Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Pain

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 9:06pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

4,817 posts

Physical: I took an arrow to my knee... No, but in fact it was my knee.
When i was a teenager i ride a bike down a winding bridge... fast, at the base the bridge hit a narrow right-bending way, just out of sight it was covered with loose chippings. So i wasnt able to make a save turn, loose control and fell at full speed, somehow i lost my bike and slide straight into a wooden pole, which i hit with my right knee... pure agonizing pain:
Luckily i had to suffer this for a very short time, cuz i fall in a faint very quickly.
A friend follows me down the bridge... slowly, he called the medics and they bring me to the hospital, i woke up in the hospital... bathing in painkillers.
And i was very lucky, my kneecap was intact, it was "only" a heavy bruise, besides that i had some abraisons. I needed roundabout 2 month to recover from that.

Emotional: No comment

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 9:35pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

Physical? Oh, I don't know. Lots of things. Last spring break I was solo backpacking on the AT and I hurt my knee pretty bad. I had to hike another 2.5 days (about 45 miles) on it... (and me without pain pills!) After I got back/was rescued I could barely move around for weeks.

Emotional? You know how it is. Oddly enough it involved the person who rescued me from my hiking incident. Such is life!

Reply to Pain

You must be logged in to post a reply!