ForumsGamesRebuild 3 alpha / kickstarter

28 25252
sarahnorthway
sarahnorthway
2 posts
Nomad

Hi! I'm the developer of Rebuild and Rebuild 2. I should let you all know that I've been working on a third game for the last six months and there will be a free version of it here on Armor Games, due in spring 2014.

Since Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is going to be way bigger than the first two games, I'm running a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the art and writing and music and stuff (no more Sarah stickmen art for you - I hired two real artists this time!). Backers can get rewards like the PC downloadable version, access to the Alpha playtest, and their names in the game. If you really love my first two games and want to help me make the third one, please come check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarahnorthway/rebuild-gangs-of-deadsville

And look for Rebuild 3 here on AG in 2014!

• 28 Replies
Gnjmn
Gnjmn
1 posts
Shepherd

I love u Sarah for this game!! so great i hope u never stop makeing new games!!

Greetz from Belgium

tania_roussel_562
tania_roussel_562
1 posts
Nomad

Hi from Paris,

I have played hundreds of different flash games, in all sort of styles
your game rebuild that I finished yesterday in a couple of hours was great, and I put it in my favorite list. I was a little bit disappointed about rebuild2 that I have tested today because there's not much change in the buildings but still it's a great game. reminds me of Building rush in the graphic style.

I was slightly annoyed by the management interface. The idea of combining skills makes it more complex to handle and the equipment changes weren't easy to deal with. It would have been nice to have a quick tab equipment/characters, and perhaps work on the management interface. I agreed with a lot of comments on your dedicated website.

Strength of Rebuild was it's simplicity, which means gameplay. More complexity means you have to keep the interaction simple and smart. Of course, complex management gamers will stay hooked but casual '5-minutes' gamers want a 'quick-in-game' shoot...

Another point is about balance. Balance is as important as gameplay and complexity. Take a look at games like Epic Rail or Port Pilot. There are as stupid and simple as ****, 3 different colors, you just have to dock your boats or train, yet theses games are very addictive... On the long terme however, they meet their limits because it's just about catching a few tips... but what's cool is that they keep you thinking even with something simple. If you take the airport madness series, each time they add a few more glitches, but you end up with a slow, never ending time-consuming game for really very depressed players.

Anyway, your game has really some very good and solid basis. The graphics are cool, less disturbing that the last stand series, you keep on the fun-side of zombies game like zombi last nigth, etc... The storytelling is also very enjoyable, and adding some yes/no choices is also stimulating. I didn't finish Rebuild 2, so maybe there are some issues I didn't notice.

Anyway I guess your game is almost on the run now, so I really hope it will reach your goals.

Tania

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

*Was coming out spring 2014*
Hi, this is the future speaking, aaaand we still dont have rebuild.

komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

its almost spring 2015 now what happend?

DINOJAGER
DINOJAGER
131 posts
Justiciar

yes when will it be realesed? soon or years later?

snjezana_hadzic
snjezana_hadzic
1,537 posts
Shepherd

@sarahnorthway When will Rebuild 3 be finally released??

DINOJAGER
DINOJAGER
131 posts
Justiciar

it is already 2015 and still no rebuild 3 on armor games how long will this take

DINOJAGER
DINOJAGER
131 posts
Justiciar

can some one els takes this over from him? he does nothing except he let us waiting

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Im not even sure that it will be avialable on AG... currently its on steam (testing branch)

Here you may find more infos

zombieslayer243
zombieslayer243
1 posts
Nomad

i read on another website that there is going to be cars in rebuild 3- gangs of deadsville. is this true? if so, what are they usefull for?

apriln12
apriln12
1 posts
Peasant

Hi its spring. 2016. 3 years later and STILL NOT OUT....

sinoflust
sinoflust
1 posts
Nomad

hi I love the rebuild series and I am really looking ford to play rebuild 3 but it is summer of 2016 and 3 years ago you said it would have came out

huntercornett8
huntercornett8
1 posts
Peasant

it's a little late, don't ya think?

Showing 16-28 of 28