ForumsThe TavernAnyone else depressed?

24 19127
mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

Idk im just feeling kinda down i figured why not come here im not trying to fish for comliments (i hate those kinds of people) im just trying to have a conversation

• 24 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Things can get better, but to say things will always get better is flat out wrong.

It sure is with that attitude!

But you're right, that was a pretty vague way of expressing that point... basically, what I was trying to get across was, if you keep your attitude and your outlook on life positive, no matter how things end up turning out, you'll perceive them to be better than if you have a negative attitude. Probably goes without saying, but some people just need to hear it! Again, I worded it badly, so the fact that my message was misconstrued was entirely my fault, and for that I apologize! I'll try and keep things less ambiguous from now on! -)

That sounds like me on a weekend.

It doesn't have to!

I'd rather waste time, money, and effort on someone that uses me for their personal gain than waste that same time on the internet for nobody's personal gain.

That's the spirit!

Probably because I've always been a happy person, and stuff indeed always gets better for me. Well, what's the worst that can happen? Death? I don't know.

Now THAT'S a positive outlook on life! And death! =)
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Here we have AG's local pessimist

I'm not a pessimist, just pragmatic.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I'm not a pessimist, just pragmatic.

That's what you want to think. The reality is much different, sir.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Wait who fixed the spelling??!! NOW MY JOKE IS RUINED!

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Wait who fixed the spelling??!! NOW MY JOKE IS RUINED!

Deal with it ;:P
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

It doesn't have to!

It doesn't help, of course, that there's already nothing to do on weekends here. Lying there doing nothing > sitting there doing nothing.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Yeah, I get depressed too, more often then most people. I regret things I've done and specially things I haven't done. I was not brave enough to face some situations. I try not think how **** my life when I go for a walk on the beach (I live near it). Sometimes it helps.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I don't wish to go into detail on this subject but I had depression over a period of two and a half years around Winter 2011-2013. Nobody knew about it because like a lot of people I bottled everything up and almost had a split identity, so many things in my life had added to it and it progressively got worse until as you can guess I started to self-harm/ become suicidal and a lot of bad **** happened. It is one of the weirdest things because you can't really describe depression; because everyones different. I dealt most of two years with it through music which I really conected with. Anyway my parents found out and sent me to therapy in September, still in it and feeling better.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't be able to call myself Didact if I wasn't depressed, so yeah... I'm kinda depressed. But I'm trying to work on it.

Showing 16-24 of 24