ForumsWEPRWhy are People nowadays so corrupted?

34 18182
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

I wonder why People are so corrupted nowadays ,why not just share or use the barter system like back then?

• 34 Replies
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Corruption can't be avoided....... But it can be reduced if you stick to your words of promised! Right?

blackfurydragon
blackfurydragon
42 posts
Nomad

Yeah corruption always existed. And it's a shame it'll continue that way.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Be honest: if you worked as a ticket seller for a football stadium, and your boss handed you a bag with 120k in it, wouldnt you consider the option? (A friend of mine experienced it).

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Be honest: if you worked as a ticket seller for a football stadium, and your boss handed you a bag with 120k in it, wouldnt you consider the option?

The option of taking it for yourself? No. Even if you got away and laid low, that's barely enough to live modestly for 5 years. Then what? Maybe if you were insanely desperate, but it's better to be honest and keep your job while you can than risk getting caught and losing everything.
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

That's the responsibility that comes with handling so much money.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Answer: Moral decay.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Answer: Moral decay.

Right! BTW, if only Adam and Eve didn't eat the fruit...........
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

Maybe we always want the shortcut now since our lifespan has drastically lowered.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Maybe we always want the shortcut now since our lifespan has drastically lowered.

??? People are living longer than ever before thanks to modern medicine. The average lifespan is 3x what it was 3000 years ago, and twice what it was four centuries ago.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

You mean 50X Kasic.

KrRAP
KrRAP
2 posts
Nomad

I don't think you should use the barter system. You know some people would not want to exchange their favorite things. Nowadays there is nothing we can do without money. So people are getting corrupted.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Financial corruption depends on who the heck uses it, and how greedy he/she is.

metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

That's odd...maybe I'm just outdated with the info...last time I heard was that our lifespan is getting shorter...oh well, that's a good thing I guess that our lifespan is longer than before.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Knowledge...the source of all so called evils and goods...

I am practical but also not practical. Think of this all ideas in a sense can be construed as good or evil. Whether is the rich taking from the poor or the poor hating the rich and deciding to guillotine the rich. it usually comes down to some sort of authoritative figure/body to decide on these things of good an evil. Personally I would say lets have anarchy and call it a day, the guy with the bigger guns win and if you complain and cannot hold your own, it would be your own ignorance...but then there are those mad types that find their way into power and want to kill everything.

hmm perhaps this so called governments are really anarchy at their foundations. groups of people fighting over resources and having their own so called rules to prevent their own masses from harming themselves because it is more noble to let the masses be killed by a national reason or a religious one....or some idea.

I say individuals should have more rights then groups. Some governments will still step on you usually the biggest thing is taxes aka money for protection...which sounds alot like what criminals would do. Intimidate people for their wealth, anyways what ever the form all power comes down to having control over lives. your life, other lives, and which is why i feel individuals must be protected.

You see I agree with Locke, it should be life, liberty and property what we protect, the last bit about "the pursuit of happiness" replaced property in his philosophy because how else would you control people in a government without control of the life, freedom (life), and property(also life)
so the vague idea was thrown in instead.

Seriously lets also get down to it...how much of the law is there that is about property? yes also the government can still take your property if you don't pay taxes...even if you inherited it from 5 generations of your family and live on subsistence farming there are property taxes. Which tend to be relative to location location location principles...

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

yes also the government can still take your property if you don't pay taxes

They can still take it even if you DO pay taxes.
Showing 16-30 of 34