ForumsGamesRetrogaming General Discussion

29 7171
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Hey!
I don't think I have ever seen any sort of thread honoring the hobby of retro gaming, so I decided to make one. Here you can discuss your favorite games, perhaps tips and tricks, preferred console, etc.. If you are really interested in retrogaming, then check out my profile, which Is the homepage to the AGRGA ( a clan I started {Armor Games Retro Gaming Alliance})
What is Retrogaming? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrogaming]
Why should you be a retro gamer? [url=http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/3799/why-retro-games-rule]

I suppose I should start a topic question, then.
*ahem* Do you think that Retro games are, generally speaking, harder to play (and win) than in modern games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_box_art.png

• 29 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

What do you think, should I buy a super Nintendo or just keep buying N64 games?

If you like SNES games you should buy a console but using an emulator is much easier and some games that require saving might not work anymore since their battery has expired. Games like Three Kingdoms, Uncharted Waters, etc.
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

If you like SNES games you should buy a console but using an emulator is much easier

I haven't had a whole ton of experience with SNES games, and I really don't like using emulators, because I feel it takes the mood away from playing a classic game on a classic console, if that makes sense. Sure, even if I could download emulators I would, but my parents have strict rules against downloading things, so until I can get my own laptop or something, emulators are going to be a no for me.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I haven't had a whole ton of experience with SNES games, and I really don't like using emulators, because I feel it takes the mood away from playing a classic game on a classic console, if that makes sense. Sure, even if I could download emulators I would, but my parents have strict rules against downloading things, so until I can get my own laptop or something, emulators are going to be a no for me.

There's a program called sandbox where you can install anything and it won't mess with Windows because it's installed inside the program.
You might want to tell your dad about it.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Just saw this amazing little gem over on ThinkGeek

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

That's awesome... I wonder why no one ever thought of this before!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Just saw this amazing little gem over on ThinkGeek

Oh yeah, I've seen it before but I forgot about it!
Nice finding Mr_Sand!
That way, no need to be ripped off by crooks on eBay trying to sell old console for a ridiculously high price! xD
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

That way, no need to be ripped off by crooks on eBay trying to sell old console for a ridiculously high price! xD

Aint that the truth.
I wish It was closer to Christmas time, so I could add that to my wishlist.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Most of the games I play are retro. I've always preferred the classic games to the newer ones. Mega Man 2, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario 3, Turtles in time, Mega Man X, and Paper Mario are some of my favorites.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Most of the games I play are retro. I've always preferred the classic games to the newer ones. Mega Man 2, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario 3, Turtles in time, Mega Man X, and Paper Mario are some of my favorites.

I was thinking about playing a Mega Man game for the Nintendo 64 with a friend, but Im not sure which one would be worthwhile. Can you give me a tip?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

First console I bought was a Nintendo 64. Got me all the Zelda games, a couple Pokemon games, F-Zero, Star Fox, a Mario game and some more games I can't remember. That's about as retro as it gets for me.

Still an avid GameCube player though.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Still an avid GameCube player though.

Gamecube is a great console, I've got some Pokémon games, Mario Party 7, Super Smash Bros Melee, and some other games I don't play as much.

That's about as retro as it gets for me

At least that's something.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

I would just start at the beginning of the series with the 1987 Mega Man 1 or Mega Man 2 games for the Nes.

If you like them, you could try moving on to Mega Man X series. Mega Man X1 is personally one of my all time favorite games.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This thread have been slow lately.
Since I discovered the Three Kingdoms TV series on You Tube, thank to pangtonshu, I've been wanting to play my Romance of the Three Kingdoms I,II,and VI on NES and SNES.
I'm currently playing a game of The Knight of Lodis on GBA emulator, I can't stop playing this game. Since I've finished it so many times, I'm now using cheats to make the game re-playable. The latest thing I did was to use the full strength cheat. Once my characters have the Fist Fight emblem, I can use them without weapons. When they punch an enemy, they often kill him or her in one shot. xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Three Kingdoms I,II,and VI on NES and SNES.

Oops, I meant I,II, and IV, not VI!
Showing 16-29 of 29