I am currently working on a Platform game, and will be publishing probably in the next few months! For now, stay tuned for previews every once in a while of the game. Make sure to report any bugs you find!
ETA of next preview: July 3rd or 4th
- 38 Replies
Finally Bob lives up to his promise.
As soon as I can get onto the comp with the files I will upload the preview, which will probs be around 1:30 pm
The game needs #swag.
Yes, this post is useless.
Yes, I know you love me.
Yes, I'm mocking swag. Because screw swag.
You haven't even seen it yet...
Controls: Arrow keys to move, space to jump.
Its good so far, are you adding anything to it?
Yes it is a very early version there's gonna be a lot more.
bob you clearly need graphics, i can prepare a set of vector goodies for you if you want
1) jump under a bat and you will be stuck into an infinite loop of health decreasing until you vanish.
2) you can get negative hp bar by doing that ^
3) you can perform wall-jump on bats.
4) when you die by using method from 1) you just become invisible , but can still move around play and collect points. Not mentioning you are indestructible. You also gain some weird supepowers such as staying in the air (i am guessing the physics engine gets different values for gravity and such upon dying).
5) You can do the "angry dance" by holding down and space.
6) when the game loads you can see the secret green grass bonus zone?
7) My favourite: Hold both left and right to LEVITATE!!! wooohooo! XD
8) Pants not fancy enought!
-upon doing the "hold both left and right" trick on a certain hill, i started doing a front flip, then flash player freezed along with the game
-i disabled the script, then green panty was caught inside the hill doing
an infinite moonwalk
That's all until now, i'll try to exploit the game more to make more bugs come out :P
Another interesting bug i spotted:
Upon refreshing (after several freeze sessions XD) the player spawns at (0,0) coordinates, and you fall into a white void. All you can do after that is refresh.
Features to implement:
-sound and dificulty controls
-more enemy interaction
-achevements and/or collectibles
-character customization mini shop?
-play using WASD keys too
-level select pannel
-secrets and bonuses
Holy sisters of pie!!! For one user! That is very good! When is the game gonna be finished? PLZ TELL ME!!!
Thanks Jeff, probably 6 months, idk. I want to spend a long time on it.
And raon, thanks for all the reports, and yeah his pants aren't fancy enough
Plus I think I'll take you up on that offer for making graphics
Basically what I need is a player like the one I got now but looks better... Ex: sorta more puffy pants, like the fancy pants game.
Level designs, (level and BG in different documents, please!)
I'll give more details on how the levels could look later.
Anyways don't want to give you a whole lot to do in 1 post lol so for now that's it! Thanks raon
Oh and if anyone knows how or knows a tut on how to make those crazy upside down loops from fancy pants (action script 2 ) a link would be appreciated.
Next preview will be today or tomorrow, which will be introducing the ability to attack with the A key, and possibly ground enemies.
Here's the new preview:
* Hold A to attack.
* Run and hold down to slide.
* Added a fade in.
* A beach ball to kick around for fun
* Fixed glitch when holding left and right on a hill you rotate endlessly.
* General fixes to going up hills.
* Fixed crashing glitch.
* Fixed seeing collisions (green and blue stuff on the screen) while game loading.
* Ground pound.
Stay tuned for more previews!
You must be logged in to post a reply!