ForumsThe TavernTavern Makeover!

12 3225
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Alright peeps..so after going back to Forum Games tonight, I noticed about like 100 users that I've never seen before..but all seem to be quite regular in the section. This has backed up the idea that there are many users that post in that section and nowhere else...presumably because of easy gain for post count.

Now, we all know that we need activity all through the forums..many o' threads have been made on the subject..but that isn't what this is.

This thread is for giving the Tavern a beautiful makeover to draw the attention of those users wasting their potential over in Forum Games!
After we are done, The Tavern is going to look oh so fabulous

Of course..locking perfectly acceptable threads probably doesn't help >=(...but I digress.

• 12 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

How do makeover? What thread do? Some people don't think it be like it is, but it do.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Of course..locking perfectly acceptable threads probably doesn't help >=(...but I digress.

Disregard pl0x

How do makeover? What thread do? Some people don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Do what we do and it come.

But in all seriousness..I actually want this to be more of a discussion around the social construct of our forums..or more specifically, how people are drawn to the idea of posts, which causes them to be more focused on posting in forum games, because of that fast and easy post count rising ability.
Basically, bring out the idea that a forum and posts should have more focus in quality than quantity.

And what says quality more than a quality makeover?? =D
[This may or may not have been a poor attempt to tie in point of thread to title and OP]

But I'm not expecting us to try and come up with answers here..but just discuss it all...like one would in a social-psychology class during group discussion time.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

People still care about post count? I thought the ganking of AP (never forget) stopped that . If that's the case, merits should still be an even bigger prize.The tavern should probably have some merit sanctioned threads. Maybe a contest or something.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

People still care about post count? I thought the ganking of AP (never forget) stopped that

Just hop on over to Forum Games..there are a bunch of users that post there that I have never seen..yet have a few hundred posts.

The tavern should probably have some merit sanctioned threads. Maybe a contest or something.

Now the question comes about of what those would consist of?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Just hop on over to Forum Games..there are a bunch of users that post there that I have never seen..yet have a few hundred posts.

I don't think FG posts count for that.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I don't think FG posts count for that.

For post count? They do..happened some months ago.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Pangel, the reason is that forum games are, well, games. Not everyone are into talking, or find the tread that is interesting for them. No one post just to post.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Never will the Forum Games stop being the hub of activity in Armor Games Forums, never have they in past times done so, and never in the future will such blasphemy take place, lest the Earth and all its inhabitants are destroyed.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

never have they in past times done so

That's false. Back when I came back to the forums and started being active in Forum Games it was actually quite quiet in there. Mostly just Waldorf, Darkfire, StormDragon, some name with blocks or something I can't remembre, and myself
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

So wait, I have three questions for you.

1. Why give the Tavern a make over? I like the old wooden seats and the mold in the bathrooms.

2. Why so many spam threads?

3. Where do you buy your weed?

Don't look at me like that.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

evilsweetblock was who I was thinking of

1. Why give the Tavern a make over? I like the old wooden seats and the mold in the bathrooms.

Well can keep those..I was just thinking of adding some more things to make it more inviting.

2. Why so many spam threads?

I made one thread that was on the line! D=<

3. Where do you buy your weed?

Merely dandelions
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

One thing I struggle with a bit in the tavern, as well as a few other places in the forums, sometimes, although not always, is that some threads are primarily applicable to Americans. Seeing as I myself am not an American, many times I just don't have much to contribute to these threads. Forum games are usually easy for pretty much anyone to contribute to. I realize a fair number of people here are American though,so this is probably just a small thing.

Showing 1-12 of 12