ForumsWEPRGovernments!

49 9679
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

What type of government do you prefer? Democratric republic. Theocracy. Despotism. Anarchism (lol)

• 49 Replies
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

It is only bad if the people deciding are stupid. The downside to a monarchy is that nothing can check the power of the monarch. A monarch's rule is too absolute.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

america is a representative-republic, not a democratic-republic.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I believe Wally is right. This isn't a democracy we have going on here.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Hobbes argues that even a despotic monarch is better than democracy = anarchy.
Of course Hobbes present a false dichotomy - obviously democracy and monarchy are not the only 2 forms of government. The republic is certainly a novel idea and while it might not be the best possible form of government, I think it is the best we have developed.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Yes, I have found only one thing wrong with it so far. Dumb people want power. Smart people want the best decitons made. Too bad the smart people realize it is not worth it to be in power.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Pfft. What are you talking about? I am still trying to form my new world order. First I will take over the US via guerilla warfare...then it is all downhill from there. Take it over and make a nice, calm and effecient dictatorship. I will be a nice dictator, I promise.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

*Something tells me I should't trust you*
OH! Did you hear that? Sorry. What I meant to say is, "Can I be your right hand man?"

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Yeah, that is why it kinda got put on the back burner. I might be able to send some missionaries over to China an try and convert them. Breakfast is a universal language people from all religions and background can understand.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

China couldn't. The only country that could is Japan. Look at them.
Can we go back to the topic though. I think I am going to regret doing this, as you will undoubtedly find a way to make this seem ridiculous, but here is my last post:
Yes, I have found only one thing wrong with it so far. Dumb people want power. Smart people want the best decitons made. Too bad the smart people realize it is not worth it to be in power.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

If you want to take over the U.S. then you'd better hurry up before China does it. I mean, as a fellow Breakfastarian I'd follow you to the pits of Hell (if it existed) but I just don't think we have the manpower to do it yet.
Plus I'm just really swamped right now with all the making and eating of pancakes.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Errm... k.

I guess i'll try to steer this topic back to start. I believe in communist ideals; I can't trust democracy and people to take care of themselves. I would take control of most aspects in society to make sure everybody has an equal chance of happiness.

(Also, I appreciate ideals of Hobbes.)

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Isn't that america. You can make money in this country faster than any other, if you work. If you don't, you're poor. Simple.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Thats what I would try to prevent. I would control how a person lives, and how their personalities are shaped. This should stop any slackers from forming.

Capitalism sucks. (cough*)

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Back to Big brother. Would you want to be winston. See, you don't want to be on the receiving end, do you?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Oh. That story.

I couldn't care less if the ruler made me think that way. You also can't be sure if a person like Winston could be made in a controlled enviroment.

Showing 16-30 of 49