ForumsPopular Media[Necro] Celebrities sell there soul

26 16626
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

tw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgE7__9-tw[/url]
Don't try to come up with some stupid excuse for these people.

• 26 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

It's called an expression, KnightDeclan.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

It's called telling people that they sold their sols to the devil. I know you don't believe in the devil, but I think it's true. There are hundreds of these, and backwards messages in songs saying "Hail Satan."

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

It's called telling people that they sold their sols to the devil.

What do they gain by telling anyone this? It makes no sense that they would put it in their songs.

backwards messages in songs saying "Hail Satan."

1) Most of the "backwards" things I've heard have clearly been intentional as selling points/jokes.
2) Of the ones that weren't intentional, it sounds garbled and can be construed to say a myriad of things.
3) I think it says more about the people who believe in conspiracy theories that they listen to music backwards, than what random words might pop up when playing a song backwards.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

What do they gain by telling anyone this? It makes no sense that they would put it in their songs.

1) Most of the "backwards" things I've heard have clearly been intentional as selling points/jokes.
2) Of the ones that weren't intentional, it sounds garbled and can be construed to say a myriad of things.
3) I think it says more about the people who believe in conspiracy theories that they listen to music backwards, than what random words might pop up when playing a song backwards.

It's just sort of a "In your face" thing. Also, you brain takes things in backwards, so yeah.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Again. What does this gain them? What's the point?

It's just sort of a "In your face" thing.

They don't say it, they're hiding it, they're devil worshipers.
They say it, they're being in your face about it, they're devil worshipers.

No matter how you play it, you just want them to be devil worshipers. That's all this really is.

Also, you brain takes things in backwards, so yeah.

No, no it doesn't. Visually, you take things in upside down and flipped, but auditory isn't the case. Nor do people understands backwards speaking, especially when it's playing forward.

Here's an example of this. Say you wanted a song to say "Hail Satan" when played backwards. Someone would have to say, natas laih. Which, if directly translated back, says Satan Hail. So even -if- we took in words "backwards" you would be hearing "Satan hail!"

Your beliefs are not even internally consistent.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

you cant imagion how many souls i got already ^^ haha..
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

As Kasic pointed out..it's an expression. Essentially, the artist is basically saying that they dove into the art/lifestyle and made it their number one focus. They gave up and sacrificed (at least, in their eyes) so much to make their dream a reality.

What if I told you I once tried to sell my soul to the devil...but upon attempting, nothing happened. What then?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

What if I told you I once tried to sell my soul to the devil...but upon attempting, nothing happened. What then?

we can always make a deal pang. but your part of the trade was just ridicules.
i just wanted your soul. and you wanted to have my guitar in exchange? =S
heaven no!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

[quote=KnightDeclan]I'm finishing up my sophomore year in high school without a single B, C, D, or F. I'm too smart for this world. People are just too easily brainwashed.
[...]
people are stupid! They'll follow anything, they're sheep.[/quote]
VS
[quote=KnightDeclan]It's called telling people that they sold their sols to the devil. [/quote]

Did I ever mention that I love your humour? Please keep 'em coming!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yeah, no. There are plenty of good and bad celebrities out there. Some are worse than others; however, none of them are bad enough to be considered evil in the slightest. You want evil, you want Hitler, Stalin, and other monstrosities like those guys. There aren't any celebrities as bad as them.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Did I ever mention that I love your humour? Please keep 'em coming!

i have a great sense of humor, but I'm not using it here lol. Are you guys
seriously that easily amused? You must be home schooled or foreign. I misspelled souls, you misspelled humor.

No, no it doesn't. Visually, you take things in upside down and flipped, but auditory isn't the case. Nor do people understands backwards speaking, especially when it's playing forward.

Here's an example of this. Say you wanted a song to say "Hail Satan" when played backwards. Someone would have to say, natas laih. Which, if directly translated back, says Satan Hail. So even -if- we took in words "backwards" you would be hearing "Satan hail!"

Your beliefs are not even internally consistent.

Consistent? i think i'm pretty dang consistent.

I listen to Rock music. I'm a Christian. Not a Satanist. I think that's all the proof you need.
You got me wrong. i love music today. Fun, Awolnation, Black keys, etc. It's just that I saw this on you tube and it made perfect sense. You guys are all acting like its an expression, well it's not. It had to start somehow, and i think it's kept up like that. Also, some songs are meant to be played backwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKahOl6MlEs
watch this whole video, if not, just at least skip to 5:40 and watch for 30 sec.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

You want evil, you want Hitler, Stalin, and other monstrosities like those guys
Why was Hitler bad? He killed innocent people, like our own president did? Drone strikes, or forcing Africans of the oil land, even if it leads to death. I'm not fond of Jews or Africans, but I'm going along with it to prove a point.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

i have a great sense of humor, but I'm not using it here lol.

That's the joke. Your posts are insanely ironic, as you are doing what you are bashing in the first posting provided by HahiHa

You must be home schooled or foreign

What does this have to do with anything?

you misspelled humor.

No he didn't. See...in other parts of the world (Europe), humor is spelled with a second u.
Same with colour.

Consistent? i think i'm pretty dang consistent.

>States he is a sophomore in high school
>States he is majoring in multiple science fields
>Claims consistency

t's just that I saw this on you tube and it made perfect sense.

No it doesn't.

You guys are all acting like its an expression, well it's not.

Yes it is.

It had to start somehow

Yes..it started with an idea that some people sold their soul to the devil in order to achieve fame, popularity, etc. This phrase then became attributed to the industries as a whole, for some people would jokingly (sometimes, though, seriously) refer to companies, such as record companies, as "the devil" ("I signed my soul over to the devil&quot due to the art/lifestyle completely taking over the persons life..due to the busy schedules it demands.

Why was Hitler bad? He killed innocent people, like our own president did?

You are literally too stupid to insult.
Our president is not killing innocent people..and in no way like ****ing Hitler did.

I'm not fond of Jews

Watch your ****ing step.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Hahaha. You guys still respond seriously to him.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Hahaha. You guys still respond seriously to him.

As Mage put it in a different thread..the responses aren't just for him..but for anybody that might be watching on the sidelines
Showing 1-15 of 26