ForumsSupport Forum[Official] The AG security breach

77 44611
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys, I was wondering what exactly happened with the security breach that happened this afternoon and how this will affect us as AG users. Any help would be appreciated. :-)

• 77 Replies
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

On a more positive note:

It turned out my account was linked to a hotmail (yeah I'm old..) address that I made in middle school and had not accessed in probs 7 years. But I still remembered the password, somehow.

In my inbox there was a message from paypal, saying that I had an account that I had not accessed for almost 3 years, and would be deleted next week unless I logged in.

I logged in and it turns out I had 30 bucks! So the security breach made me 30 dollars richer in a roundabout sort of way.

er_nani
er_nani
1 posts
Nomad

Hello

A day ago I tried to enter in the-last-stand-dead-zone-game , and forced me to reset password when got to do something and enter the game, I find the account and reset, from level 1, could someone fix this problem, I had a level 27. Thanks. NaNi

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I've responded to you er_nani, I suspect your using another account for Dead Zone as you have a couple.

wdr4
wdr4
1 posts
Nomad

MY STUPID STRIKE FORCE HEROS 2 PROGRESS GOT COMPLETELY WIPED. WHO EVER DID THIS BETTER PAY.

gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

This is kinda cool because this is the tread that I started and ferret decided that it was good enough to pin.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

MY STUPID STRIKE FORCE HEROS 2 PROGRESS GOT COMPLETELY WIPED. WHO EVER DID THIS BETTER PAY.

From the How do I make myself welcome among a bunch of strangers dept.?

Welcome, and take it easy, I'm sure your troubles can and will be addressed
gamermartin
gamermartin
276 posts
Farmer

I don't have access to the email for this account (I forgot it) and I never log out, I didn't know this happened until I was logged out and it said that I should change my password due to a breach.
I didn't know until today :0 and how can I change my email to my current one for my account?

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

how can I change my email to my current one for my account?

There appears (as expected) to be an option to do so, under >[YourUsername] >Edit Profile.
gamermartin
gamermartin
276 posts
Farmer

Thanks, I didn't notice that, but now the problem is that is says my current email is already in use. I can't update my email to my current one.

ntj123gamer
ntj123gamer
1 posts
Nomad

[I] I don't know what happened but it made me change my password

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

You should be able to log into Armor Games normally. Then you can change your e-mail/password. If anybody is still having issues, E-mail me at Ferret@ArmorGames.com.

desk3745
desk3745
1 posts
Nomad

Do you think it was the JTR program?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I just received a very disturbing message:

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account -

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Could you post those details? (Sans any personal ones.)

I don't think it has to be related. Nor am I sure if it is that disturbing; people (/bots) can of course try and access your account, that's what the password is for. Moreover, Google's safeguards kicked in.

But I don't know about e.g. this application angle. Maybe those details will reveal it.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps

[quote=ivanxxxxxxx] You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.[/quote]

To reset it would in any case seem like sound advice.

NOTE, HOWEVER: If some link to follow to reset the password is provided, it could of course be a phishing attempt instead, the message not originating with Google at all, no matter if it does look that way. I've no idea really if this is the way they communicate with customers.

If you want to reset your password, I'd suggest visiting the appropriate pages yourself. Not following any hyperlink to get there.

And again: I think you receiving this now most likely would be pure coincidence, not at all related to this occurrence at ArmorGames.

Showing 61-75 of 77