ForumsForum GamesMonstar Tournament (Tournament RPG)

10 3562
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

*Partially taken from idea's, but I actually had this in my head for a while.*

Shortly after a massive war with the forces of evil, the world was plunged into chaos. Few people had money, and those that did used it to take even more from those who didn't. But one person had an amazing idea which revitalised the world. The... Monstar Tournaments! Anyone, as long as they have a living being they can enter, can participate to get have a chance at winning prizes while hundreds are entertained. To make things even more interesting, there are booths set up where you can feed your animal magical food to make it even more powerful.

You won't have much control of your animal inside the areana, but you can train it outside the areana. You can get a day job too if you want to get some extra money, even go on some quests if you're bored with tournaments. Change anything with brackets in the character sheet.

CS
You
Name: (This is your name.)
Personality: (Optional.)
Bio: (Personality)
Money: 100 gold (You buy stuff with this.)
Equipment: None (You can equip you're gladiators with this stuff.)
----------------------------
Gladiator 1
Name: (This is your first gladiator's name.)
Species: Rottwieler
Attack: 20 (This is how much damage you're gladiator does.)
Defense: 5 (This is how resistant you're gladiator is to damage.)
Health: 50 (This is how much damage you're gladiator can take.)
Temperment: -10 (This is how aggresive you're gladiator is. 0 is attack anything that attacks it, - numbers are aggresive, + numbers are it befriends other things more often than not.)
Perks: None (You get perks through mutations.)
Equipment: None (What you've equipped to you're gladiator.)

• 10 Replies
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Name: SweetBlock
Personality: Very agressive, loves his creatures as much as he would his own son.
Bio: (Equals personality....)
Money: 100 gold
Equipment: None
Gladiator 1
Name: Fluffy, Cutest of the Cud'ly Clan
Attack: 20
Defense: 5
Health: 50
Temperment: -10
Perks: None

Aww, you used my Non-Interactive arena Idea! How sweet of you.
(Oh yea, I just gave my epic rottwieler a gurly name. TAKE THAT LOGIC!

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Personality: Very agressive, loves his creatures as much as he would his own son.
Gladiator 1
Intelligence: 2 (How well you're gladiator understands strategy. 0 is completely uncomprehending, 1000 means he's smarter than you are. A lot smarter.)

*I actually did have that idea in my head for a while. And the bio=equaling personality was a typo, I meant it to be lifestory. And I just realised that I need to add the stat 'intelligence'.*

You approach the arena gates, hoping to enter and win the Super-Ultimate-Grand-Amzazing-Tournament for an amazing 1 000 000 gold with Fluffy, who you believe in with all your heart. But when you try to enter the guy who handles that stuff just laughed in your face and put your in the Tier 1 tournament and told you that you'd have a chance to win the Super-Ultimate-Grand-Amzazing-Tournament once you've beaten like, a thousand other monsters. He directs you to a waiting area where you can buy boosters and mutations for you're pet, as well as buy equipment and go over strategies (Not that a rottweiler can understand strategies at all at this point.)

Boosters(Temporary mutations which last 1 round.)

Strength Boost: The muscles of your gladiator get about twice as powerful. (Remember, muscles are used for virtually everything physcial, not just attacking.) 20 gold.

Intelligence Boost: You're gladiator's brain becomes about four times as powerful. 20 gold.

Hide Boost: Refering to whatever is covering your gladiator, be it skin, scales, or a gelatinous substance, it will be about twice as powerful. 20 gold.

Flight Boost: Allows your gladiator to fly. 80 gold.

Mutations (Permanent, until you buy another contradicting mutation, traits. Warning: Different mutations can combine together in strange ways. For example, telekineses and fire breath and it could learn basic pyrokineses.)

Bigger Teeth: Bigger, sharper, harder teeth that are even better for tearing into the flesh of your enemies 50 gold.

Bigger Claws: Bigger, sharper, harder claws that are even better for tearing into the flesh of your enemies 50 gold

Harder tail: A bigger, harder tail that is actual useful for clubbing the flesh of your enemies 30 gold

Size Boost: Despite the name, it's permanent. Your gladiator will grow about fifty percent and stay proportional. 80 gold.

Telekineses, Simple: Your gladiator will have basic telekineses.

Equipment:

A funky hat: A funky velvetine hat. Who knows what it's doing in a gladiator equipment shop? 60 gold.

Basic Leather Armor: Leather armor which covers several key parts of the gladiator. Adds 7 to defence. 40 gold.

Basic steel armor: Steel armor which covers several key parts. Adds 14 to defence. 90 gold.

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Namearren Whitefort
Bio: Light-browned boy with Black hair. Serious and prefers to have the company of his gladiators only.
Gladiator 1
Name: Chaos

I dont understand the temperment.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Namearren Whitefort
Bio: Light-browned boy with Black hair. Serious and prefers to have the company of his gladiators only.
Gladiator 1

*It's how aggresive it is. If it has a temperment of say 100, then it would run up to you and start cuddling. If it has a temperment of say -100, then it would run up to you and eat your face.*

You approach the arena gates, hoping to enter and win the Super-Ultimate-Grand-Amzazing-Tournament for an amazing 1 000 000 gold with Chaos, who you believe in with all your heart. But when you try to enter the guy who handles that stuff just laughed in your face and put your in the Tier 1 tournament and told you that you'd have a chance to win the Super-Ultimate-Grand-Amzazing-Tournament once you've beaten like, a thousand other monsters. He directs you to a waiting area where you can buy boosters and mutations for you're pet, as well as buy equipment and go over strategies (Not that a rottweiler can understand strategies at all at this point.)

Boosters(Temporary mutations which last 1 round.)

Strength Boost: The muscles of your gladiator get about twice as powerful. (Remember, muscles are used for virtually everything physcial, not just attacking.) 20 gold.

Intelligence Boost: You're gladiator's brain becomes about four times as powerful. 20 gold.

Hide Boost: Refering to whatever is covering your gladiator, be it skin, scales, or a gelatinous substance, it will be about twice as powerful. 20 gold.

Flight Boost: Allows your gladiator to fly. 80 gold.

Mutations (Permanent, until you buy another contradicting mutation, traits. Warning: Different mutations can combine together in strange ways. For example, telekineses and fire breath and it could learn basic pyrokineses.)

Bigger Teeth: Bigger, sharper, harder teeth that are even better for tearing into the flesh of your enemies 50 gold.

Bigger Claws: Bigger, sharper, harder claws that are even better for tearing into the flesh of your enemies 50 gold

Harder tail: A bigger, harder tail that is actual useful for clubbing the flesh of your enemies 30 gold

Size Boost: Despite the name, it's permanent. Your gladiator will grow about fifty percent and stay proportional. 80 gold.

Telekineses, Simple: Your gladiator will have basic telekineses.

Equipment:

A funky hat: A funky velvetine hat. Who knows what it's doing in a gladiator equipment shop? 60 gold.

Basic Leather Armor: Leather armor which covers several key parts of the gladiator. Adds 7 to defence. 40 gold.

Basic steel armor: Steel armor which covers several key parts. Adds 14 to defence. 90 gold.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Gladiator 1
Intelligence: 2 (How well you're gladiator understands strategy. 0 is completely uncomprehending, 1000 means he's smarter than you are. A lot smarter.)

I'll bai (I USE GRAMMERS!) the bigger claws and bigger teethies.
and then talk to my pet the way a 7 year old takes to a pet.
"Oh Fluffies you can win, these people are no match for you. Remember your the cutest of the Cud'ly clan Blah Blah Blah, inspirational words"

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Bio:
Money: 0 gold
Gladiator 1
Attack: 30
Intelligence: 2
Health: 55

Fluffy seems to be getting pumped for the fight, and you're now told what the setup is going to be. You have little while to go over you're strategy, be it simple or so complex you don't even understand.

Match 1
Fluffy, Rottwieler vs Gray, Pigeon.

Match 2
Chaos, Rottwieler vs Dave, Large Tomcat

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Bio:
Gladiator 1
Perks: Large claws
Large Teeth

Ok fluffies, your job is to maul that pigeon and then eat it. NOW GO BOY!

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Namearren Whitefort
Gladiator 1

I'll buy the basic steel armor.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Bio:
Gladiator 1
Temperment: -12
Large Teeth

It is teleported into the colleseum (Picture roman times), and immeadietly charges toward the pigeon. Gray lifts into the air just intime to avoid being mauled, but then Fluffy jumps, smacks Gray with a paw, and you win! He seems fairly bloodthirsty after this, but of course he would never hurt you

Namearren Whitefort
Money: 10 gold
Gladiator 1
Defense: 19

After buying the steel armor, you are told that you have send Chaos into the arena now. You have time for one last pep talk.

Match 1
Fluffy, Rottwieler vs Gray, Pigeon. (Fluffy won.)

Match 2
Chaos, Rottwieler vs Dave, Large Tomcat

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Bio:
Gladiator 1
Temperment: -12
Large Teeth

I go into the waiting room for the next tourny and say
"Good boy Fluffy! Goood booooy! You wanna treatie? daddy gonna go find you a treatie." I then go look around for a dog treat and use my round winnings (if I get any) to buy fluffy a treat.

Showing 1-10 of 10