ForumsThe TavernDreams

37 6637
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I just now though of this, and it sounded interesting and I can't figure it out. I know there are many people that are intelligent on AG.

So let's get straight to it. Dreams. You generate them. But you can't control them. They make no sense, and yet, in your mind, they make sense. You tell a dream to someone else and they think you're crazy. Some dreams actually come true. I'm so perplexed, and I need posts. Tell me what you think.

• 37 Replies
runeman153
runeman153
107 posts
Nomad

also i hate those dreams where my legs is getting numb but in my dream an alligator is biting off my leg and i awake and i cannot feel my legs. lol

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

I dont know why but in almost all my dreams i kill people but right before i wake up i get shot, fall off a cliff, stabbed, car accident etc. Why are my dreams like that can anyone tell me? (all my dreams arent like that but i usually dont remember the others)

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Well everyone is baffeled because some people have dreams were they can see the future and it has happened to me before and i dont now how but i think at night you use most of your brain.

th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

When it comes down to controlling your dreams, I have done this before. I used to have this dream that these immense dnetures chased em around my house. (My uncle is a dentist, and I HATED the dentist) I would always go downstairs, and then open up the freezer and the dentures would fly out. One day I REALLLY TRIED TO NOT OPEN THE FREEZER, and I didnt, i just woke up, without opening the freezer. YAY ME!

Prim
Prim
43 posts
Nomad

However, people like me have no control with what's happening in the dream so I can't go back and kill the person on the Jeep or something. I can only watch

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

@Turret

Many people's dreams come true. Most of the time it is a small thing, like getting a PSP or another non-important thing. But when something really big happens in their dreams in real-life, Those people have jobs that include fortune telling, palm reading, ect. Some people daydream and some people's daydreams come true. (A.K.A. "Visions.) Those people end up more famous because they can do it when people aren't asleep.

@Prim

Well, some people would feel a sense of fear in thei sleep and something would happen that would harm the Jeep driver. But some people while their unconscious can't control emotions. :-(

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

hey what about De Ja Vu? to me, this happens in dreams all he time, but i forget them when i wake up, then that dream happens to me and i remember it. i know this is said to just be tricks our mind is playing on us, but there have been several instinces where i recognize a setting, realize it was in a previous dream, and actually predict what is about to happen!

ie: i once knew a blonde man in a white button-down shirt would walk past a window before it happened. i was in a restaurant and suddenly everything seemed familiar. in a split second i instantly remembered a lost dream of mine, and locked my eyes on the window over my sister's shoulder, knowing that he would walk by. i was seriously creeped :O

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Really, If you fall asleep thinking about something, you dream about that and have control over it.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

what i really dont get is how my mind comes up with so much detail! i mean, i've had dreams looking out onto landscapes and my mind somehow creates every single leaf or drop of rain or whatever. clothes, animals, entire neighborhoods, everything! my guess is that it's just my subconcious re-creating scenes i've seen in real life and then just jumbling it all together to get 1 crazy dream. what i don't get is how my subconcious remembers everything, when i can't even remember whats on a history test XD

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

ever consider the theory that someone could be controlling your dreams

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

How could someone be controlling your dreams? That's pretty much physically impossible, unless someone is beside you whispering "House to left... Block of cheese 50 degrees south..." Which would still wake you up. Sorry, but that is obe crazy theory! =P

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

i wish i was haveing a dream about cheese........but people were saying r dreams relate to things that have happened to us well the dream i had last night was my fighting oprah winfrey how do u explain that

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

It could mean you are fighting with your emotions, helping people, or an old black woman.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well....................i never thought about it being my emotions..........but if it is oprah must have been my hunger emotion cause boy can she eat

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

They're dumb. bo.

Showing 16-30 of 37