ForumsWEPRWe're eating poison

79 31425
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2013/06/17/gmo-global-alert-2yr-scientific-study-certifies-gmo-is-poison-cancer-causing/

The food companies are using pesticides that cause cancer. It's scientifically proven and it's horrible. Monsanto doesn't know what they're doing, and someone has to change it. Either shut them down, or make find a cleaner, and healthier way, to live.

• 79 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Conservatives believe that everyone has their own rights. If a company wants to run a certain way, go ahead. Conservatives just protest that these corporations make most of the food we eat. Aside form organic, there should be another way.

So from what I get, you're going to protest, but in effect, not protest to clamp down on them, but merely raise your voices and banners to show your displeasure, then go home and eat a nice organic cucumber salad? Sounds like a brilliant plan.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Conservatives believe that everyone has their own rights. If a company wants to run a certain way, go ahead. Conservatives just protest that these corporations make most of the food we eat. Aside form organic, there should be another way.

So they have the right to run their business in a way that has them making most of the food we eat? And they have the right to make that food with long term hazards to us?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

They have the right to do wjhat they want, but there shold be a distinct icon or something saying that "This food is made with GMOs." Most of the food we eat has no way of telling.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Again, just going against me cause I'm me.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Most of the food we eat has no way of telling.

Most foods have labels on them, which has a list of ingredients. There you are.

Nope. If this were anyone else, this thread would be the exact same way.
This thread is making a mountain out of the GMO molehill.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

No...not really. I already said earlier that I agree with you that consuming pesticides is a bad idea, even if I'm skeptical of the link to cancer.

This food is made with GMOs.

Go watch Mage's video. A GMO isn't bad because it's a GMO. I'm not saying they can't be bad, but they aren't bad in of themselves.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

It just so happens that there are alot of fat people in the world who eat a crapload.

well thats just a entire different topic then what your OP is about.

If a company wants to run a certain way, go ahead.

whitout regulation you'll end up in chaos.

nope, anyone that has such ideas as yours is treated like this here. this forum somehow has a high intellectual lvl. but most flee after the 2nd or 3rd encounter whit logic thinking. it's admirable how you seem to stick around and even got a step in the right direction. like freakenstein pointed out.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

They have the right to do wjhat they want,

So you're saying they have the right to feed us poison and do it in a way that many have no real other choices but to eat that poison?

but there shold be a distinct icon or something saying that "This food is made with GMOs." Most of the food we eat has no way of telling.

1. It really wouldn't matter if it was labeled or not if the choices are eat it or go hungry because the food without it is beyond a persons ability to pay for.

2. As noted just because it's a GMO doesn't automatically make it dangerous. This has been the one point I've been trying to get across this whole time and you have failed to get it apparently.

3. I actually agree with you, products using GMOs should be labeled. Though that labeling would need to do more than just say the food is made with GMO products for reasons in #2.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If you choose to think so, there's nothing we can do to stop you.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

It brings a tear to my eye when I see someone previously-deadlocked in their way of thinking to finally looking at things in an Evolutionary perspective. It's like we're actually doing something good around here!

Just because i don't believe in a lot of anti-religious theories, it doesn't mean I don't believe any science. I love Chemistry and Biology, it's very interesting. And what I said is common sense.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Just because i don't believe in a lot of anti-religious theories, it doesn't mean I don't believe any science

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-M3HcHNZJ5eA/UWmempHUXaI/AAAAAAAAB4U/syu6uy19z9Q/s320/neil_degrasse_tyson_quote.jpg

I love Chemistry and Biology, it's very interesting

Dawkins on Kurt Wise, an American geologist
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Just because i don't believe in a lot of anti-religious theories, it doesn't mean I don't believe any science

The Big Bang Theory, Abiogenesis, and Evolution are not "anti-religious." You'd probably get away with calling them irreligious, as they don't give a flying meatball whether religion is affected by what they say, but it's not like they're "out to disprove religion." Want to know why it seems that way? Because religion is total bs and learning more and more that what "holy scripture" says is true is just backwater barbarian thinking makes it look silly to believe in it, and even people who believe this backwater barbarian bunk recognize that these theories make their faith look ridiculous.

We're off topic, though.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Wise found out how much more logical religion was. But of course, yo don't have to be atheist to believe that frogs are amphibians, or iron is a mineral. There's a difference between earthly science and the crazy theories they think of which has thoughts and assumptions as proof, rather than solid proof.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wise found out how much more logical religion was.

His statement that 'even if all the evidence pointed to Old Earth, [he] would still believe in Young Earth' is the epitome of illogical.

There's a difference between earthly science and the crazy theories they think of which has thoughts and assumptions as proof, rather than solid proof.

I assume you think evolution, abiogenesis, etc. to be the thoughts and assumptions? Because if so...I do love satire
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I assume you think evolution, abiogenesis, etc. to be the thoughts and assumptions? Because if so...I do love satire
Well, some illustrations and documents aren't enough to make me believe something against my religion.

Showing 16-30 of 79