Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Printed Guns and Arms Laws

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 10:54pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

465 posts

I say we definately put restrictions on who gets these guns, and how. As of right now, anyone with a 3D printer can get a gun. Yes, it's plastic; But it also fires real bullets, and can easily make it through metal detectors. They're too dangerous for public access. It's just another threat that we can add to our lists.
I am against printed guns, and believe they should be illegal until proper laws are set regarding them.

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 11:08pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

It's interesting how whenever we come up with a technology that could vastly improve our lives, we find a way to kill ourselves with it.

Posted Jun 5, '13 at 6:52am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

on one side it improves our live. on the other side will it destroy allot of our lifes.

i c the great potential that nearly everyone sees. but i also see the bad side that nobody likes to talk about, and rather discard it is useless. but we will see in the end. ive been right befor while everyone was laughing at me...

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 7:54am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,083 posts

Knight

If anyone still doubted that printed guns could pose a problem, a reporter actually put it to the test:

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Poli … ter-318733

Posted Jul 8, '13 at 6:30pm

bluesky4us

bluesky4us

31 posts

3d printers could handle the parts that don't take a lot of stress. such as the grips.
for the barrel you just need a Lethe.
for the complex components a CNC machine can be used. such as the hammer and mechanical parts.
gunsmith tools cost no more then 40 dollars depending on what you would need.
as for blueprints the pirate bay has some along with some backnet Philippine and German sites have most blueprints including RPG receiver components.

long story short some psychopath could build a entire arsenal without any risk of the gun taking his hand off.

something should be done to stop some access you cant control it completely by law. we are not a communist nation that oppresses one invention for its greater good.

3d printers are not the issue. insane people are
they should not be near anything so much as a butterfly knife.

i consider this a relatively neutral answer to this subject.

Posted Jul 9, '13 at 5:48am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

3d printers are not the issue. insane people are

3d printers however do make it much much much more easy for the insane people to get the gun..
maybe not in the usa where every idiot already has a gun. but it is a big problem for the civilized world.

Reply to Printed Guns and Arms Laws

You must be logged in to post a reply!