Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

AG Football Competion

Posted Oct 3, '13 at 1:31pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I don't care. I lost a point a week the last four weeks on the buccanneers. Switching out the teams that go on bye just so you can get more points should be against the rules.

Why should it be illegal?

I think it's more strategy - either you can trade out a team and get points, but you might not get the team back and, depending on how well the other team does, you might end up with loss. On the other hand, you might pick up a better team, but if they haven't been on BYE you might suffer later.

It also proves an advantage to other players who are willing to trade teams who might lose to a team on BYE, but that team turns out to do very well coming out of BYE. It's the same reason as trading a team who's going against an undefeated team.

In that case, I should complement for good strategy picking up the Vikings on BYE week. I never really thought about it in that case.

Jeol, you're going to lose. Those four points make a huge difference... I guess you might get lucky.

Like I said, it all depends how well I trade up :3

Posted Oct 3, '13 at 3:01pm

daleks

daleks

3,183 posts

Like I said, it all depends how well I trade up :3

No one will want your teams. Lol.

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 1:46am

superbobdabest

superbobdabest

271 posts

Wait, why does he get 4 teams?

Sorry I meant 3 teams. jeol please pick 3 teams. ill give you until saturday night for picks.

Why should it be illegal?

jeol is right. You can trade your team out for a pool team during your teams bye week however you take the risk of potentially losing the team. Think of it like this: say if the Broncos had a bye week this week and I traded them for a pool team. If your the first person to see this wouldn't it be smart to take the Broncos  even though you had no chance of gaining a point this week.

Tbh working the bye weeks could be game changing. Three points is a big deal. Even more important then playing the pool teams.

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 7:30am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Hmm... In that case, I'll take the Bills, the Cowboys, and the Steelers.

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 1:07am

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

Hmm... In that case, I'll take the Bills, the Cowboys, and the Steelers.

Jeol, please! Do not take the steelers. The Browns have control of their division. THE BROWNS JEOL. Please jeol, change your pick to someone else.

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 10:43am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Jeol, please! Do not take the steelers. The Browns have control of their division. THE BROWNS JEOL. Please jeol, change your pick to someone else.

... The only two other teams are the Buccs and the Jaguars.

Posted Oct 6, '13 at 5:57pm

daleks

daleks

3,183 posts

Yay, 1 point! Sadly it wasn't Seattle winning. :P

Posted Oct 6, '13 at 7:58pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

Hopefully, I can scavenge one point from the 9ers :P

Posted Oct 6, '13 at 9:44pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

No points, but dang, that Cowboys - Broncos game looks close. I'll just assume since I didn't see it...

The Bills could have had it if Manuel didn't get injured. Tuel killed it. *sigh*

Posted Oct 7, '13 at 12:19am

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

0 points... ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? (Whoever wanted that to happen.)

Reply to AG Football Competion

You must be logged in to post a reply!