ForumsThe TavernPain

20 5890
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Pain is familiar to all of us. We've expeienced all kinds of pain, like physical or emotional pain. We've all felt it, we've all had our greatest pain, we've all told stories about our pain(or not). And now its time to share that with the ArmorGames community.

tl;dr: Tell about your pain.

One day in the third grade, I was sleeping in bed. My cat jumped up with me into bed, so I picked him up and set him down on my face and I kept doing it. Finally my cat got sick of it and scratched my eye with its back claw. It hurt so bad and it was bleeding, my eye sight was fine but I had a scar over my eye for the next month.

Emotional pain... I'll have to come back to that one.

• 20 Replies
NoLifeNerds
NoLifeNerds
21 posts
Nomad

I guess I'll share a story

I like to skate a'lot, so one day I was at a skate park with some friends. We were all having fun dropping down the half pipes and this little bowl, doing kick flips and stuff. Then, after a while, we decided to drop down the big bowl. We've done so a million times before, so no worries. My friends all did their turn dropping down and ridding around the bowl, then it was my turn. I had my board at the edge and pressed down so I could start riding. From what I remember(I blacked out for a bit), someone told me that my wheel came loose and tripped my board up. My knee popped out a bit and was close to shattering, plus some cuts and bruises, so I went to the ER and they popped it back into place and took care of my knee. I still have a bump where my knee is.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Ah, yes... God ol' pain.
Physical pain is the only pain my nervous system has encountered. The most. And it's the most painful. One of the worst cases of pain I've encountered when I had a pretty strong cough, so strong that both my neck and stomach could feel pain. Most commonly, I encounter pain because of my clumsyness, if something falls to the ground and I go pick it up and head back where I was, my head rams to the edge of the table. Or when a ball hits me in the face or the groind. Painful...

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup ran with a knife once. Once. Once was all it took was to trip, fall, and stab himself in the thigh....

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Killersup ran with a knife once. Once. Once was all it took was to trip, fall, and stab himself in the thigh....

Parents don't say: "Don't run with scissors" for no reason.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Parents don't say: "Don't run with scissors" for no reason.

PPPPfffffttttt, parents? Who has parents these days?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

we've all told stories about our pain(or not). And now its time to share that with the ArmorGames community

hmmmmm. no, not the business of anyone here.

alright, alright. my father drove his car slowly over my foot when i was a kid. unintended of course
(cars back then were a few tons. not that light stuff of today)
it didn't break but i couldn't stand on it for 2 weeks.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I think pain is pretty easy to hold in I don't remember the last time I cried in pain

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Let's see...

There was that time when I was a youngin that I biked down majorly inclined rode my aunt's old house was on...of course, lil me with me lack of two wheeled bike knowledge...I ended up not turning when the turn came and ran into a small brick wall (garden decoration) someone had in place of a fence, and flew off the bike into the tree somewhere 10 feet away.

Then there was the time I got my left hand smashed by a sliding car door, causing it to be stuck in it for about 10-20 minutes.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Physical: 6th grade. Worst year of my life for many reasons. My teacher was late unlocking the door where our backpacks were so we had to sprint to not be late for our next class. My shoelace had a knot in it and while running I tripped and fell face first into the sidewalk. Chipped both of my front teeth.

Emotional: Having a plan to ask a girl out just to learn that I would be moving halfway across the country.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Worst physical pain I suffered... That would probably be when I threw my back out trying to punt a football. I was fine when I went to bed (only very slight pain) but I woke up in the same position I went to sleep, and was stuck there for about 40 minutes (late for school on top of that.) I couldn't even sit up. I had to roll off the bed flat on my fact just so I could crawl to the bathroom. You don't know pain until you've experienced that.

Worst emotional pain... Probably when the girl of my dreams moved away right when I was about to ask her out (nearly the same as Daleks. Such a coincidence.) I was 6yo at the time. Pretty much ruined my life 'til the next girl came along.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Physical pain... The rheumatoid arthritis I have. The first full blown onset of it was probably the worst, effecting my wrists, fingers, shoulders and feet. I was unable to really use my hands and could barely walk for several weeks.

Emotional... When my mom died, my best friend ditched me, my grandfather died and my father died all within a three year period.

More emotional... When my girlfriend in high school died of cancer.

Even more emotional... When a friend of mine in 1st grade drown on the way to school because of a heavy rain and his mother being drugged up so much she couldn't figure out how to operate the seat belt.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n97/amberdesilet/dinosaur.jpg

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Physical is I slipped while skiing on ice, then fell onto my knees and slid for about 30 feet on the ice (which apparently was quite bumpy) cause the that wasn't the worst pain, the worst was I still had my skis attached after that and I had to get up to finish the mountain, but in order to get up I had to put all my pressure on one sore part of my body. That was the only time I discovered my pain tolerance because it took about 10 minutes for my body to not just collapse from the pain of putting pressure on that point.

Emotional I guess when I was little and I had to spend time with a drunk guy.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

I don't know what kind people want to talk about pain, that doesn't sound appealing to me...

But since I'm here the worst way to hurt a man is to make him watch all his family die...

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Holy crap, Mage. That sounds absolutely hellish. Condolences.

Physical pain: A few months ago I was debating with someone about something very dear to me, and I decided to leave. I left the place and went for a walk. After roughly twenty minutes, the sky had drastically darkened and I hadn't anywhere to go in case there was rain. Of course, it started to rain, and I was already pretty steamed from earlier, so I took off running. I found a tree to take shelter in and I checked to see if my phone was alright. Of course, the battery was screwed because of the incredible amount of rain it had suffered. Lastly, the tornado sirens went off, and I collapsed to the ground with an absolutely unbearable pain in my chest. My parents, who'd been looking for me, finally drove up and called the ambulance. Next thing I knew I was in a hospital room listening to the doctor tell me I had a heart attack. I spent the next few weeks going through rehab that involved exercising until I collapsed, having tubes sticking out of me that felt like knives, and taking dozens of pills everyday. The weeks blurred and all I can remember is feeling constant pain and displeasure.

Emotional pain: Probably almost dying. See previous story, you yutz.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I mentioned it in another thread.
I was trying to do a 360* with my bike and I hit the side of my knee on my handle bar.
The pain was so bad that I jumped off my bike and realized I couldn't stand on my right leg. All of a sudden, everything became black and I saw some light bugs buzzing around me. I stayed on the ground for 15 minutes before I could move my leg again.
I think it was more painful than when I broke my wrist while playing soccer, It was painful but the worst part was when my legs became weak and I broke into a cold sweat. I had to wait 13 hours in the emergency room and 1 hour in the doc's room waiting for my cast, I fell asleep.

Showing 1-15 of 20