Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Armor Games Community Activity Initiative

Thread Locked

Posted May 29, '13 at 8:10am

partydevil

partydevil

5,311 posts

we should simply gather our ideas after debate, design our new logos/headings and head to the administrators who after all will have the final say and hold the key to this admirable project.

Posted May 29, '13 at 8:12am

partydevil

partydevil

5,311 posts

holy fook. =0

let's say it like this then:

i need a edit button.

Posted May 29, '13 at 10:11am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,621 posts

Knight

I want one too. D:

Posted May 29, '13 at 11:29am

xeano321

xeano321

3,136 posts

Knight

It is not a productive usage of whatever time and effort we possess in our presumably busy and soon to be occupied days.

Statistics can be pretty influential. Right now, the admins only have us to say that activity has dropped. This way, we're able to prove to them on paper that activity has dropped (we'll also find out if it has dropped as much as we thought.)

At the same time, we could continue with the thread creation and posting to increase the activity by ourselves.

We already are doing that. We can only create so many threads ourselves, but without new people arriving to discuss the topics as well, they get pretty boring.

Remember volunteers, if you feel overwhelmed by the project, let me know so I can help you guys out.

Posted May 29, '13 at 11:34am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,621 posts

Knight

Statistics can be pretty influential. Right now, the admins only have us to say that activity has dropped. This way, we're able to prove to them on paper that activity has dropped (we'll also find out if it has dropped as much as we thought.)

You don't need statistics. Bring up a thread like the WoM, or the Poetry Contest, and you're set. Nothing on such a large scale is happening now. The WoM was huge and popular, whilst the old Poetry Thread was overflowing. Or the fact that now we don't even need the list of active people on the Forums anymore.

Posted May 29, '13 at 1:12pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Statistics can be pretty influential.

Checking how many threads died in one month every other year isn't convincing.

Right now, the admins only have us to say that activity has dropped.

Does it matter if it dropped or increased? I don't care if this year is the best ever, tenfold the activity of other years. There's still plenty of room for improvement.

Posted May 29, '13 at 2:44pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,396 posts

Knight

You don't need statistics. Bring up a thread like the WoM, or the Poetry Contest, and you're set.

Nich is right, there is no need for statistics. While the admins do like numbers and charts, it wont fix the activity issues. Plus I think both the mods and admins can say for certain, the site is losing a lot of activity by the day.

Finding ways to promote activity is difficult, and the root of the issue I think is because AG3 took so long people lost interest and think that AG2 looks a bit outdated. Take a look at NG for example. NG has a lot of things AG doesn't have and it's a more clean cut look (but with more adult themes then AG would like to permit). Not to mention, the Community button is very small and wouldn't get you're attention.

If the Admins knew how to fix the activity issue they would have by now. Look at boppins, the list of glitches the site had he took care of in 2 months (or something like that). Activity is another factor, and really, it roots in how exciting the site is. Quests was a solution to both AP spamming and it brought something interesting into the site, but it isn't really making the cut. For now, we should be thinking about what people want to see in a gaming site rather then the root of the issue being, because when it comes down to "how to solve the issue" it will play but a small role. Plus most of my friends left the site a couple of months ago, and the main reason was because the site was boring. We need to have the site be like pop rox in you're mouth!

Posted May 29, '13 at 2:57pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

Plus I think both the mods and admins can say for certain, the site is losing a lot of activity by the day.

If the Admins knew how to fix the activity issue they would have by now.

The forum is not a primary source of income, the games are. The forum is losing activity, not the games, so with that said, there is little reason for them to care much for the forum. Activity is also something you can't simply fix like a glitch.

Posted May 29, '13 at 5:47pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

The forum is not a primary source of income, the games are. The forum is losing activity, not the games, so with that said, there is little reason for them to care much for the forum.

Actually, forums are used to build member loyalty, thus having the members play games on AG more often as opposed to other sites. It's a marketing thing.

Posted May 30, '13 at 12:24am

xeano321

xeano321

3,136 posts

Knight

You don't need statistics. Bring up a thread like the WoM, or the Poetry Contest, and you're set. Nothing on such a large scale is happening now. The WoM was huge and popular, whilst the old Poetry Thread was overflowing. Or the fact that now we don't even need the list of active people on the Forums anymore.

Flat out telling them that activity has dropped has failed to this point. Maybe showing them that we care enough about the community to go to this much trouble will change their minds.

The forum is not a primary source of income, the games are. The forum is losing activity, not the games, so with that said, there is little reason for them to care much for the forum. Activity is also something you can't simply fix like a glitch.

They could at least listen to us and try... That's all I want is a little bit of effort. That would improve the mood considerably.