Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

[Official] The AG security breach

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 7:55am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

how can I change my email to my current one for my account?

There appears (as expected) to be an option to do so, under >[YourUsername] >Edit Profile.

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 12:07pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

190 posts

Thanks, I didn't notice that, but now the problem is that is says my current email is already in use. I can't update my email to my current one.

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 3:36pm

ntj123gamer

ntj123gamer

1 post

[I] I don't know what happened but it made me change my password

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 7:00pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,872 posts

Administrator

You should be able to log into Armor Games normally.  Then you can change your e-mail/password.  If anybody is still having issues, E-mail me at Ferret@ArmorGames.com.

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 9:25pm

desk3745

desk3745

1 post

Do you think it was the JTR program?

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 10:21pm

Dadragon6

Dadragon6

1 post

I really do not know what happened to Armor Games in this security breach. Altough, when i was going to log in, it comes saying to me reset my password because of the security breach. Well, i reseted it, but i REALLY do not know what was that "security breach".

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 3:39am

ivanxxxxxxx

ivanxxxxxxx

1,056 posts

Knight

I just received a very disturbing message:

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account -

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 6:37am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Could you post those details? (Sans any personal ones.)

I don't think it has to be related. Nor am I sure if it is that disturbing; people (/bots) can of course try and access your account, that's what the password is for. Moreover, Google's safeguards kicked in.

But I don't know about e.g. this application angle. Maybe those details will reveal it.

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 6:46am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

ps

ivanxxxxxxx wrote:

You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

To reset it would in any case seem like sound advice.

NOTE, HOWEVER: If some link to follow to reset the password is provided, it could of course be a phishing attempt instead, the message not originating with Google at all, no matter if it does look that way. I've no idea really if this is the way they communicate with customers.

If you want to reset your password, I'd suggest visiting the appropriate pages yourself. Not following any hyperlink to get there.

And again: I think you receiving this now most likely would be pure coincidence, not at all related to this occurrence at ArmorGames.

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 7:16am

ivanxxxxxxx

ivanxxxxxxx

1,056 posts

Knight

Thanks for trying to help me MacII.
I can not reveal the details.It would be stupid, right?

All I can say is that the attack was from Mexico.

It was a hacker attack. I know how it came and why.
It has to do with facebook,I made a mistake.
Comment that I placed on the AG facebook page has revealed my Identity.
Someone just made the connection.

I've taken necessary cautionary measures.

Reply to [Official] The AG security breach

You must be logged in to post a reply!