ForumsForum GamesBretwalda (English Dark Ages RPG)

370 105171
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Oh vassal, who is your lord? Be you Pict? Briton? Irish? Perhaps even a Northman? Are you a virtuous Christian or a Pagan fluent in the rituals and sacrifices?

You are a vassal lord in the realm of Britain around the late 7th early 8th century. Your duties include raising armies to fight when war comes and keeping peace around the realm, and by that it means brutalizing the peasants and killing bandits.

Name:Irish, Celtic, Breton, Welsh will work
Physical Desc.: Please know a lot of people (as in 90%) in the dark ages weren't tall or really muscled
Bio: At least a paragraph
People: (i.e. Germanic, Breton, Irish, Welsh, Pict, Scandinavian...)
--------
Hand Weapons:
Ranged Weapons:
Armor & Possessions:
-------
Condition: Nil

That should be it, unless i left something out.

• 370 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Yannic Gwallter Cecil
Physical Desc.: Brown-hair, pale, dark-brown eyes, 5'8, scrawny.
Bio: No one really knows who Yannic was born unto. He was found as naught but a babe on the side of the road by a minor Nobleman who had business in Germany. One of his guards made a snarky comment about the &quotoor peasant child in the side of the road" and the Nobleman ordered the carriage to stop. A soldier brought Yannic forth, and he was wrapped in soft blankets with a House's symbol, too muddled to identify. The Nobleman returned to England, bringing with him a Fosterling. He rose Yannic as his youngest son, teaching him the ways of Honor, Chivalry, and the Code of Battle.
People: Germanic
Banner: My field is white, there is black on the top and bottom going horizontally. There is a Prussian Falcon in the center of the white field. The Falcon does not have a crown, and has a sword in one talon and a roll of paper in the other.
Kingdom: Suth Seaxe
--------
Hand Weapons: Small Axe
Ranged Weapons:
Armor & Possessions: Tunic, Small Round Shield
Treasury: 2000 Scillingas
Troops: 15/17 Kotselta Seaxe (Short spears, Bucklers, Tunics: Free men trained to defend their homes when needed), 5/7 Fian (Short Spears, Buckler, 5 Javelins)
-------

Tyrion is pretty cool, and samwell

You find a fine one, in a small shop, not named only a picture of an anvil and a hammer, this is a few centuries before people started reading, around the 14th century

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Bio: No one really knows who Yannic was born unto. He was found as naught but a babe on the side of the road by a minor Nobleman who had business in Germany. One of his guards made a snarky comment about the &quotoor peasant child in the side of the road" and the Nobleman ordered the carriage to stop. A soldier brought Yannic forth, and he was wrapped in soft blankets with a House's symbol, too muddled to identify. The Nobleman returned to England, bringing with him a Fosterling. He rose Yannic as his youngest son, teaching him the ways of Honor, Chivalry, and the Code of Battle.
Banner: My field is white, there is black on the top and bottom going horizontally. There is a Prussian Falcon in the center of the white field. The Falcon does not have a crown, and has a sword in one talon and a roll of paper in the other.
--------
Ranged Weapons:
Troops: 15/17 Kotselta Seaxe (Short spears, Bucklers, Tunics: Free men trained to defend their homes when needed), 5/7 Fian (Short Spears, Buckler, 5 Javelins)
-------

Maybe he's a commie. We'll dub the store "Lenin's Pride."

How much for a decent set of armor and a good shield?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:
-------

Well an armorer can make a good Bernie, for 5000 scillignas

also a big round shield, or some other type?

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:
-------

A kite shield would be nice.

Sonuva*****, something that would cost around 1000 Scallingas?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:
-------

You're 4 centuries early, this is the 7th century, the early medieval period, good metals for armor are harder to come by, most warriors use spears, short swords, bucklers, rectangular, H or other oddly shaped shields. They were lucky to have a thick leather or heavy pelt to protect them rather then metal

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:
-------

Oh, well, a rectangular shield sounds nice. What's some good armor that would fit into my wealth?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:
-------

Alright, it's slightly bigger then a buckler, and obviously longer then wide, it'll be 700 scillingas

well most warriors who can't afford metal armor, well other then helmets, helmets are cheap, wear leather, thick cloaks or heavy hides. Most of it does little to stole a determined spear stab, or arrow, or javelin. But it can soften sword, axe, or club hits

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:
-------

I'll take the round shield and trade in my small round shield.

Okay, sounds good. If I take the cloak, will I look like a Night's Watchman? ... Regardless, I'll take the heavy cloak.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:
-------

ok, 650 scillingas

no it's larger and thicker. The heavy cloak adds onto your tunic. for 800 scillingas

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:
Armor & Possessions: Tunic, Heavy Cloak, Rectangular shield
Treasury: 550 Scallingas

Sounds good, I'll take it. I've taken the liberty of updating my sheet.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:

cool cool.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

So, what can I do to win the favor of my men?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:

winning battles is a pretty good idea.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

Hah, soldiers' love of their officer has led to many victories. Could I pay for better accommodations for them? Pay a rancher or some such to lend his barn?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:

they're living in the castle courtyard, where all the other soldiers are,

Showing 301-315 of 370