ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

404 104689
Ferret
Ferret
9,290 posts

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 404 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

Wii U. Better exclusives, much cheaper, Nintendo. Case closed.

And yet a massive lack of third party games. Smash Bros, Zelda, and a bunch of repetitions of the same game can't make up for all of the third party games skipping the console due to its weakness.

Honestly, you cant say that the playstation 4 is better than the Xbox one.

Honestly you can. PS4 OS is much smoother and faster than the Xbox One's. Also it has better exclusives.

ah603
ah603
1 posts

x-box one

iRyusa
iRyusa
1 posts

Wii u!

interbar77
interbar77
1 posts

x-box one +

danwar123
danwar123
2,925 posts

#WiiU

a bunch of repetitions of the same game

Give me a good example.

due to its weakness

Touchscreen!
Built-in TV remote usable even when powered down!
Not one but TWO circle pads!
Ability to make your own character usable through ALL wiiu games!
How in the world is it "Weak"???

Burrrrn.
d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

Not one but TWO circle pads!

Ah yes, just like every other console.
Touchscreen is a gimmick.

How in the world is it "Weak"???

In the literal sense. It is weak. It is under powered. The hardware is trash. Last-gen storage. Only 2gb RAM, really just about any part of it is awful.

The awful hardware creates another massive flaw with the Wii U which is no third party wants to make games for it.

Even Ubisoft started to drop their support. No Far Cry 4, no AC Unity. Every other third party already avoids the Wii U like a plague. No Destiny, no Witcher 3, no Dragon Age. Really just about every single third party game.

All the Wii U has going for it are new installments of similar games that have countless sequels like Mario Kart and Smash.

Zuko123
Zuko123
2 posts

PlayStation 4, of course.

danwar123
danwar123
2,925 posts

Touchscreen is a gimmick.

I disagree.

new installments of similar games that have countless sequels like Mario Kart and Smash

Is that a bad thing?

In the literal sense. It is weak. It is under powered. The hardware is trash. Last-gen storage. Only 2gb RAM, really just about any part of it is awful.

This is why we buy SD cards.Cheap and good for data.

Even the Wii U ITSELF is cheap.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,235 posts

I pick Wii U. Why? Because my parents are strict on what I play. I cannot play M rated games, nor games with blood(but they let me watch horror movies because why?). So seeing as a majority of the big hit games for PS4 and XboxOne are M ratings, I go to the Wii U. They have games that everyone knows and loves, and I get my money worth in usage.

So yeah, I'm pretty much basing this on parenting choices. Although, once I move out (or when I'm old enough for my parents to decide when I can play M rated games) that could change. Just not anytime soon.

d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

This is why we buy SD cards.Cheap and good for data.

All the SD cards in the world won't make the Wii U more capable of handling demanding games.

Is that a bad thing?

Yes it is. Lack of innovation and lack of third party support is a huge problem. If Nintendo doesn't have third party support and doesn't produce new IPs, then all that is left is the same iterations of previous games with fancier graphics. You might as well just stay on a Gamecube.

InfinitySnaps
InfinitySnaps
40 posts

I vote PS4.

09philj
09philj
2,878 posts

All the SD cards in the world won't make the Wii U more capable of handling demanding games.

Bayonetta 2 runs at consistent 60fps. What more do you want? It's not like super high quality graphics matter or anything.

d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

Bayonetta 2 runs at consistent 60fps.

First of all, the game runs at 60fps infrequently

What more do you want?

Second, I want a console that can run modern third party games and can run future games. Which Wii U can't do due to weak hardware. It's not about great graphics, its about being able to run games.
09philj
09philj
2,878 posts

Second, I want a console that can run modern third party games and can run future games. Which Wii U can't do due to weak hardware. It's not about great graphics, its about being able to run games.

Yeah, because the XBox and PS have so many great games at the moment, which totally aren't ridden with framerate issues and bugs. In any case, if I wanted a machine for playing graphically intense games, I'd be saving to buy/build a gaming PC, not a console. As it is, I'm perfectly happy with my 360 and 2DS.

d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

Yeah, because the XBox and PS have so many great games at the moment

Yeah, because they do. GTA5, Metal Gear Solid V, Dark Souls II, Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, etc., etc.

In this day and age, just about every game is "graphically intense", and obviously not all people want to play on a PC.

Showing 361-375 of 404