ForumsWEPRSoccer in the USA vs the world

36 6268
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

Why isnt soccer as big as it is in England, Spain, or Germany??? Why, becasue we have football which more people like than soccer. I hear people say that soccer is to slow, and not entertaining, but I just say you should've watched the Germany Turkey game. That was goal filled, and hitting action.

If you have any reasons why you dont like soccer, or you think soccer should be publicized like me, say so.

• 36 Replies
MAD_MASTER
MAD_MASTER
35 posts
Nomad

what everyone says that baseball is americas pass time but i think that americas real pass time is football not futball not soccer real football.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Soccer is much bigger in the countries across the sea (from the US). We have football which is our main sport. So I think that Soccer is bigger in the other countries than in the US.

RathRaid
RathRaid
129 posts
Nomad

Soccer is a smaller sport in the U.S. because it doesn't dominate the sporting world. Alot of players know how to play, and DO play it-(I play a game every Sat.), but only as a pastime, or a small leauge. It is a good skill to develop, but it just isn't as big in the U.S. because if there is no large support, player's salaries would be miniscule compared to other sports, so they rather pro at other sports, like hockey, basketball, football, or the great american passtime, Baseball.

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

i still think soccer is awesome, and we need more of it in our big country

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

the reason it is not big is cuz noone wants to play soccer they just want to sit on the cuch with fat bellies

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

the reason soccer is small n the U.S. is cuz noone wants to play cuz they think it isn't rough and you can't be cool playing soccer, i disagree, i like soccer and basketball. They are the best sports EVER!

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

soccer is the most physical game. more people get serious injuries in soccer than in football, u also run more in soccer than in football, u are running non-stop, and in football, u run little short distances, then stop,

Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

One reason may be the scoring, for soccer isn't a high scoring game which can end up having the only score during over time, while football and basketball are high scoring games.

polishofficer
polishofficer
48 posts
Nomad

I think it is because the USA cannot play a sport that is big in more than one country.

Median2008
Median2008
17 posts
Nomad

I agree with a lot of things ya said guys..
The americans cant love a sport which is as big ( or bigger ) in an other country
And yes, the germans often win even if they play the most time like crap ..thats what i call lucky

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Americans like American Football but all European countries love Soccer and some other teams do.Ireland like Gaelic Football,Tennis,Hurling Soccer and Rugby and many more!

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

soccer is a very demanding sport.. i personally dont think the athletes have the stamina to keep up.. and americans would find it boring (even though they watch baseball and golf *gag*..).

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I think that soccer isn't as popular because Americans love Football and baseball, and basketball more

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I don't like american football or european football(soccer). They're both boring sports.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

The answer simply put is that America is a baby country. I will explain this since some of you think I am making fun of how feminine you are.

America is a young country. Look at China and most of the other countries and they were born long before America was. If you don't understand what I mean by born, I mean basically named a country. America was made at a time when there needed to be change in the world. America was born at the time when new ideas and such were spreading so this meant new ideas for sports were brought to attention. We play baseball while other countries play croquet. We play football while other countries play their football (soccer).

Some of you put up a horrible argument saying we like or love other sports. Well, I would have never guessed! Americans were not based off of soccer. Baseball is America's past time and we also love our other domestic sports. This should answer why America is not big into soccer.

Showing 16-30 of 36