ForumsWEPR[Necro] usa's online spy operations.

25 18000
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

something interesting popped up on the news. i went through the source of it. coming from here and here.

basically, usa is secretly breaking european privacy laws on a large scale. only because they got afraid after 9/11 -.-'
this story is probably going to get a tail.

• 25 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I honestly don't have a problem with it. They aren't going through everyone's phone conversations, just those who called known or suspected terrorists. And even then, it's not like they're disclosing this information to everyone.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

^ As Kasic said above I really don't have a problem with it. Also, do you really think the USA is the only one doing this? I guarantee that there are other countries doing this.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I honestly don't have a problem with it. They aren't going through everyone's phone conversations, just those who called known or suspected terrorists. And even then, it's not like they're disclosing this information to everyone.

it's still breaking the laws that should secure my privacy. why do we have these privacy laws if we dont care about our privacy.
and you dont know who they enclose this info whit and neither should it matter. they shouldn't be having this info in the 1st place.

do you really think the USA is the only one doing this? I guarantee that there are other countries doing this.

other countries can't do it the way usa does. not on such a large scale. (if you wanna know how. read the link )
and there is no evidence other countries do it. for the usa there is now.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

it's still breaking the laws that should secure my privacy.

What exactly about your privacy is being broken? People you don't know and will likely never meet know what time you called a particular person at, if the person you were calling was on their 'watch' list? Whoopdiedo.

they shouldn't be having this info in the 1st place.

Okay, so let's just let the people intent on harming everyone walk around. Using any sort of technology to assist in finding these people is obviously a breach of privacy for everyone who is not breaking the law.

Oh wait, then people die and we have an -actual- problem.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

other countries can't do it the way usa does. not on such a large scale.

I'll give you that one, no one else can because those company's headquarters (Google,Apple,Yahoo) are in the U.S, so they have to follow the laws.

and there is no evidence other countries do it. for the usa there is now.

There is probably evidence if you dig deep enough, but I am about to go to a family thing so I can't look anything up. But think about it, sure the USA is probably the leader in doing this, but that doesn't mean this country is the only one collecting information through the servers.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I'll give you that one, no one else can because those company's headquarters (Google,Apple,Yahoo) are in the U.S, so they have to follow the laws.

so do these companies have headquarters (not the main of course) in european countries. they have to follow these laws aswell.

see where it starts to become interesting? this **** shouldn't have been revealed. it would be better if it didn't. but it did. so now the fun begins.
the companies are stuck between the european laws and the american laws. the americans use these laws to search through private files whitout asking or permission from any country. if the americans are really only after the terrorists. why dont they inform the country in question about it? why do they want to do it secretly? any country would work along right away to stop anything from happening so why... why?
if it is why you ask, then here is the answer. not only civilians are using the services of these (private) companies. about all government institutes use them aswell. passing on our secret documents that they are now able to watch freely whitout permission.

so the companies are either breaking usa law or european law.
(i love this stuff)

What exactly about your privacy is being broken?

if microsoft say's that my privacy is their priority. and the usa government can freely look in all their logs and streaming data. then my private stuff are in the usa governments hands. it doesn't belong there as the european privacy laws protects me from private information like fingerprints and virtual ID copies to be shared whit non EU members.

so microsoft now has to make a decision that can't be made.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Don't be so sure. I'm not sure if this relates to what partydevil is talking about or not but it seems to be on the same vein.

NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily
Mass Blanket Surveillance - Obama is NOT the 'Change' We Believed In
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily
Mass Blanket Surveillance - Obama is NOT the 'Change' We Believed In

All this started under the Bush regime. I personally don't care since I'm not talking with terrorist.
My only problem is why hasn't the Bush family been standing in front of a firing squad since they had ties with people from Saudi Arabia and knew that these weasels were going to attack the US?
Doesn't that make them traitors?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Don't be so sure. I'm not sure if this relates to what partydevil is talking about or not but it seems to be on the same vein.

sort of. this is the impact obamas law had on the us citizens. and it all actually falls whitin the laws. so yes they spy on you but thats not going against their own laws. so nothing you can do about it really.
but these laws gave the NSA and FBI the right to search in all the files of the companies in the prism-project. also those of non us citizens. but at the same time it's breaking my rights. (stop policing the world, usa. stop being afraid.)

All this started under the Bush regime.

and was updated by obama in 2012 that made these activities possible.
dont get me wrong i truly hate bush and often when some1 blames something on obama (mainly about the debt) then we can track it down to something bush did. but this wasn't possible whit the laws bush made. only after obama has updated them.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

so yes they spy on you but thats not going against their own laws. so nothing you can do about it really.

Yes we can do something about it. It goes against our fourth amendment rights. It's just a matter of getting enough people to actually do something.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

dunno about that.
but as seeing from here sofar. people dont care about their privacy rights. gun rights are more important. xD

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

AS it appears, even those gun nuts who fear govrnment oppression are fine with this servilence

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

if this topic was about gun rights it would hit page 6 or 7 by now....
i didn't want to say. but what a hypocrites.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i heard today that 56% of the americans dont mind and 45% of them even wants the government to take a closer look.

i want to ask all the americans here that have the same few:
do you mind sharing all your private information whit china, brazil, pakistan, afghanistan, iran, the EU and south-africa?

Showing 1-15 of 25