ForumsWEPRWhy arent people "BRAVE" anymore?

60 19749
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Back in medieval times people wouldnt be afraid of anything at all but now theyr all cowards and when you point a gun or anything at you they are like "Dont kill me!!! anyway tell me why people are cowards,answers may lead to movies,stories all things like that

• 60 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Surprised that no one has thought of the Japanese Samurai. Granted they fought for honor, but nonetheless...

Not all Samurai were that brave
Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri is the act of waiting for a defenseless passerby (mostly during nighttime) and attacking/killing the passerby with a new katana (or fighting style or weapon) to test its effectiveness.

In other words: hiding..at night..for a defenseless person..to kill them to see if your weapon works well.

Oh yes..and an excerpt from here
Despite the rampant romanticism of the 20th century, samurai could be disloyal and treacherous (e.g., Akechi Mitsuhide), cowardly, brave, or overly loyal (e.g., Kusunoki Masashige).
NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

True, but when compared to a knight over in Europe... I know that there are bad things on each side, but, can't really help it, it is history. But normally, a Samurai would serve a master until death...unless it was a ronin.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

True, but when compared to a knight over in Europe... I know that there are bad things on each side, but, can't really help it, it is history. But normally, a Samurai would serve a master until death...unless it was a ronin.

Oh hell yeah..Samurai are usually the epitome of honor, and with that honor code comes an immense amount of bravery (better to die in battle than be disgraced in defeat, etc.)..but the idea still doesn't fit with the OP stating we aren't brave anymore, as he is just generalizing. Samurai were brave..but not all of them were. Medieval knights were brave..but not all of them were. Todays soldiers are brave...but not all of them are.

And I'd like to point something out..mmbs112 pointed out how people aren't as brave today..and used the example of soldiers in Medieval times.
Soldiers vs. People
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

No more bravery? Looks like you haven't met many people at all. What about police officers? Soldiers? Firefighters? People who deal with danger regularly?

And as for the homosexual thing...
What exactly do you smoke? I'd like to know so that I can ban the stuff and kill the smokers. It induces ignorance, apparently.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Also, this will get a lot of hate, gays don't go to war, so they take up a lot of the weak population you see every day.

There's a gay guy in my army bunk, and one of my sergeants is gay. So you can **** off right away.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

1) Homosexuals are in the military.
2) Homosexuality has nothing to do with anything except homosexuality.
3) Where are you getting that homosexuals are "weak?" The stereotypical image of them is a buff guy...

The only gays I know are guys with buzzcuts, tight pants, and hang with girls only.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

1) Homosexuals are in the military.
2) Homosexuality has nothing to do with anything except homosexuality.
3) Where are you getting that homosexuals are "weak?" The stereotypical image of them is a buff guy...
The only gays I know are guys with buzzcuts, tight pants, and hang with girls only.

And yet you can somehow judge all gays?

Muppet.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

There's a gay guy in my army bunk, and one of my sergeants is gay. So you can **** off right away
Lol, I'm glad ur working hard out there on armor games. Also, Im homophobic, so stop. I throw up if I see a gay guy. I had to wrestle a gay guy in a tourney, and he walked out with a *****, so I refused to wrestle him.
Also, I love how most of the comments are off mine. XD

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I know straight guys that are the exact same way.

And how, pray tell, is hanging out with girls a bad thing?

Lol, I'm glad ur working hard out there on armor games.

Nicho is in the Singapore Army.

Also, Im homophobic, so stop.

Oh good..at least we can admit what the problem is here.

And admitting that you are homophobic isn't a reason for people to stop pointing out your asinine remarks.
That'd be like KKK, if someone was protesting their actions, to go "We are racists, so leave us alone!".

I had to wrestle a gay guy in a tourney, and he walked out with a *****

I'm calling BS on the story.
And pretending it is real..how do you know he was gay? Maybe he was just with his girl..or saw a fine young lady.

Also, I love how most of the comments are off mine. XD

There is a reason for that.
When a Mod takes the time to point out how asinine and ignorant your comments are..you need to reevaluate what the hell you are doing.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

And how, pray tell, is hanging out with girls a bad thing? they act like they're one of them

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

they act like they're one of them

...so? I fail to see what's so wrong about this.

And actually, no they don't. People that act as such are generally referred to as transvestites, and a good number of them are actually straight.

Oh..and again..why is hanging out with girls such a bad thing? I hang out with girls..what's so wrong about it?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

People that act as such are generally referred to as transvestites, and a good number of them are actually straight.

Metrosexual might also be an applicable term based on his description.

...And this has nothing to do with bravery...
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I had to wrestle a gay guy in a tourney

I'm fairly sure homosexuals aren't allowed on wrestling teams. At least here, anyhow.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I'm fairly sure homosexuals aren't allowed on wrestling teams. At least here, anyhow.

To deny them would go against equal rights laws (in US public schools anyway).
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I love gay people!

Showing 46-60 of 60