Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Heavy Metal

Posted Dec 20, '13 at 9:30pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

Blimey, you've been missing some fun aye

I can't imagine being shoved around and possibly trampled on being fun... Unless I'm the one doing the shoving and trampling! :P

Posted Dec 20, '13 at 10:04pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

I can't imagine being shoved around and possibly trampled on being fun... Unless I'm the one doing the shoving and trampling! :P

That's the spirit old chap.

Posted Dec 21, '13 at 1:05am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Anyway, Korpiklaani was awesome simply due to their music

My envy level..'tis high.

I'm also surprised you moshpitted for them rather than a group drinkfest

Posted Dec 21, '13 at 7:23am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

It's shove and be shoved, buddy. But as long as people are reasonable it's fun. I fell down once, they helped me up immediately.

I'm also surprised you moshpitted for them rather than a group drinkfest

Not like I was sober when they started.. but just imagine, they start playing the song Vodka: what would you rather do, have another beer or go moshing?

Posted Dec 21, '13 at 9:45pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

Not like I was sober when they started.. but just imagine, they start playing the song Vodka: what would you rather do, have another beer or go moshing?

Both?

Posted Dec 22, '13 at 1:45am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Have the beer go moshing

Posted Dec 23, '13 at 1:53pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Have the beer go moshing

Man, drinks at those things are so expensive. Last one I went to was selling red Solo cups of Budweiser for five bucks, and Jägermeister 'shots' for six. I would of had to double my budget just to get tipsy.

Back to musik!

I'm assuming everyone has heard of Opeth? They're pretty much my jam when at a bar...when I want said bar to clear out really fast.

Posted Dec 23, '13 at 6:30pm

NontroppO

NontroppO

365 posts

http://i43.tinypic.com/t8sy8i.jpg
Random cover i like: (2009) What We All Come To Need
Pelican (2011) live from SLO Brew [sludge & drone & doom metal] United States
- Couldn't find my favorite Pelican: "March Into The Sea"

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nscp5i.jpg
Random cover i like: (2009) By The Light Of The Northern Star
Týr (2003) Eric The Red [folk metal] Faroe Islands
- Since the very first moment i listened to this album i enjoyed Týr, not sure if there is another band with the same sound and if other albums would fill my need

http://i41.tinypic.com/2e56100.jpg
Random cover i like: (1998) Das Schachbrett Des Trommelbuben Zacharias [actually there are not many or any good quality covers available]
Angizia (1997) Die Kemenaten Scharlachroter Lichter [symphonic & gothic & doom metal] Austria
- I like the female voices alongside with the piano too, really interesting stuff.

Posted Dec 23, '13 at 10:37pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

I'm assuming everyone has heard of Opeth? They're pretty much my jam when at a bar...when I want said bar to clear out really fast.

I'm half-half with this one; I like it's prog rock/jazz/early metal/folk feel, but I still don't completely feel comfortable with the death metal elements to their sound.

Posted Dec 24, '13 at 2:25am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Couldn't find my favorite Pelican: "March Into The Sea"

I'm pretty sure that is everyone's favorite song by them =p

Týr

Yeeesssss.
Yesssssssssssssss

Reply to Heavy Metal

You must be logged in to post a reply!