ForumsForum GamesBretwalda (English Dark Ages RPG)

370 105172
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Oh vassal, who is your lord? Be you Pict? Briton? Irish? Perhaps even a Northman? Are you a virtuous Christian or a Pagan fluent in the rituals and sacrifices?

You are a vassal lord in the realm of Britain around the late 7th early 8th century. Your duties include raising armies to fight when war comes and keeping peace around the realm, and by that it means brutalizing the peasants and killing bandits.

Name:Irish, Celtic, Breton, Welsh will work
Physical Desc.: Please know a lot of people (as in 90%) in the dark ages weren't tall or really muscled
Bio: At least a paragraph
People: (i.e. Germanic, Breton, Irish, Welsh, Pict, Scandinavian...)
--------
Hand Weapons:
Ranged Weapons:
Armor & Possessions:
-------
Condition: Nil

That should be it, unless i left something out.

• 370 Replies
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Yannic Gwallter Cecil
Physical Desc.: Brown-hair, pale, dark-brown eyes, 5'8, scrawny.
Bio: No one really knows who Yannic was born unto. He was found as naught but a babe on the side of the road by a minor Nobleman who had business in Germany. One of his guards made a snarky comment about the &quotoor peasant child in the side of the road" and the Nobleman ordered the carriage to stop. A soldier brought Yannic forth, and he was wrapped in soft blankets with a House's symbol, too muddled to identify. The Nobleman returned to England, bringing with him a Fosterling. He rose Yannic as his youngest son, teaching him the ways of Honor, Chivalry, and the Code of Battle.
People: Germanic
Banner: My field is white, there is black on the top and bottom going horizontally. There is a Prussian Falcon in the center of the white field. The Falcon does not have a crown, and has a sword in one talon and a roll of paper in the other.
Kingdom: Suth Seaxe
--------
Hand Weapons: Small Axe
Ranged Weapons:
Armor & Possessions: Tunic, Heavy Cloak, Rectangular shield
Treasury: 550 Scallingas
Troops: 15/17 Kotselta Seaxe (Short spears, Bucklers, Tunics: Free men trained to defend their homes when needed), 5/7 Fian (Short Spears, Buckler, 5 Javelins)

Guess I can't make their situation any better. Could I sleep with them in the courtyard?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: No one really knows who Yannic was born unto. He was found as naught but a babe on the side of the road by a minor Nobleman who had business in Germany. One of his guards made a snarky comment about the &quotoor peasant child in the side of the road" and the Nobleman ordered the carriage to stop. A soldier brought Yannic forth, and he was wrapped in soft blankets with a House's symbol, too muddled to identify. The Nobleman returned to England, bringing with him a Fosterling. He rose Yannic as his youngest son, teaching him the ways of Honor, Chivalry, and the Code of Battle.
Banner: My field is white, there is black on the top and bottom going horizontally. There is a Prussian Falcon in the center of the white field. The Falcon does not have a crown, and has a sword in one talon and a roll of paper in the other.
--------
Ranged Weapons:
Troops: 15/17 Kotselta Seaxe (Short spears, Bucklers, Tunics: Free men trained to defend their homes when needed), 5/7 Fian (Short Spears, Buckler, 5 Javelins)

Why? It'd just make you a joke among nobles. And do you want to be a good soldier, or a good noble?

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

Well, the way I saw it, the soldiers might resent me and other nobles for thinking we have a right to better accommodations and they don't. For now, I'll refrain from sleeping with them. But, could I sit down with some random group to chat with? (I can just imagine their reaction. "Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?&quot

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Yannic Gwallter CecilAge: 16Physical Desc.: Brown-hair, pale, dark-brown eyes, 5'8, scrawny.Bio: No one really knows who Yannic was born unto. He was found as naught but a babe on the side of the road by a minor Nobleman who had business in Germany. One of his guards made a snarky comment about the &quotoor peasant child in the side of the road" and the Nobleman ordered the carriage to stop. A soldier brought Yannic forth, and he was wrapped in soft blankets with a House's symbol, too muddled to identify. The Nobleman returned to England, bringing with him a Fosterling. He rose Yannic as his youngest son, teaching him the ways of Honor, Chivalry, and the Code of Battle.People: GermanicBanner: My field is white, there is black on the top and bottom going horizontally. There is a Prussian Falcon in the center of the white field. The Falcon does not have a crown, and has a sword in one talon and a roll of paper in the other.Kingdom: Suth Seaxe--------Hand Weapons: Small AxeRanged Weapons:Armor & Possessions: Tunic, Heavy Cloak, Rectangular shieldTreasury: 550 ScallingasTroops: 15/17 Kotselta Seaxe (Short spears, Bucklers, Tunics: Free men trained to defend their homes when needed), 5/7 Fian (Short Spears, Buckler, 5 Javelins)

they resent Nobles for a lot of reasons but it's better to be a good Noble then a good soldier in this era.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

That's unfortunate. Well, can I at least chat with a group of them?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Yannic Gwallter CecilAge: 16Physical Desc.: Brown-hair, pale, dark-brown eyes, 5'8, scrawny.Bio: No one really knows who Yannic was born unto. He was found as naught but a babe on the side of the road by a minor Nobleman who had business in Germany. One of his guards made a snarky comment about the &quotoor peasant child in the side of the road" and the Nobleman ordered the carriage to stop. A soldier brought Yannic forth, and he was wrapped in soft blankets with a House's symbol, too muddled to identify. The Nobleman returned to England, bringing with him a Fosterling. He rose Yannic as his youngest son, teaching him the ways of Honor, Chivalry, and the Code of Battle.People: GermanicBanner: My field is white, there is black on the top and bottom going horizontally. There is a Prussian Falcon in the center of the white field. The Falcon does not have a crown, and has a sword in one talon and a roll of paper in the other.Kingdom: Suth Seaxe--------Hand Weapons: Small AxeRanged Weapons:Armor & Possessions: Tunic, Heavy Cloak, Rectangular shieldTreasury: 550 ScallingasTroops: 15/17 Kotselta Seaxe (Short spears, Bucklers, Tunics: Free men trained to defend their homes when needed), 5/7 Fian (Short Spears, Buckler, 5 Javelins)

**** sheets are messed up whenever I use this tablet.

well you can strike up a conversation but you get little in the way of real information.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

That's all I want, really.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

you want information you want to talk, because if you want to talk then you better started because they are going to talk to you just for the hell of it.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

"Hello there, lads. How's the pig?"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:

"Succulent and tasty, why do you ask sir?"

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

"Because I couldn't enjoy the food with all those up-tight nobles." I say as I steal a piece of the pig. "One of them mistook me for a servant, not even a soldier. Can you believe that? At least you guys are straight with me." I say before I eat a piece of the pig.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:

"So uh sir...do you know the plan tomorrow?" one asks awkwardly, it being odd you being there in the first place.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

"Can't tell you, as much as I wish I could. There might be a Frank spy somewhere or, God forbid, a noble hears about it and throws a fit. Sorry." Seemingly noticing their awkwardness, I make an attempt to crack a bawdy joke. "So, what's soft and inviting? ... A silk bed, you dirty-minded *******s."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

--------
Ranged Weapons:

*insert forced laughter*

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

--------
Ranged Weapons:

"Okay, I'll leave you boys to it. Good talk, let's do it again sometime." I get up and go to my lodgings.

Showing 316-330 of 370