ForumsForum GamesThe Arena

68 13504
helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

*CRYSTAL SLEEP FADING* a voice speaks as you slowly regain consciousness. You hear a loud *psh* sound as you feel open are in front of you. As you fully regain full awareness you find yourself falling down with nothing to hold you up anymore. Your knees hit the ground as you get into a kneeling position.
You keep yourself up with your hands as you look around you. The end of a coat disappears around a corner of an opening and closing door. More people were falling out of doors some not as lucky as you as the fell down and face planted.
Getting up you walk forwards towards the door and the door opens up automatically. You look around, still unsure of what was going on. You see some light coming from the end of the darker hallway. Thinking it's daylight you head towards it switching to running as you heads towards it, more people running around you. You make it out of the hallway and some kind of invisible barrier which you weren't sure what it was for.
Suddenly a wall of sound hits you and you flinch as your eyes adjust. The light was from the light fixtures above you...high above you. When the bright lights grow dimmer as your eyes adjust you see a man with an even brighter light on him was pointing at us from far below. You're on a balcony with rails and an invisible wall stopping us from moving past the guard rails. The sounds were people on the sides of something like a Colosseum...but underground, they were roaring with delight and anticipation their eyes were watching us, studying us like they were picking their favorite candy from a pile of it.
The sides of the walls were made out of a shiny gold-colored metal, but a touch revealed it was not gold and it felt more rough than it looked.
"May we welcome these new people to the ARENA!" The guy in the middle yelled as the crowd roared even louder.
"ARENA! ARENA!" Some yelled. Others just screamed a jumble of words which were washed away by the people who screamed 'ARENA!'
Suddenly the balcony started dropping downwards and some of the people around you screamed. With a large boom the balcony went under the floor and into a darker room.
This place was made out of metal and armored and armed people patrolled the room, most likely guards. Some broke their patrol to separate us all and bring us somewhere. You are brought to a wing of the underground complex where multiple people glared and yelled at you from behind glass doors which held through battering from the people on the other side of the windows. Your brought into your own cell with one other person. Then your left alone...left to think about what had happened. But one thing kept popping into your mind. I have to survive. This place is an Arena. Meant for people to kill. I will kill if I need to.
(more's coming in a sec some try not to post please :P
oh and sorry for the terrible grammar and everything else that's wrong with this, I'm terrible at talking in second person. ( ^ . ^ )(\\ *embarrassed look* )

• 68 Replies
helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

Name: Bruno Devil
Appearance : About 5'10" 170 pounds and is thin but lightning quick.
Personality: He loves messing with people and is very smart
Biography: He was training in the style of kung Fu before he was abducted
Power: For some strange reason when he was born his hand could turn into anything he wanted it to unless it was something that involved throwing. Ex he could use a spear up close but he could not take it off and throw it.
(can you change how you got your power?)
Weapon of choice: bazooka
Side-Notes: I LOVE PIE

The mans burning hand stops burning as he cries out in pain. The flames die out and he falls onto the ground. His flames had burnt out as it looks as though he ran out of strength. He lays there stunned.

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

Power: For some strange reason when he was born his hand could turn into anything he wanted it to unless it was something that involved throwing. Ex he could use a spear up close but he could not take it off and throw it.

I raise my hand in the air and punch him hard in the face.

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

The man struggles underneath your fist as he was just about to get up. You feel a crack underneath your knuckle as the man faints. You won. The guards pull you away from the scene as the man is dragged away. He wasn't dead like the last loser was although he sure looked so. As your dragged back into the previous room your met with multiple scared gazes and also amazed. Some questions like, "Is he dead?" or "How did it feel?" Were asked. Whether you were going to answer or not, you're interrupted by a tv turning on which nobody noticed at the corner of the room.
"The winner of the Devil vs. Angel is...Bruno Devil! While being awarded 400 points!" The crowd outside roars. There was no more mention of Angel though. You sit down as the crowd calms down. "Next up! It's, Wulpurgisnacht vs. Our reining champ, The Angel of Hope!" The guy from before walks off leaving towards where you were brought. You wonder how he had gained such a title. You could only watch though.

(You can now choose a title! (something I thought of but forgot to mention, just come up with a title for your character for the announcers to announce when your up.)
I'll post that fight tomorrow. I hope tiki comes back...)

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

The man struggles underneath your fist as he was just about to get up. You feel a crack underneath your knuckle as the man faints. You won. The guards pull you away from the scene as the man is dragged away. He wasn't dead like the last loser was although he sure looked so. As your dragged back into the previous room your met with multiple scared gazes and also amazed. Some questions like, "Is he dead?" or "How did it feel?" Were asked. Whether you were going to answer or not, you're interrupted by a tv turning on which nobody noticed at the corner of the room.
"The winner of the Devil vs. Angel is...Bruno Devil! While being awarded 400 points!" The crowd outside roars. There was no more mention of Angel though. You sit down as the crowd calms down. "Next up! It's, Wulpurgisnacht vs. Our reining champ, The Angel of Hope!" The guy from before walks off leaving towards where you were brought. You wonder how he had gained such a title. You could only watch though.

(You can now choose a title! (something I thought of but forgot to mention, just come up with a title for your character for the announcers to announce when your up.)

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

(oops...lag)

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

Power: When he was six his father put his hand into a microwave and the radiation waves somehow turned it into a shape shifting hand that could not let go. Ex he could use a spear up close but he could not take it off and throw it.

My title is Cypher and can I wear a mask!!!

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

(erm...no. sorry...)

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

DANG, well continue

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

Hope has dark long, straight black hair that at it's longest reaches just below chin level. Light also has proportional ears although it's hard to see from the hair. Hope has a stormy gaze and bright blue eyes that sometimes seem to glow in the dark although it doesn't... Hope's bangs do sometimes cover his eyes although it never obscures his vision somehow. He has a pretty proportional face although you'll always find him with small imperfections like a scratch or bruise. Hope isn't the bulkiest of people. He's quite slim, but he isn't weak. He usually wears something ranging from a sweater to a windbreaker over his regular shirt which is usually long sleeved as well. Jeans to match his sweater or windbreaker as well. Hope is pale due to him not exposing himself much. He also spends most of the time indoors anyways. He stands at about 5' 7". He has a slightly longer lower body than most people do, (although it's not extremely long) and it's quite easy to notice.

Hope walked up to the middle of the field facing his opponent. He stood. Glaring. But he had a weird smile as though he had told a lie. "Three...2...1...start!" The announcer yells. Suddenly the man splits. He changed from 1 person to 3. To 9. They just kept multiplying. Hope stood his ground until they finished. Each and everyone of the them smiled with the same mischievous smile as the first.
They attacked.
The first came at Hope by throwing multiple punches towards the shoulder, head, knee and stomach. Hope lowered his shoulder, turned and moved away his head, lifted up his leg and kicked the last hand. The copy yelled in pain as he pulled back his hand. Hope took a step forwards and spun, bringing his foot up midway and kicked the copy. It staggered back as a barrage of kicks flew at him. The rest of the copies moved forwards after they had assessed his opponent and moved over the now fallen copy.
Hope jumped over one of the copies after dodging an attack from one of the copies attacks. He got onto the ground and standing up with his one foot and hand, he swung his leg at the copy, knocking him down. Before landing he was knocked upwards by a knee to the back. He flew up and then got knocked into the crowd of copies. Dashing forwards, he moved into the now open spot and got his back to a wall. He noticed that the fallen copies faded away and used that as an advantage. He dealt three swift hits to one of the copies in front of him, and on his final hit he kicked the its side. It flew into the other copies before fading along with some. It didn't matter, that was the front row disappearing all at once, leaving a gap in vision.
After that the copies could no longer see Hope. He had disappeared. They turned, but couldn't find him. Suddenly they saw him. Near away which had just been smashed. Hope reached his arm into the room and a light shined brightly from within. Small strands of light reached from within the room to Hope's arm and it surrounded him. Suddenly he shined brightly and when the light faded Hope stood with his body alight in fire. The man inside that room had just passed out again, he was an attempt of being like Hope, Angel. The flames traveled to Hope's hands and he punched the new oncoming enemy. It burst into flames and faded after a single hit. Some flames traveled to Hope's legs and he kicked in an arc at the nearest enemy who met the same fate as the last person.
Suddenly the flames gathered together and formed two sharp, flaming objects. He used them like swords though.
Hope dashed forwards and mopped up the rest of the copies, leaving the last one...the real one on the ground, out of breath with a sword to his throat. (I didn't wanna write anymore. :'(. I love writing these kinds of scenes but I want to get to the point of this.)
"And that's the end of this one folks!" An announcer yells as the crowd roars in delight. "Our reining champ wins again! The Angel of Hope wins once again! I sorta feel bad for his fan kid. His powers were stolen... but still a great finish."
"But we've never seen this power used by him though. He's never stolen powers before. Also how's the higher-ups going to react to this?" A faded voice said through the microphone unknowingly.
Hope's swords faded as he walked back to the room. Some oohs and ahhs rang throughout, but some of the people backed off in fear. They still didn't know about their powers yet. They were still comprehending it. But it was still going to get worse.

"HOPE! Come with me." A guard said.

What will you do? Follow?

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

(Hope wherever I accidentally put Light.

Tiki, your in I guess... ^.^)

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

I follow

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

You follow all the way until they enter a room. You wait for a bit before opening the door a little to peer in. You try to listen in on the conversation while you wait, but you can't hear anything. You open the door a little just in time to hear a loud slap. A guard had just slapped Hope. You could only see the guard though and not Hope.
"Your powers aren't natural! Tell me how you cheated!" The guard yelled.
"..." He said nothing
She took out a knife and lunged toward him, pushing him back. You could now see them through a mirror on the right wall. Suddenly a guard grabs you from behind.
"What are you doing!?" He yelled at you. He picked you up and started opening the door.

(what do you do?)

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

I knee him in the nuts

helper08
helper08
182 posts
Peasant

You're met with a hand that grabs your knee. He's now holding onto your shirt with one hand. He brings you into the room. "Look who I found spying on the room!" He laughs. "He even tried to knee me in the nuts!" He mocks you, gesturing to your knee with his head, still in his hands.
"Set him down there. Keep an eye on him. And he can watch this blade..." She flicks upwards her knife. Then throws another knife which flies right by your head. Your dropped into a corner and then the guard picks up the knife, keeping an eye on you. Your door, your only escape, closes.

What do you do?

Showing 46-60 of 68