ForumsWEPRWhy arent people "BRAVE" anymore?

60 19748
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Back in medieval times people wouldnt be afraid of anything at all but now theyr all cowards and when you point a gun or anything at you they are like "Dont kill me!!! anyway tell me why people are cowards,answers may lead to movies,stories all things like that

• 60 Replies
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

I'm pretty sure people back then would rather die at home, poor, but at home, rather than violently somewhere far away.

Peasants, most likely.

For the nobility, knights in particular, there's a certain glory to dying in battle.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

For the nobility, knights in particular, there's a certain glory to dying in battle.

Fighting yes, dying no, for the most part. Lying, cheating, murdering, swindling bunch of gits those nobles.
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Fighting yes, dying no, for the most part. Lying, cheating, murdering, swindling bunch of gits those nobles.

For the most part, yes.

But generalising them for their social class makes you as bad as they were :P
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

No it doesn't. I didn't knife anyone. It makes me guilty of historical scholarly grossness, but not murder.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

No it doesn't. I didn't knife anyone. It makes me guilty of historical scholarly grossness, but not murder.

Again, not all nobles were directly or indirectly responsible for deaths.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Again, not all nobles were directly or indirectly responsible for deaths.

Yes....and so? The romantic image of a noble gloriously charging into battle unto certain death is even more grossly exaggerated.
Beschuss
Beschuss
5 posts
Peasant

You seem to think that being afraid of something means you're not brave
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
"Thats the only time a man can be brave"

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Back in medieval times people wouldnt be afraid of anything at all but now theyr all cowards and when you point a gun or anything at you they are like "Dont kill me!!! anyway tell me why people are cowards,answers may lead to movies,stories all things like that
First of all, what you hear of in novels and stuff isn't always accurate. People back then could be just the same as now. There is a difference of toughness maybe. Secondly, We are raised with comfort and anything we need, which makes us weak. Lastly, there are still brave people. Do you go up to every person with a gun? Have you ever pointed a gun at a person in medieval times? most of our brave people go to war, and a lot of wimps and hippies are left behind. Also, this will get a lot of hate, gays don't go to war, so they take up a lot of the weak population you see every day.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

People back then could be just the same as now.

They probably were on average. Though I'd imagine they were more afraid, seeing legions of people screaming running at them.

Also, this will get a lot of hate, gays don't go to war, so they take up a lot of the weak population you see every day.

1) Homosexuals are in the military.
2) Homosexuality has nothing to do with anything except homosexuality.
3) Where are you getting that homosexuals are "weak?" The stereotypical image of them is a buff guy...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Secondly, We are raised with comfort and anything we need, which makes us weak.

Knights of old were raised with comfort and mostly what they wanted.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

most of our brave people go to war, and a lot of wimps and hippies are left behind. Also, this will get a lot of hate, gays don't go to war, so they take up a lot of the weak population you see every day.

Wow. Once again you managed to mix spoon-fed ignorant stereotypes in a completely unrelated fashion into your hateful spitting. Nice job.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Also, this will get a lot of hate, gays don't go to war, so they take up a lot of the weak population you see every day.

Do you even check whether your statements are true or not before you start typing?
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

most of our brave people go to war, and a lot of wimps and hippies are left behind. Also, this will get a lot of hate, gays don't go to war, so they take up a lot of the weak population you see every day.

I am facepalming so hard at the ignorance and stupidity you are showing. I wanna ask do you believe anybody who lived in Europe at the time of World War 2 but didn't fight in it is a "wimp" or a "hippy"?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You know just because something sounds like it makes sense in your head that doesn't make it true.
NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

Surprised that no one has thought of the Japanese Samurai. Granted they fought for honor, but nonetheless... Also for the homosexuals not going to war thing, really? Can you reason as to how, even though there are homosexuals in the military, that idea?

Showing 31-45 of 60