ForumsWEPRDrug Regulation

123 49980
MachoMachoGrande
MachoMachoGrande
2 posts
Nomad

Ive seen my friends grow up recently into older teens now. They used to be really cool and stuff, but now they like smoking... illegal things if you know what i mean. I want you guys to know that if you know someone whod oes this and it bothers you too you can talk to me about it because i understand how you feel about it too.
but really, what i want to talk about is how you guys feel about recent growth in teenagers smoking things not tobacco?
would you reach out to a friend in need?
we need more good people reaching out to people addicted to drugs so they can be good people again too.
if you were addicted to drugs how would you want to be approached?
i for one would want my family to step in and throw an intervention. i feel like if enough people i care about told me that i had a problem and couldnt livea normal life i would really change my mind about whatever drug i would be addicted too.
thank you please think and respond.
MachoMachoGrande

• 123 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Potheads are just dumb but people using hard drugs are the problem.

Explain how they're dumb.
Explain the 'roblem'.
My solution: Put them against a wall a shoot them.

All drug users? You're a terrible person.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

What about drugs whoch are legally ok, but hardly different from other illegal narcotics? In my state, it is perfectly legal to do Salvia, which has hallucinogenic properties. Am I a bad person for then doing Salvia? And Does your definition of "bad" pertain to the act of doing any drugs, or the illegality of it, or the actions committed by some as a result of doing (illegal) drugs?

What's so fun about doing drug? People with weak mind do drugs.
There are other ways to have fun without messing with your brain.
Anyway for me anyone who use drugs for other purpose than medicine is not very smart.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Explain how they're dumb.
Explain the 'roblem'.

Staring at each other and stupidly laughing is not fun.
Tell me how having your head feel like a pumpkin is fun.
How is acting dumb in front of other people is fun?
I tried it too when I was younger because most of my uncles are potheads and I wanted to know how it felt. I don't like not having all my faculties and feeling stupid and laughing at stuff that's not usually funny.
If it's what you drug addicts are looking for then I feel sorry for you.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

What's so fun about doing drug?

Fun isn't the only reason. It could make them feel good, or benefit them in another way. Pain relief, etc.
People with weak mind do drugs.

I think you're weak-willed if it controls you, but weak-minded for doing it? How?
There are other ways to have fun without messing with your brain.

So? Who gives a **** what people are taking or doing so long as it doesn't negatively affect others.

Why do you keep over-generalizing everything?
I don't like not having all my faculties and feeling stupid and laughing at stuff that's not usually funny.

Okay, you don't like it, but that doesn't mean people that do like it are bad / stupid / etc.
If it's what you drug addicts are looking for then I feel sorry for you.

All drug users aren't addicts.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Tell me how having your head feel like a pumpkin is fun.

Now that you've described getting drunk, anyone who drinks gets shot?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I don't feel like jumping into this whole argument. I'm just going to take some creatine and go lift some weights.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

It doesn't matter to me if they're teens, adults or very old people. If they do drugs they're ****roaches to me and they should all die because they're useless to the rest of society.

Well, ****. Guess you don't really care much for the BRILLIANT, INTELLECTUAL SCIENTISTS WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE TECHNOLOGICAL GROWTH OF THE WORLD while consuming casual drugs, huh?

How many store robberies, street muggings, house break-ins happen because some crackheads needs drug and since he or she already sold all their parent's jewelry, cloth and electronics, have to find money to waste on their addiction?

Studies from the statistics shows the rate of crime is dependent on INCOME of the career criminal, not the status of taking drugs.

Really? It's a drug related thread, are you being literal again?

That soda you drank while coming home from school? It has drugs in it. I hear....if you take too much of it....you die!

err... :O

Potheads are just dumb but people using hard drugs are the problem. My solution: Put them against a wall a shoot them.

I like how you completely DODGED the points put forth and went on to spout more of your opinions. Yep, completely disregarded what he said, even though they had logical points. So I suppose, regardless of the intelligence they attained when born, automatically taking drugs makes them below the threshold for the average intelligence? Please tell me the science of how this works! You mean to tell me...that drugs....sap the intelligence of the individual instead of just draining the potential of it? Mind-blowi--err, Mind-fu--errr, Mind-wra---crap, Mind--wrapping. Yeah, that's it. Don't want SSTG to think I'm taking drugs or he'll have some choice judgements to think about.

What's so fun about doing drug?

You're not 7 billion people. Because you don't think so, you automatically have the gall to suggest these people be woefully and balefully shot for using them? Are you someone who constantly is in a state of SWAG? Ostensibly portraying a disregard for common society and its rules, believing in an elitist society of non-drug users? Yeah, forget the social right to using some of these products, that's out the window. We might as well be in Lord of the Flies.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

We might as well be in Lord of the Flies.

I HAVE THE CONCH FRANK! I HAVE THE CONCH!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

It doesn't matter to me if they're teens, adults or very old people. If they do drugs they're ****roaches to me and they should all die because they're useless to the rest of society.

I tried it too when I was younger

Q.E.D.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Geez, I didn't know so many of you liked drugs. :O
Glorifying it is not much better either.
If you like to say you take drugs then don't whine if someone tells you that he despise you for it. That's my opinion, like it or not.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Geez, I didn't know so many of you liked drugs.

Some of us use drugs, some of us don't. We still use civility when arguing the status and circumstance of drug-using.

Glorifying it is not much better either.

We're not glorifying drugs, we are enjoying the attitude of allowing those who use drugs the right to use them, while exercising caution and encouraging sparse use of them. Glorifying is "use drugs! Use drugs! Forget what it causes, use them!"

If you like to say you take drugs then don't whine if someone tells you that he despise you for it.

If you take drugs, then don't whine when someone shoots you on the street for it.

It'd be nice if you would heed my warning in your profile and actually argue the points we are presenting, SSTG. I see no counter-arguments anywhere here, which means the WEPR isn't being the WEPR.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Fun isn't the only reason. It could make them feel good, or benefit them in another way. Pain relief, etc.

Pain relief is justifiable and fall under the medication category.
Janis Joplin was creative but ended her life way too early because of a drug overdose.
Heath Ledger was a good actor with a nice life ahead of him but he liked to have fun using drugs as well. Where is he now?
What about Whitney Houston?

You use drugs for fun at first but it makes you more susceptible to do heavier drugs later.

One of my uncle had a good job, a nice house, a wife, kids.
He started using pot, then hashish then coke, crack and guess where he is now? Yeah he's dead.
My other uncle also had a good job and a nice car but now he lives somewhere in the street after alienating his entire family, me included.
He went to live at my moms house for a while then she soon realized why nobody else wanted him around. When I heard he was calling her a ***** I took his cloths, grab the loser by the shirt and threw him out. He landed face first in the street and I bet he didn't even feel it because he was so high.

Doing drug has consequences and often innocent people pay for it.
So next time you glorify or try to justify using drug don't be surprised if I tell you my piece of mind!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Heath Ledger was a good actor with a nice life ahead of him but he liked to have fun using drugs as well.

This will explain what happened with Ledger.

TL;DR - Accidental prescription* overdose

*article has a typo, calling it perception.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Janis Joplin was creative but ended her life way too early because of a drug overdose.
Heath Ledger was a good actor with a nice life ahead of him but he liked to have fun using drugs as well. Where is he now?
What about Whitney Houston?

Or the other tens of millions of people still alive and well, due to the cautious use of drugs?

You use drugs for fun at first but it makes you more susceptible to do heavier drugs later.

Like alcohol.

So next time you glorify or try to justify using drug don't be surprised if I tell you my piece of mind!

You're clearly not reading any posts other people are making, otherwise you would have found out that we are not glorifying drugs in any way, shape, or form.
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Allow me to elaborate on part of the problem here.

You, as an individual, are perfectly entitled to your own opinion. You can believe that all drugs, regardless of potency, are terrible. That's okay.

What's not okay is for you to be so blatantly prejudiced. Your claim that all drug users are essentially stupid criminals who deserve to be shot is tantamount to me stating that all poor people are lazy, uneducated leeches on society who deserve to be sent to a watery grave.

Of course, I don't believe that about the poor, but it serves to get the point across. If you have a problem with something, elaborate with evidence, not generalizations. Show us, statistically, how drugs contribute to crime, or how they tear apart families. Otherwise, your posts serve no purpose.

Also, I would caution against getting most your information about drug users from entertainment media (which I assume based on how you described marijuana usage). And trying it once or twice doesn't really make you an expert. There are plenty of people who can function perfectly well who've used marijuana. Like the president of the United States (among others).

And just as you know people who smoke and laugh at stupid jokes, I know plenty of people who smoke and do math, or read a book, or write (good) music (I also live in a state where marijuana is legal). Likewise, I know people who drop LSD at parties (me included) who function perfectly fine the rest of the time. Because, surprisingly, LSD isn't that harmful.
Showing 16-30 of 123