ForumsGamesPs4 working on old Tv?

10 11669
psychoman200
psychoman200
62 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone the ps4 is coming and there 1 thing that i would like to know.
Will the ps4 work on my old Tv ( 10 year old, yep its old)?
Thx for the anwser.

• 10 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I could very well be wrong, but no. If I recall correctly it only has an HDMI port as far as TV hookups go. Sorry.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Well, until recently, I was playing my 360 on a TV that was at least 7 years old and I didn't have any problems. But the PS4 and 360 are totally different, so I can't really answer that. But if you can't afford a new TV and the PS4, you could always sell one of your friend's old 360 games (with their permission).

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Depends on what ports you tv has and what the ps4 has if there is 2 that match then it should be fine but I can't say if it will or wont if you tv is 10 years old though I'd get a new one you can pick a decent tv/monitor up for less then £100 now a days

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

You can easily get a new TV or Monitor for really cheap. Especially if you think you have the money for a PS4.
I got my Tv for 25 bucks from a friend but I have seen them in thrift stores and Pawn Shops for easily 50-400 dollars depending on how great it is. I got a nice monitor from a thrift store for 15 dollars.
You can then get an adapter that converts a DVI into an HDMI. You just won't have sound if your monitor isn't capable

psychoman200
psychoman200
62 posts
Nomad

thx for your help guys

ControllerX
ControllerX
4 posts
Nomad

To be honest i would say yes, but you will have to downgrade the graphics and everything would look more like ps2/ps3 than ps4.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

To be honest i would say yes, but you will have to downgrade the graphics and everything would look more like ps2/ps3 than ps4.

It wouldn't change the graphics, it would just lose image quality. It wouldn't have as sharp as an image. Its like using a computer with an old CRT monitor and then switching to LED or Plasma the game will have better visuals and higher quality images but the graphics are the same.
psychoman200
psychoman200
62 posts
Nomad

So i could use the monitor of my computer if i understand well? Well thx for all your help guys i apresiate it

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Provided it has an HDMI hookup. Really depends on your monitor. Some hook dire tky into the monitor, others hook back into the actual hard drive. Normal CPUs probably won't have it on the monitor, gaming CPUs probably will.

But you can get a nice HD/LED tv for ~200 USD, so you might as well spend the extra money for a better experience.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Provided it has an HDMI hookup. Really depends on your monitor. Some hook dire tky into the monitor, others hook back into the actual hard drive. Normal CPUs probably won't have it on the monitor, gaming CPUs probably will.

First off a monitor and a Computer are two seperate things. Second no monitor hooks into a hard drive. That is impossible. There are Apple computers where the computer is built into the Monitor and sold as a whole but entirely different.

The best thing to do is get an HDMI to DVI changer but you will lose sound and you have to have a DVI capable monitor (White 24 pin connector). But your best bet is to just get a newer style TV
Showing 1-10 of 10