ForumsForum GamesChampion of Chiakor

325 75482
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

The Beginning
You grew up in the small village of Chiakor, a remote village with rich traditions, buried deep in the wilds.
Every year for as long as you can remember, your village has chosen a champion to send to the cursed Demon Realm.

Legend has it that in years Chiakor has failed to produce a champion, chaos has reigned over the countryside. Children disappear, crops wilt, and disease spreads like wildfire. This year, you have been selected to be the champion.

Character Creation
What is your name, Champion?
Male or Female?
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?
What color is your hair, and how long?

Stats for the game include:
Strength - Increases your damage and enables the Strong Back perks if high enough.
Toughness - Increases your health points and enables the Tank and Regeneration perks if high enough.
Speed - Increases you chances to evade attacks, certain encounters and to run from a fight. Also enables the Evasion and Runner perks if high enough.
Intelligence - Increase the chance to withstand certain encounters. Spells are also easier to learn and cast.
Corruption - Shows how corrupt you've become since entering the Demon Realm. If high enough, you won't be known as the nice guy anymore. Nice thoughts and actions will be harder to perform if corruption becomes too high. Anger rises a lot faster when more corrupt.
Fatigue - Determines whether or not skills and spells can be used. Waiting, resting, and sleeping reduce fatigue.
Hit points - Your life. If it reaches 0, your enemy will find a way to corrupt your mind or body in some way, adding to your corruption.

Every person is born with a gift. What's yours?
Strength - Are you stronger than normal? +5 to strength
Toughness - Are you unusually tough? +5 to toughness
Speed - Are you very quick? +5 to speed
Smarts - Are you a quick learner? +5 to intelligence
Endurance - Are you energetic? Recover from fatigue 50% faster

Before you became a champion, you had other plans for your life. What were you doing before?
Alchemy - You spent some time as an alchemist's assistant, and alchemical items always seem to be more reactive in your hands. You are much more successful at making concoctions than the normal person, and can make others much more potent.
Fighting - You spent much of your time fighting other children, and you had plans to find work as a guard when you grew up. You do 10% more damage with physical attacks.
Healing - You often spent your free time with the village healer, learning how to tend to wounds. Healing items and effects are 20% more effective.
Religion - You spent a lot of time at the village temple, and learned how to meditate. Meditating will reduce corruption.
Schooling - You spent much of your time in school, and even begged the richest man in town, Mr. Savin, to let you read some of his books. You are much better at focusing, and spellcasting uses 20% less fatigue.
Slacking - You spent a lot of time slacking, avoiding work, and otherwise making a nuisance of yourself. Your efforts at slacking have made you quite adept at resting, and fatigue decreases 20% faster.
Smithing - You managed to get an apprenticeship with the local blacksmith. Because of your time spent at the blacksmith's side, you've learned how to fit armor for maximum protection. Increases armor effectiveness by roughly 10%.

Feel free to ask questions, and have fun if you decide to try! Also, this game is story driven, and every person will have a similar story line, so if you don't want anything spoiled, don't look at others posts. This could also be good for people not playing and reading what happens to see what differences the players actions are and other things.

I'm just kind of into seeing how other people play differently. Anyways, gl.

• 325 Replies
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

How does this work for multiple people? Is it essentially a single player game that multiple people play at the same time?

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

I intended it to be single player only.

Multiplayer forum games like this take a very long time to make only just a little progress. In my games, at least.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

I apologize for the double post, but I worded that wrong.

To clear things up, it is only singleplayer.

Usually, when I tried go through with multiplayer games, the players would make little progress because of the way I did it, and I never found a good way to make it fast and easy for my games, so I'm just sticking to the ease of doing singleplayer only stuff.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Character Creation
What is your name, Champion?: David Jones
Male or Female?: Male
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?: Average
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?: Light
What color is your hair, and how long?: Dark black and very short.
Stats for the game include:
I'm not sure how starting stats work.
Smarts.
Before you became a champion, you had other plans for your life. What were you doing before?
Schooling.

Am I missing anything?

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: David Jones, M
----------
Body: Average
Muscle Tone: Average
Complexion: Light
Hair: Short, black
----------
Perks
Schooling: 20% less fatigue when casting spells
----------
Strength: 10
Toughness: 10
Speed: 10
Intelligence: 15
Corruption: 0
----------
HP: 100%
Fatigue: 0%
----------
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Gems: 0

Everything is good. To help you understand, the stats range from 0 to 100. You gain stats by either creating, or finding potions/liquids or from leveling up. Every time you level up, you can add 5 points to any stat or spread them across multiple ones.

Leveling up from having experience really determines what level you actually are. If you are level 1, you need 100 experience to level up. If at two, then 200. If at three, then 300, and so on. Every time you level up, exp resets to 0, unless you had excess exp.

Any more questions? We'll start if you don't.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Male or Female?
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?
What color is your hair, and how long?

Strength

(u may do my stats)

Religion - You spent a lot of time at the village temple, and learned how to meditate. Meditating will reduce corruption.

P.S.:why is there no classses?

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

oh,sry,forgot to do first part:
Male or Female?male
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?thick-ish,i shall say
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?N/A,i'm no female :3
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?light.
What color is your hair, and how long?brown,verry short,umm,"mowhawk" in da middle

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

sry for triple post,but one last thing:
What is your name, Champion?Alex

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

P.S.:why is there no classes?

You can use any weapon you wish. You can be whatever, as long as your stats can support what role you want to play. If you have only high intelligence, then spellcasting is your best bet. If you have only high strength, then melee. If you have both, then feel free to use melee + spells. Using a bow and arrow also uses fatigue, like using spells. Melee doesn't fatigue you, unless you use a special melee attack which you could learn from someone or discover yourself by reading books.

There are no limits as to what you can do in the game. Want to craft something? You can. If you want to exercise to increase a stat, you can. There is no time limit in the game, but as time passes, corruption spreads more and more.

I will post your sheet and game whenever I get home. I can't do it on this phone xD
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: Alex, M
----------
Body: Thick
Muscle Tone: Average
Hair: Short Brown w/ Mohawk
----------
~Perks~
Religious: Reduce corruption by 1 from meditating. Can only be done once a day.
----------
Strength: 15
Speed: 10
Intelligence: 10
----------
----------

Day #1
Time: 18:00

You are prepared for what is to come. Most of the last year has been spent honing your body and mind to prepare for the challenges ahead. You are the Champion of Chiakor. The one who will journey to the demon realm and guarantee the safety of your friends and family, even though you'll never see them again. You wipe away a tear as you enter the courtyard and see Elder Nomur waiting for you. You are ready.

The walk to the tainted cave is long and silent. Elder Nomur does not speak. There is nothing left to say. The two of you journey in companionable silence. Slowly the black rock of Mount Ilgast looms closer and closer, and the temperature of the air drops. You shiver and glance at the Elder, noticing he doesn't betray any sign of the cold. Despite his age of nearly 80, he maintains the vigor of a man half his age. You're glad for his strength, as assisting him across this distance would be draining, and you must save your energy for the trials ahead.

The entrance of the cave gapes open, sharp stalactites hanging over the entrance, giving it the appearance of a monstrous mouth. Elder Nomur stops and nods to you, gesturing for you to proceed alone.

The cave is unusually warm and damp. A glowing purple-pink portal swirls and flares with demonic light along the back wall. Strangely, you feel drawn to it, as if its beckoning you to enter. Cringing, you press forward, keenly aware that your body seems to be anticipating coming in contact with the tainted magical construct. Closing your eyes, you gather your resolve and leap forwards. Vertigo overwhelms you and you black out...

You wake with a splitting headache. A shadow darkens your view momentarily and your training kicks in. You roll to the side across the bare ground and leap to your feet. A surprised looking imp stands a few feet away, holding an empty vial. He's wearing tattered animal skin from the look of it.

The Imp says, "I'm amazed you've recovered so quickly. The last Champion only took seconds to succumb to this."

The imp shakes the empty vial to emphasize his point. You reel in shock at this revelation - you've just entered the demon realm and you've already been drugged!

"Should be aaaany second now!" the Imp teases.

In desperation you leap towards the imp, watching with glee as his ****y smile changes to an expression of sheer terror. The smaller creature is no match for your brute strength as you pummel him mercilessly. You pick up the diminutive demon and punt him into the air, frowning grimly as he spreads his wings and begins speeding into the distance.

The Imp says, "FOOL! You could have had it easy...but should we ever cross paths again, you will regret humiliating me! Remember the name Zetaz, as you'll soon face the wrath of my master!"

Your pleasure at defeating the demon ebbs as you consider how you've already been defiled. You swear to yourself you will find the demon responsible for doing this to you and the other Champions, and destroy him AND his pet imp.

You look around, surveying the hellish landscape as you plot your next move. The portal is a few yards away, nestled between a formation of rocks. It does not seem to exude the arousing influence it had on the other side. The ground and sky are both tinted different shades of red, though the earth beneath your feet feels as normal as any other lifeless patch of dirt. You settle on the idea of making a camp here and fortifying this side of the portal. No demons will ravage your beloved hometown on your watch.

It does not take long to set up your tent and a few simple traps. You'll need to explore and gather more supplies to fortify it any further. Perhaps you will even manage to track down the demons who have been abducting the other champions!

After settling down, you relax and review your progress. Your campsite is fairly simple at the moment. Your tent and bedroll are set in front of the rocks that lead to the portal. You have a small fire pit as well. You have a number of traps surrounding your makeshift home, but they are fairly simple and may not do much to deter a demon. The portal shimmers in the background as it always does, looking menacing and reminding you of why you came.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

his ****y smile

Should have known that'd be filtered. Apologies.
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

What is your name, Champion? Michael Lee
Male or Female? Male
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick? Lean
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony? Light
What color is your hair, and how long? Long, Black

Speed - Are you very quick? +5 to speed

Smithing - You managed to get an apprenticeship with the local blacksmith. Because of your time spent at the blacksmith's side, you've learned how to fit armor for maximum protection. Increases armor effectiveness by roughly 10%.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hi draick!

Name & Sex: Michael Lee, M
----------
Body: Lean
Muscle Tone: Visible
Hair: Long Black
----------
~Perks~
Smithing: Armor effectiveness increased by 10%
----------
Speed: 15
----------
----------

Day #1
Time: 18:00

I hope you haven't read the stuff I posted for danwar123. There are spoilers if you read other player's things. Unfortunately, I couldn't find another way to go through with this game. I like sticking to the story I got. After doing a whole bunch of random places & event type games, it gets too confusing when there isn't a story to go off of... hope you don't mind!

You are prepared for what is to come. Most of the last year has been spent honing your body and mind to prepare for the challenges ahead. You are the Champion of Chiakor. The one who will journey to the demon realm and guarantee the safety of your friends and family, even though you'll never see them again. You wipe away a tear as you enter the courtyard and see Elder Nomur waiting for you. You are ready.

The walk to the tainted cave is long and silent. Elder Nomur does not speak. There is nothing left to say. The two of you journey in companionable silence. Slowly the black rock of Mount Ilgast looms closer and closer, and the temperature of the air drops. You shiver and glance at the Elder, noticing he doesn't betray any sign of the cold. Despite his age of nearly 80, he maintains the vigor of a man half his age. You're glad for his strength, as assisting him across this distance would be draining, and you must save your energy for the trials ahead.

The entrance of the cave gapes open, sharp stalactites hanging over the entrance, giving it the appearance of a monstrous mouth. Elder Nomur stops and nods to you, gesturing for you to proceed alone.

The cave is unusually warm and damp. A glowing purple-pink portal swirls and flares with demonic light along the back wall. Strangely, you feel drawn to it, as if its beckoning you to enter. Cringing, you press forward, keenly aware that your body seems to be anticipating coming in contact with the tainted magical construct. Closing your eyes, you gather your resolve and leap forwards. Vertigo overwhelms you and you black out...

You wake with a splitting headache. A shadow darkens your view momentarily and your training kicks in. You roll to the side across the bare ground and leap to your feet. A surprised looking imp stands a few feet away, holding an empty vial. He's wearing tattered animal skin from the look of it.

The Imp says, "I'm amazed you've recovered so quickly. The last Champion only took seconds to succumb to this."

The imp shakes the empty vial to emphasize his point. You reel in shock at this revelation - you've just entered the demon realm and you've already been drugged!

"Should be aaaany second now!" the Imp teases.

In desperation you leap towards the imp, watching with glee as his ****y smile changes to an expression of sheer terror. The smaller creature is no match for your brute strength as you pummel him mercilessly. You pick up the diminutive demon and punt him into the air, frowning grimly as he spreads his wings and begins speeding into the distance.

The Imp says, "FOOL! You could have had it easy...but should we ever cross paths again, you will regret humiliating me! Remember the name Zetaz, as you'll soon face the wrath of my master!"

Your pleasure at defeating the demon ebbs as you consider how you've already been defiled. You swear to yourself you will find the demon responsible for doing this to you and the other Champions, and destroy him AND his pet imp.

You look around, surveying the hellish landscape as you plot your next move. The portal is a few yards away, nestled between a formation of rocks. It does not seem to exude the arousing influence it had on the other side. The ground and sky are both tinted different shades of red, though the earth beneath your feet feels as normal as any other lifeless patch of dirt. You settle on the idea of making a camp here and fortifying this side of the portal. No demons will ravage your beloved hometown on your watch.

It does not take long to set up your tent and a few simple traps. You'll need to explore and gather more supplies to fortify it any further. Perhaps you will even manage to track down the demons who have been abducting the other champions!

After settling down, you relax and review your progress. Your campsite is fairly simple at the moment. Your tent and bedroll are set in front of the rocks that lead to the portal. You have a small fire pit as well. You have a number of traps surrounding your makeshift home, but they are fairly simple and may not do much to deter a demon. The portal shimmers in the background as it always does, looking menacing and reminding you of why you came.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------

I search the area around the campsite for anything useful. If I find any weapon and/or armor, I search the area around the equipment for any demons and/or dangers to my life. If I find any source of food or water, I look for a place to hide while keeping an eye out for any sign of danger then wait and see if anything would eat/drink from that source of food/water. If I spot any demons, I look for a place to hide and observe them. If I find nothing and don't see any demons, I head back to camp and spend a few hours shadowboxing.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------

Day #1
Time: 19:00

You tentatively step away from your campsite, alert and scanning the ground and sky for danger. You walk for the better part of an hour, marking the rocks you pass for a return trip to your camp. It worries you that the portal has an opening on this side, and it was totally unguarded...

You haven't found anything useful ...wait a second, why is your campsite in front of you? The portal's glow is clearly visible from inside the tall rock formation. Looking carefully you see your footprints leaving the opposite side of your camp, then disappearing. You look back the way you came and see your markings vanish before your eyes. The implications boggle your mind as you do your best to mull over them. Distance, direction, and geography seem to have little meaning here, yet your campsite remains exactly as you left it. A few things click into place as you realize you found your way back just as you were mentally picturing the portal! Perhaps memory influences travel here, just like time, distance, and speed would in the real world!

This won't help at all with finding new places, but at least you can get back to camp quickly. You are determined to stay focused the next time you explore and learn how to traverse this gods-forsaken realm. You can't help but wonder if hunger and thirst has influence here as well as in the real world.

Showing 1-15 of 325