ForumsWEPRMiracles

80 30338
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I don't quite remember who doubted miracles, but how do you explain these? Scientists have always chosen to stay away from these. Kinda funny how these people were known as holy people when alive.

http://www.protestanterrors.com/incorruptibles.htm

• 80 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

First of all, stfu everyone except Mage and Noname.

it's a public forum. only mods and admins tell me to stfu.

You're only mocking my beliefs and should be banned.

your mocking my believes and you should be banned. + you act like a mod by saying i have to stfu.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

your mocking my believes and you should be banned. + you act like a mod by saying i have to stfu.

I'm not mocking your beliefs. Please show me where.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i believe science is right. if you say your did not mock that. then i should link you to nearly all youve posted.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

i believe science is right. if you say your did not mock that. then i should link you to nearly all youve posted.
Hey, you're making atheist look stupid. Me denying science or calling it crazy isn't mocking. If I started posting little comics or stating my rteligion like some retarded guy would, like everybody on this website, then I'd be mocking. I can start trolling on you guys, and I mean actual trolling, but I'm not, because I'm not that low, like you. MageGrayWolf is probably the only person on here that I don't agree with, but like because he gets right to business and tries to inform. He doesn't make fun of me, or mock me, he just wants to help.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

going back to what the topic was:
could we maybe see "faith" as combination of trust and hope?

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

going back to what the topic was:
could we maybe see "faith" as combination of trust and hope?

Not only

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

and I respect that, even if I do not agree.

Oh, suddenly you do?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

lol your good in being a ninja. xD

Hey, you're making atheist look stupid. Me denying science or calling it crazy isn't mocking.

i dunno the exact definition of mocking but when you say things like i'm not intelligent because i have no faith in a god.
or that "teachers are forcing theories and opinions down children's throats like they're facts"
then that hurts my feelings... but who cares? not me, i'm just glad that i always played the why game whit my parents when i was young and we went to church. they didn't like it and soon i could stay home. so, i'm now free of doctrine. ^^

MageGrayWolf is probably the only person on here that I don't agree with, but like because he gets right to business and tries to inform. He doesn't make fun of me, or mock me, he just wants to help.

well you have to accept it is a public forum on the interwebz...

Not only

wasn't really mend to you. but nice you share your opinion. to bad tho that there is no reason why "not only" is behind that.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

just a quick question for all the atheists that are interested in science:
wouldn't you love to be able to debunk evolution? a whole new world will open. =P

If only for the Nature publication

Of course, if evolution would be totally wrong and another theory would explain everything better, it would be in our interest to find that out as soon as possible. But if that was the case, that would be kind of a miracle (in the improbability sense).
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Secondly, you guys are acting like we live on faith alone. We have the bible, the Church, (Idk if atheists know what I mean by that), Multiple teachings, traditions, and scriptures, the Mass, etc. We have a strong base,

How is that a strong basis? Doesn't all that still come back to faith?

The Bible, just a book of claims still requiring evidence to support it.
The Church, this might as well be an argument from popularity fallacy
Multiple teaching, from the Bible or some skewed interpretation there of. A bit circular here.
Scripture, same as above.
Traditions, meaningless to something being valid.
Mass, people getting together doesn't contribute it that somethings validity.

Basically
"We have a book believed on faith, and an organization formed around believing that book on faith, multiple stuff think we learn from that book, stuff we do repeatedly, writings from that book, and we get together and worship a concept from that book that we believe to be true on faith."

there is a minimum of researches (more then just 2) needed before a theory can be agreed on, right?

Yes you need the experiment and findings repeated by multiple independent people before it can be called a scientific theory.

just a quick question for all the atheists that are interested in science:
wouldn't you love to be able to debunk evolution? a whole new world will open. =P

Might win you a Nobel Prize, so that may be pretty cool.

if it's a normal chair, then i trust it is strong enough to hold me.
if it's some wonky chair, (and others say it is still strong enough) then i have faith it wont collapse on me. but i'm not trusting it.

You would be then trusting what the people tell you and what basis is that derived from?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

if evolution would be totally wrong and another theory would explain everything better, it would be in our interest to find that out as soon as possible.

lets start the search tomorrow... ... .. . nha, i got better things to do.

But if that was the case, that would be kind of a miracle (in the improbability sense).

maybe we should ask hans klok. he might know more.

You would be then trusting what the people tell you and what basis is that derived from?

if it's a wonky chair, i dont trust them. they probably wanna laugh when i fall. but i'll gonna hope it wont fail.

==========================
i'll post this again since it's been lost on the useless page.
"could we maybe see "faith" as combination of trust and hope?"
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

First of all, stfu everyone except Mage and Noname.

See..you have no control over who posts and doesn't post.

You're only mocking my beliefs and should be banned

1) have you seen what your beliefs are?

2) I specialize in using sarcasm and satire to break down arguments. I don't plan on ceasing to do so..it works.

Secondly, you guys are acting like we live on faith alone.

You do. You have no true evidence/proof..only further claims (i.e. Bible)

[quote=partydevil]wouldn't you love to be able to debunk evolution?[/quote]

If that was to ever happen...the moment it happens, Creationists would freak out claiming that Creationism must be true then.

I can start trolling on you guys, and I mean actual trolling,

Wait..you haven't started yet?

MageGrayWolf is probably the only person on here that I don't agree with, but like because he gets right to business and tries to inform. He doesn't make fun of me, or mock me, he just wants to help.

1) He doesn't? That's cute

2) He does want to inform..and that's the beauty of Mage. Doesn't mean you can't learn from the rest of us either

3) If this is how you handle our WEPR group..if you came on, say, a year ago...you'd have been torn to the tiniest of shreds. I think this is the first time I'm saying this...if only 314d1 was here.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

if only 314d1 was here.

Oh god no. 314d1 was as bad as the fundies. Constantly belligerent, purposefully misinterpreting and twisting what people said to provoke, and an all around *******.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

lets start the search tomorrow... ... .. . nha, i got better things to do.

There has been about 150 years of searching to no avail.

if it's a wonky chair, i dont trust them. they probably wanna laugh when i fall. but i'll gonna hope it wont fail.

In that sort of situation I wouldn't sit in the chair.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'm not mocking your beliefs. Please show me where.

[quote=KnightDeclan]I got a joke; Evolution. I got another one; people who support it.[/quote]

Not in this thread, of course, but still a bash on those who acknowledge Evolution as a scientific principle, calling it and the people "jokes". This is kinda what started the tangent from the OP and causing the thread to be locked. We keep track of this stuff.

Huzzah glitch. Show thine self! Let there be light!

It's a miracle! What could not be seen, now can!

[quote]Ah, but obviously you were inspired to do such an action, thus it's still a miracle!
[/quote]

So you guys also didn't pay attention to my warning, huh? I make you guys take heed for a reason, you know.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4145028+_36ca131bd52f4311b4fdc4874f98771c.jpg

What's wrong with my post at the beginning of page 6? Was that not civil and informative? It's summarizing why we build science upon skepticism and what good that comes out of such ideologies.

{Anybody and Everybody can participate in debate threads in the WEPR, so long as they maintain civil debate procedures and refrain from bashing. That goes for both sides of the table, which I'm seeing very clearly.}

{Then again, be prepared to have your ideals come under scrutiny and be prepared to COUNTERARGUE your points to defend them}
Showing 61-75 of 80