ForumsPopular MediaRight now I'm listening to...

7306 1648992
thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

Ok, in this thread you simply post whatever bands, songs, or playlists you've been listening to recently. I don't believe this is a duplicate thread but I'm sorry if it is. One rule though- don't be a music snob/ elitist. A bit of debate is fine, but don't bully anyone out of the thread. If we're all respectful and open-minded, this is a great way to share music and maybe try something new.

The past few days I've been listening to a few songs by Wintersleep: "Nothing is Anything (Without You)" , "Weighty Ghost", and "Laser Beams." Aside from those, I haven't had much of a craving for anything in particular in the past few days and I've been using shuffle on my iPod.

• 7,306 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Some fun stuff passing along. Keep it coming

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps PartyDevil, is this Laladieladada's channel yours, by any chance? There's some nice & eclectic mixes there.

This Orest Lyuty (ÐÑеÑÑ ÐÑÑиÐ&sup1 is pretty good (apparently from a formation called Lahidna Ukrainizatsia/Tender Ukrainianization), somewhat reminds me of Sergey Shnurov, or perhaps Leonid Soybelman or Alec Kopyt.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

ps PartyDevil, is this Laladieladada's channel yours, by any chance?

did my profile picture give it away? =P

There's some nice & eclectic mixes there.

thx ^^ i'm glad you like it =D
i have a weakness for the unordinary =) and when the unordinary is preformed well then i like it even more. you will find all kinds of stuff in my playlist and i'm still adding to it almost daily sub if you like =)

This Orest Lyuty (ÐÑеÑÑ ÐÑÑиÐ&sup1 is pretty good (apparently from a formation called Lahidna Ukrainizatsia/Tender Ukrainianization), somewhat reminds me of Sergey Shnurov, or perhaps Leonid Soybelman or Alec Kopyt.

he has a great voice and is good in making a certain mood in his songs ^^ i love it.
thx for the other names. i'll check them out later. ^^ if anyone has any more suggestions... i always like to get to know some new music. ^^
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=partydevil]thx ^^ i'm glad you like it =D[/quote]

It's cool. Bookmarked, and keep it coming

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps

thx for the other names. i'll check them out later. ^^

For Soybelman, check out also the (great) band Ne Zhdali; he and Kopyt later collaborated on the project Poza. Alec Kopyt himself is today a member of the Amsterdam Klezmer Band, pretty good in their own right. See them live if you get a chance.

Another band that sprang to mind here would be La Minor (St. Petersburg, and/or Odessa?)

I found an interview with this Orest Lyuty (Antin Mukharsky, or is that really Anton?) here; not sure what to make of his pro-Ukrainian stance along the spectrum of just affirmation of local and oppressed culture-iffy modern Russian nationalisms, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now. Anyone playing that kind of music can't be wrong, you'd think (but, indeed and alas, can never be sure. He/they does seem to fit right in with those others, however, which I know to be, well, on the right side of the fence so to speak. Certainly my side.)

Cheers.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

That Astaire mix you just put up, no, PartyDevil? Great stuff again.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Anyone playing that kind of music can't be wrong, you'd think

The Easter Rising 1916

the IRA makes beautiful music. but dont get on their bad side

The Wolfe Tones - Come Out Ye Black And Tans
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Alabama - Song of the South :3

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Death Curse - Today is the Day.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

My sister's really....interesting viola playing.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=MacII]MusicIndiaOnline[/quote]

I might have noted I was at that time more specifically listening to their bhangra "radio" section. It has a lot to offer for all tastes, though.

Had the good pleasure of seeing these folks live the other day, María Juncal & company (Alfonso Losa, Stefano Domit, Ricardo Moro, Basilio Garcìa, Yago Santos, Antonio Campos, Juan Carrasco, Manuel Carrasco). Amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veswUKSXkdc&list=PLfzqEMDBv_PuGqyPRi_3ClYEGgVGr8p6U .

Showing 31-45 of 7306