Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[Avoid Page2 on] evolution

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 3:44pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Exactly, there's no way that a "BIG BANG" can make all of this.

No, The Big Bang doesn't explain all this. We have separate theories for each step.

It's either God made the world and man and all of the animals and they never changed, or there was a big explosion which formed everything perfectly and made life somehow which evolved into intelligent lifeforms which can to incredible things.

1. Big Bang wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion of spacetime.
2. the state of matter/energy changed as the universe cooled after this expansion began. So it wasn't just "boom everything is here". That would be more in line with the religious view of how everything got here.

So please tell me what God could have done better because he gave us all we could ask for and we destroyed it.

Not make us in a way that we would display such tendencies, or set up a situation that would inevitably result in us being that way.

So your willing to believe a theory yet theories are proven wrong every day over God who has never wronged us.

it's accepting an evidence based claim that is open to revision over a claim that is completely unsupported by anything beyond just believe it.

Screw logical, the bible told it a different way, and tradition does.  I'd follow tradition and scripture in stead of people these days trying to figure out what happened before they were born.

And there in lays the problem with the way you think.

So is my belief.  We're existing lifeforms, and it's based upon us.

No it's not. You just got done saying how it's based on scripture.

ugh sorry but these theories have all been proven wrong

And that was achieved through gaining more evidence and knowledge and revising our models of reality accordingly. This is not a weakness of science but a strength. When  religion encounters something demonstrable  that doesn't line up with it's views it vehemently opposes it instead of accepting it was wrong and changing accordingly, just as you are doing now.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 3:46pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,241 posts

Just because a scientist said it, doesn't mean it's true.

Just because an old book says it, doesn't mean it's true. Just because a magical person in the sky says it, doesn't mean it's true. Just because some "prophets" said it, doesn't mean it's true.

i believe in the things that were passed down from Christ, Revealed by God, or revealed by a real Pope.

So if the pope said "Your skin is green, you just can't see it." means you would believe it? Also, how do you even know that the this dusty old tome is what this "god" is really saying? You know the Bible has had so many edits and changes.

This is truly ridiculous.  I laughed at this.  You're boring me with your ignorant beliefs.  The good thing about my religion is, that you require faith.  God made it this way so that ignorant people like you wouldn't be saved.  But of course, we will all see at the end of times.  What do I have to lose?  Better safe than sorry.  Caitlin, don't bother with these people.

You're calling him ignorant? You're the one who believes in a magical man in the sky, is racist, homophobic and hates other religions for no reason. Also, why are you telling her not to bother with us when you were the one who came in here and started trolling and saying utterly nonsensical things. You are the type of people who piss me off, the type who believes in something, but doesn't try to disprove the evidence against them. You are literally the most ignorant person I have met. Seriously I have no problem with religion if it makes you do good things, like donating to charity, but using religion as a excuse to be homophobic and racist? You disgust me.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:14pm

caiteyd13

caiteyd13

41 posts

He's not saying nonsensical things and he doesn't hate other people for no reason he has reasons which your too stupid to understand.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:19pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,629 posts

He's not saying nonsensical things

In the limelight of science, he is saying completely nonsensical things.
In the limelight of faith (and nothing more), then he is fine.

The issue here, is that he is in an evolution thread trying to discredit evolution. Thus, he is saying what he is in the limelight of science..making his words nonsensical.

Oh, and if you are referring to Kasic's comment (if you are, try quoting next time), then maybe you should have read Kasic's comment, as he points out how nonsensical that paragraph was.

and he doesn't hate other people for no reason he has reasons

Black people
Jewish people
People of science
etc.

your too stupid to understand.

*you're
;)

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:34pm

caiteyd13

caiteyd13

41 posts

So is correcting peoples spelling your last resort now because you don't seem to have any other arguments

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:36pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,629 posts

So is correcting peoples spelling your last resort now because you don't seem to have any other arguments

I'm guessing you just completely ignored my entire previous message then?

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:40pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,033 posts

Knight

I pretty much understand his reasons. He thinks we're attacking him systematically. He thinks everything he says is right because he read it in a book that says bats are birds.

We are just answering his posts, showing him evidence, try to argue. What do both of you do? You effectively ignore anything that does not go according to your book, break discussion, resort to insults and ridiculising everyone else.

You want to convince us? Try discussing reasonably. Use sound arguments, take things into consideration before calling it crap, actually do some reading up and inform yourself of the progresses of science; only when you understand what we're talking about you will be able to reasonably argue against it.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:41pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,241 posts

I'm speechless right now, I really am.  Did you really just ignore everything else pang said in his post, except the correction?

which your too stupid to understand.

Oh the irony, you used the wrong you're smart one. Now tell me those reasons, and they have to be legitimate reasons. Not "My dusty old stupid book told me too.".

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:56pm

caiteyd13

caiteyd13

41 posts

The bible isn't a dusty old  stupid book. And funny because you're in all of his threads trying to discredit what he's talking about. I'm done commenting on this stupid thread him and I both know we're right so I don't even know why we care about your opinions.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:58pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

weren't around way back when, then I can only argue, for it's unreal

the same applies to jesus, noha, mozes, adem, eve, apostle paul, david, goliath and just think about any other character or happening in the bible.

he has reasons which your too stupid to understand.

he only reasons whit his own believe. he is ignored/scared towards new information that in some way might hurt his existing believe.

is that the only part of his comment that you are able to reply on?