ForumsSupport Forummmo games

6 2738
JBREY
JBREY
2 posts
Nomad

i can't play any mmo games. it only loads and shows a black screen. any help would be appreciated

tnx

• 6 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

MMOs work fine for me, so I'm assuming this is a problem on your end. Make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player/Java installed and try to play the games using another browser to see if this fixes the issue.

gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

Use chrome....Its probably the best browser out there.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Sounds like a typical case of blocking something at the user's end.

Any browser may, by default or by settings you adjusted, block stuff that another may not; so trying out a few is always a good step to see if that simply resolves the issue.

If not, I left some thoughts on these blocking and unblocking issues e.g. here, see what you make of it. Note: That user last thing I saw of it by another report of theirs still hadn't resolved the issue...

(I had in the meantime been thinking that in Internet Explorer, as I say there often I just couldn't figure out what to possibly adjust in the first place. It's now struck me it has some settings to prevent cross-domain access, which certainly I set to "on," or quite possibly they are by default, and well they should be, I'd say. But good chance these need to be adjusted to run these MMO games, since I reckon they precisely do need cross-domain access. I've not tested this, since have no mind to change it then change it all back. If it's Internet Explorer that causes issues for you with these games, I would indeed suggest trying out another browser and seeing how that works for you. You could use it just to play these games.)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps

I've not tested this, since have no mind to change it then change it all back.

And, just off the top of my head now, in IE I don't think this can be changed on a per-site basis. I would again not suggest allowing it for all of the web.

Anyways, whatever, these are just some general thoughts on the wider why's and how's of it all But so IE in any event I've found not the best browser to handle some of these finer settings required by some of these online games.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then pps

And, just off the top of my head now, in IE I don't think this can be changed on a per-site basis. I would again not suggest allowing it for all of the web.

It is possible that so adding the relevant sites (probably these MMO's proper sites, not ArmorGames) to IE's 'Trusted Sites' zone, they do get the appropriate access.

(Or, one could take it one step further, and if such access isn't allowed in that zone by default, set it to allow it.)

HOWEVER, I would NOT advocate this method, seeing how you'd be giving very liberal allowances for otherwise potentially dodgy sites (running into the odd virus surfing across gaming sites far from out of the question. Not nefariously and so intentionally so, mind, but just since they're open to attack, like any site is, and security may not be some of these hobbyists' strong point), or in the second case, giving even higher allowances to all the sites you add in there, whereas its settings should be more than liberal enough as it is.

Rather, look into a browser that does allow you easy control of these settings, per-site.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

... Or, of course and presumably (hey, there's always an afterthought ), playing such games on their own sites, not through third-party sites such as ArmorGames, they wouldn't need cross-domain access, so you'd have ruled out that issue.

I'm sure AG would rather have it you played them here though...

Showing 1-6 of 6