ForumsGamesFallout Development

12 14918
ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

There have been rumors aplenty that the next Fallout, published by Bethesda, would be developed by BGS, Bethesda Game Studios, and would be titled Fallout 4. This game is rumored to take place in Boston, with a different set of factions.

At the same time, there are also rumors that Obsidian is developing New Vegas 2, a direct sequel to New Vegas. They have already said they are heavily interested in making one. This would also be published by Bethesda.

My question to the AG community is, which developer would you rather have make the next Fallout? Obviously it would be next gen, and Obsidian has more experience with PC development, and developing for the PS4 would not be so much different.

Another thing to consider is that Obsidian was involved in the past Fallout's when it was only on PC, so whatever game they make would be completely canon, whereas Fallout 3 was taken to the East for the first time.

So....what's your preference?

• 12 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I'm totally down for a canon Fallout Experience, because the last two Fallout games have been based on their own tangents (Fallout 3 perhaps being the fan tribute). If that means Obsidian has to be the main maestro, more power to them! I still would like to have Bethesda employ their ever-famous free-roam, expanded world mechanics that made me addicted to their company in the first place, though. Playing the series in reverse really made me discontented at the first two games for its turn-based point-and-click ventures, and that's not what I really want.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

(Just stumbled across this thread, it sticking out as the last one):

There have been rumors aplenty that the next Fallout

Bethesda downplays Fallout news

June 20, 2013 4:39AM PDT
Publisher acknowledges fans are "clamoring" for new Fallout game, but expecting news soon is "unrealistic."
bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

I'm all for Bethesda, forgive me for sounding like a fanboy, due to not play the first 2 Fallouts. I was unimpressed with New Vegas, I honestly prefer Bethesda's take, of post apocalyptic survival, eve if that is less fallouty.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Wasn't the Boston rumor a hoax? Actually, I'm pretty sure it was.

Who knows where and at setting the new FO game will take place in. After seeing what they did with Skyrim, I'm extremely excited to play the new FO

DragonMod101
DragonMod101
13 posts
Nomad

Thats tough, Obsidian did make a few good improvements with New Vegas.
However, NV took away the post-apocalyptic feel. It made it into a futuristic-western style themed game, so personally, Bethesda.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I liked how your choices had major implications in NV, but aside from the main atory there weren't really a bunch of big quests. I would like to see the sheer number of weapons and mods from Nv continued on as well as Hardcore mode, but I'd like Bethesda to take the reigns as far as number four goes.

And am I the only one who wants to see one take place in the south? Florida, may be?

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I would like to see more mods and weapons and more 1 of a kind weapons I just love modding weapons and searching for the one of a kind weapons it gives me something to do when I am after quests.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I really hope they go through with this..and that the production doesn't have a Fallout.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

If Fallout 4 or New Vegas 2 never get past the idea stage, I will flip my table. Repeatedly. And it will be violent.

I couldn't care less which developer does what. In my book, they've both earned enough respect from me to make a few terrible games. As long as they keep me interested I'll buy their products.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Who does the actual development doesn't matter so much, as Bethesda owns the IP and will be publishing it, so they're the ones with creative control either way.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Fallout New Vegas seemed like a much more diverse take on Fallout 3. They were both good games but Fallout 3 was long and drawn out whilst New Vegas was pretty action packed and presented new ideas to the table. While I am sure that the ideas implemented in New Vegas will be included in Fallout 4, nonetheless I would rather see Obsidian focus on another Fallout and allow Bethesda to work more on the New IPS in the making Such as TES:Online

Showing 1-11 of 12