ForumsWEPRImmigrants

17 10916
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Every country deal with them. But not everyone is in the same opinion about it.

What donyou say? And i dont mean to a bunch of buissnes mans getting from country to country, but to these peoples fromnpoor countries, which many of the "native" residens quite fear sometimes. These you see cleaning floors and gardening. These that Fashist little groups look for wvery crime done by them and use it as a "reason" to show how bad they are.

What do you think? What can be done? What should be done? What could be the "best case scenario"?

• 17 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Immigrants aren't usually a hot topic, but Illegal Immigrants are.

Opposition that wants stricter removal of Illegal Immigrants say that they are damaging to the country's economy, but that simply isn't the case. They contribute plenty to the economy by merely paying for consumer products, because every price comes with a Tax that then goes to the government. By living in a house, they are subject to a property tax and the taxes that come with the uses of being in a house. So while they insist that illegal immigration is a heavy strain on the economy, the loss is instead an insignificant difference.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Let's have a look at some prejudices against (illegal) immigrants..

They take jobs away
In Germany, they are in need of working men, even the immigrants they have cannot fill that hole.
In my country, there have been this year again many vacant places for apprenticeships.
So, clearly, there are no jobs to be taken away, only vacant places to be filled.

They are not enough integrated
Who's to blame? In my country, people waiting to be accepted are accommodated with other immigrants in small, provisionary locations, usually with not much contact with the local residents as those don't want to have them in their village. Granted, there will always be the kind of people living for years in a country and making no effort to adapt, but that's not the general image.

They have a higher crime rate
Statistically, probably. Why? For the above-mentioned reasons.. they are placed with other immigrants in small places without much to do of their time and minimal means of support. I can't base it on any statistics but I would claim that there's a clear effect due to their situation, which is what the country organises. If you keep foreigners away from the local population, there's gonna be tensions. If you don't give immigrants the possibility to work, do something, they're gonna end up getting their money themselves...
Also, there are reasons to think that judges in my country are harsher in their judgement towards immigrants/foreigners than towards natives, which automatically results in an apparent higher crime rate, even with the same actions.

What I personally think of the issue is that we do need to be strict about immigration to a certain degree, but we also need to undertake more efforts from our side in order to improve the situation of the immigrants that are in our country; they're a reality that cannot be segregated in some base away from any local resident. Both sides will profit.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

With the lack of jobs already, I can't imagine why people would want to move to the United States. I'm against illegal immigrants completely, but the real people who are responsible are those who hire these illegal immigrants, as well as outsource jobs.
Put stricter regulations on the border of Mexico: Do a thorough search of everything in the vehicle, do a thorough background check of everyone in the vehicle, and hire some people to build a large wall around the border.
I know a couple people who run a carnival, and almost every single person running the stalls and rides is an illegal immigrant. I have talked to these people, to try and get them to hire Americans; It's cheaper for them to go into Mexico, smuggle over a bunch of people, and then hire those same people, than to simply hire American citizens.
Many business owners do this. It ruins our economy, removes jobs from the market, and causes prices to inflate.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Considering my country borned century's two largest exoduses, things turned out pretty well.So, I don't see an issue with immigration.
Actually, first one comprised half of our population at the time which brought brightest minds with it.
Second one brought drugs and guns with it but it turned out well.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

. It ruins our economy, removes jobs from the market, and causes prices to inflate.

I get the first 3 points but how does this inflate prices?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I get the first 3 points but how does this inflate prices?

A big expense is medical stuff. Hospitals that take in illegals still need to help them recover. This costs money that most of them don't have, making the hospital absorb their expenses and pass it off to the people who pay by raising costs.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

A big expense is medical stuff. Hospitals that take in illegals still need to help them recover. This costs money that most of them don't have, making the hospital absorb their expenses and pass it off to the people who pay by raising costs.

Seeing as your hospitals are kind of greedy buggers already I think its unfair to put it on immigrants.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Seeing as your hospitals are kind of greedy I think its unfair to put it on immigrants.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Cracked
Why can't I post links?

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i dont mind immigrants who come to my country and live [or others that go to another country and lives] because maybe they have a dream to be there? or got a good job and had to move? i just hate it when people cant speak the country itself main language AT ALL like alot of mexicans i seen here in the states

either know enough to get by until you learn more or have someone with you at all times who speaks the native language

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i dont mind immigrants who come to my country and live [or others that go to another country and lives] because maybe they have a dream to be there? or got a good job and had to move? i just hate it when people cant speak the country itself main language AT ALL like alot of mexicans i seen here in the states

either know enough to get by until you learn more or have someone with you at all times who speaks the native language

this. actually i pretty much love immigrants. they bring their own cultures and languages to new places and i find it very interesting and fun to see that. but yeah... i cant stand it when they cant speak the language. over here your chances of getting most jobs decrease if you dont speak russian. when i did community service and answered and called people on the phone about 40% of the times i had to redirect the call to someone who spoke russian
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Amen. I mean, here in Israel, there are Immigrants from Erithrea and Sudan (Iilegal), and most of them know basic hebrew, some only 3 mounths after ariving. Yet, there are jewish peoples who came to Israel in rhe 1970-80, some even befor, and onky the childrens know hebrew (some of them as a seconde language oronly on kindergarden).
But that cultural thing i think. They are not willing to just delete rherw culture and identity. This is there parents language.

What i "love" about immigrant, is that they get the most haterad from the last group who "joined". The russians hate the Africans, the Irish (USA) Hate the Italians and so on. I mean, ****, you were in that positio sometimes not more than 10 years ago. How could you?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What i "love" about immigrant, is that they get the most haterad from the last group who "joined". The russians hate the Africans, the Irish (USA) Hate the Italians and so on. I mean, ****, you were in that positio sometimes not more than 10 years ago. How could you?

Sometimes it's the people that have migratory/foreign family history that are more patriotic than those without. I don't know why, but yeah.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

The fun fact is, that a wave of UnPatriotism is swaping Europe and USA. Im not 100% sure its scale, but as the Internet portrait it, peoples seem to be less patriotic. While the "new" citizens, which are some times not a large part of these "Liberalic" groups, tend to still care.

So in case of a global war, these peoples may fight under there quite new banner with more zealotly then the "old" citizens. Maybe even against the old homeland (and i dont talk about immigrants who fled because there countries were suppresive for them. Italians serving in USA in WW2, not european jews in US army in WW2).

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The fun fact is, that a wave of UnPatriotism is swaping Europe and USA. Im not 100% sure its scale, but as the Internet portrait it, peoples seem to be less patriotic. While the "new" citizens, which are some times not a large part of these "Liberalic" groups, tend to still care.

No....I think there's a hardened sentiment of patriotism amongst the natives, or a better phrase would be the sinister rise of reactionary nationalism. It's natural for people to feel pushy and unhappy when immigrants are competing for jobs and houses and schools, but the increased wave of nationalism that borders more towards xenophobia, such as Golden Dawn and the BNP is frightening.

That's what I gather though. I can't really comprehend your positions...
Showing 1-15 of 17