

So if the church said something you disagreed with, you'd risk eternal flames? Why not smile and nod?

You just showed me that you're a bad person.

Ever crossed the street in the middle, instead of at a corner or crosswalk? If so, jaywalker! That's illegal! You're so bad!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The American soldiers, God bless them, are told to do alot of things, whether they like it or not.

Doesn't absolve them of actions.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

You said the pope is put in charge of us by Christ, and that the pope is spoken through by god. Your words
He gives the pope the power, but He doesn't choose the pope.

Doesn't absolve them of actions.
Umm... I'm not

So if the church said something you disagreed with, you'd risk eternal flames? Why not smile and nod?
If a real pope says something when discussing a matter of faith or morals, I have to listen to him. If I don't like it, I leave. But the real church hasn't said anything I don't agree with yet.

Ever crossed the street in the middle, instead of at a corner or crosswalk? If so, jaywalker! That's illegal! You're so bad!

No, I live in the suburbs, and I get driven to school and other places by my nanny(he's a tutor and chauffeur). I never cross the street really lol.

The law is not holy. Law is human, as such it is also fallible. There are certain circumstances when not following the law is not bad at all. Not always of course, but noone ever said it was always a good thing to break the law.
This is the only good point you've made. But still, being a troublemaker won't get you anywhere with the law.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

That was adressed in the part you apparently ignored. But sure, go on evading my point.

But let's get back to business. So you're a fervent follower of laws? Many countries nowadays legally allow marriage for every kind of couple. So even using your logic, there's nothing wrong with that. Right?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Why would He give power to one He disapproves of?

real pope
real church

How do you determine which ones are 'real' and which ones are false, but still powered by God?

I never cross the street really lol.

You said you live in Mass, right? "It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath." Ever broke that?
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

ew gay marriage is gross i dont know about you guys but gay marriage is disgusting,guy kissing a guy man who would support this?.....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

ew gay marriage is gross i dont know about you guys but gay marriage is disgusting,guy kissing a guy man

And here we have homophobia at it's finest.

Why exactly is it gross, pray tell?

who would support this?.....

Logical people?
That would be my guess
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

ew gay marriage is gross i dont know about you guys but gay marriage is disgusting,guy kissing a guy man who would support this?.....

Back to arguing like a 5 year old I see.

It really doesn't matter if you personally find it gross or not. You're not being forced to do it. There are people who don' find it gross and enjoy such acts. They aren't harming others and should be granted the ability to be with the one they love with the full legal benefits that go along with that. As such gross or not to you, it should be supported as a means of equal treatment.

For a bit of perspective let's put what you said on the other foot for a moment.

"ew gay marriage is gross i dont know about you guys but straight marriage is disgusting,guy kissing a girl man who would support this?....."

Does that at all sound like a good reason to not support heterosexual marriage to you?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

"ew gay marriage is gross i dont know about you guys but straight marriage is disgusting,guy kissing a girl man who would support this?....."

*ew straight marriage is gross

Sorry..saw the typo.
It is gross, though. I just don't get it...girls are gross and have cooties. Why would anyone want to be with them?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Back to arguing like a 5 year old I see.

We have to give him credit for being honest, at least. Not like others who are waving dusty old story books to give apparent significance to their "arguments".
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

We have to give him credit for being honest,

no1 is more honest then a 5 year old
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

let me ask the guy who thinks gay marriage is okay.....Are you Gay??

Showing 76-90 of 152