ForumsThe TavernAnyone else depressed?

24 19119
mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

Idk im just feeling kinda down i figured why not come here im not trying to fish for comliments (i hate those kinds of people) im just trying to have a conversation

• 24 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I've been spared until now this year, but I often have sort of winter 'depressions'; I figure yours might be a similar problem coming up? Best is always to go out for a walk, get some fresh air and especially day-light.

mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

Thats good advice but unfortunatly it didnt help that much but i'll keep doing it Thanks

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

My annual depression always starts around the same time every year, usually in mid-October. I become more hopeful in spring, and in summer, I'm pretty carefree. But come fall and it is I who has fallen into depression. During spring, I'm hopeful for summer, and in summer, I'm hopeful that, before the summer ends, I'll find a nice female person who will want to be with me for an indeterminate amount of time (I can't be too picky). Being in the school environment, the beginning of the year is the time every meets each other, but by fall, everyone pretty much knows each other, and by then, my mind tells me that none of them (females) have any interest in being more than friends with me. This is the third year in a row where I've been plagued with this relatively uninteresting form of depression, but at this point it doesn't even bother me.

So that's my logic. Probably not helpful at all for you, but at least you know you're not the only one who suffers from this condition.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I also suffer from depression. Although, now that I'm on medication, it seems to have diminished into the back of my mind. Before the medication, the depression usually came from my Body Dysmorphic Disorder ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder ), which came from being rejected by multiple people throughout high school.
I have a tendency to bottle things up inside. After reaching my breaking point, I began to self mutilate myself. This caused my main doctor to look at my mental health, where we discovered my severe depression (seriously, how did he not know just by looking at me? I looked like I had just murdered my family), and he prescribed me medication and a therapist.
To this day you can see where I had literally sliced giant chunks of my arm off (disgusting, I know. But bottling up that much depression for a decade without letting even a little out makes you do crazy things).

I recommend seeing a doctor for your depression. Medication isn't always the answer however; He'll point you in the direction of a therapist, (and no, they are not just for crazy people), who can help you deal with your emotions and lower your depression. Don't end up like me, and bottle it all up inside.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I'm not depressed, just a mildly content absurdist.

To this day you can see where I had literally sliced giant chunks of my arm off

Better than this.
mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

No terry it helped it is called anyone else depreased so yeah and it helped me think it might just be the season

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I am currently in the happy cycle of my life.

Before wrong (faster if I keep thinking about it) I will enter the depressed cycle for 1-2 hours before going back to happy (welllllll, not sad anyway)

~~~Darth Caedus

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

There's depression, and then there's depression.

Feel free to talk about yourself,* and as you can see I'm sure you'll find some listeners.

* But, anywhere and always on the web, keep in mind what you won't mind having said or disclosed so much later down the line.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I get depressed occasionally. Mostly from not being able to find a GF, but most of the time I'm pretty easy going.

Usually when major events occur at school, like homecoming is when I really feel bad... Seeing everyone else going to all this trouble buying flowers and stuff for their girlfriends, and I can't even do that....

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Depression can sometimes be one of the most difficult obstacles for a person to overcome. I was there once, and it was awful! I didn't want to get out of bed or go to school, or do anything for that matter... I had absolutely no motivation whatsoever!

What you must always remember is that, even though it may not seem like it at the time, things will always get better! It may not seem that way sometimes, but if you keep your attitude and your outlook on life positive, your depression will eventually subside! I'm sure you've heard this all before, but if you haven't, and even if you have, I hope you at least take this advice into consideration! You'll feel a lot better if you do! =)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Seeing everyone else going to all this trouble buying flowers and stuff for their girlfriends, and I can't even do that....

You mean you can't waste time, money, and effort on someone that uses you for personal gain? What a drag.

things will always get better!

* except when they don't
Sure, a positive outlook can be helpful. Things can get better, but to say things will always get better is flat out wrong. Just as they can get better, they could also get worse.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

You mean you can't waste time, money, and effort on someone that uses you for personal gain? What a drag.

Obviously, you don't realize the joy that such things can give you.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I didn't want to get out of bed or go to school, or do anything for that matter... I had absolutely no motivation whatsoever!

That sounds like me on a weekend.

I'd rather waste time, money, and effort on someone that uses me for their personal gain than waste that same time on the internet for nobody's personal gain.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I, too, have been feeling a bit un-wrinkled and without my folds =/

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Sure, a positive outlook can be helpful. Things can get better, but to say things will always get better is flat out wrong. Just as they can get better, they could also get worse.

Here we have AG's local pessimist, tourists. On to the next exhibit!

Oh, before we continue, I disagree with that. Probably because I've always been a happy person, and stuff indeed always gets better for me. Well, what's the worst that can happen? Death? I don't know.
Showing 1-15 of 24