LightWarriorK

48 posts

Thanks Ferret!

Posted Jan 13, '14 at 6:06pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

@LightWarriorK
IDK why you can't play the games, I think that is a computer issue, also you have to think about the older community, seeing you have only become re-active and obviously more people aren't jumping on the discussion, I would say for most the No adds would not be enough to push this...

~~Black~~

Posted Jan 13, '14 at 6:15pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

673 posts

I would say for most the No adds would not be enough to push this...

It would have other advantages, no adds would be one of the main ones, possibly beta testing exclusive stuff or a special quest or something, there are endless possibilities to the "Premium" AG account.

Posted Jan 13, '14 at 7:11pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

I was kind of hoping the idea would get more traction, either pro or con.

As such (and as another mere mortal member ;) ), I think it's not a bad idea.

Hope us non-paying members won't eventually be dealt too much of a spam-filled hard time ;)

Posted Jan 13, '14 at 7:14pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

IDK why you can't play the games, I think that is a computer issue,

Blackbelt, LightWarrior has described his troubles at quite some lengths on the black screen thread, currently if you read back a handful (or so) of pages there.

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 12:32pm

LightWarriorK

LightWarriorK

48 posts

you have to think about the older community, seeing you have only become re-active

The older community is quite welcome to chime in.  I would welcome it.

And while I've never been forum-active (and I'm still not very) until this issue, I've been very active on AG. I've had this account since July of 2009.  Honestly, I feel impressed with myself for still being here at all given that I can't play the games.

there are endless possibilities to the "Premium" AG account.

Agreed.  It's really up to whatever AG feels worth throwing at it.

Here's what IGN Prime does; it's a pretty successful example: [url=https://s.ign.com/prime/landing]

Posted Jan 15, '14 at 2:44pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,254 posts

Knight

An AG Premium account would be something interesting to offer, to say the least. But the amount of money Armor Games gets in advertisements may not equal the sum of a premium account. Not without the cost for such an account being very high.

Posted Jan 15, '14 at 2:51pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

An AG Premium account would be something interesting to offer, to say the least. But the amount of money Armor Games gets in advertisements may not equal the sum of a premium account. Not without the cost for such an account being very high.

Kongregate has a premium program and it's only $29.99 a year (or you get it automatically if you pay $14.99 or so for a GameStop pro card), and I'm sure they get more traffic than ArmorGames (from what I can tell). Their subscription disables ads, gives exclusive profile skins (maybe AG could add armatars for theirs), exclusive icon to show off in chat and profile, members only chat rooms (members only forum for AG?), beta access, and priority customer support. Just throwing that out there.

Posted Jan 15, '14 at 3:23pm

pft

pft

481 posts

Kongregate has a premium program and it's only $29.99 a year (or you get it automatically if you pay $14.99 or so for a GameStop pro card), and I'm sure they get more traffic than ArmorGames (from what I can tell). Their subscription disables ads, gives exclusive profile skins (maybe AG could add armatars for theirs), exclusive icon to show off in chat and profile, members only chat rooms (members only forum for AG?), beta access, and priority customer support. Just throwing that out there.

I like the sound of this. The unique armatars and skins is a nice touch along with the icon you would get. Also the ads can be annoying but of course are essential. Beta testing is also something I'd like to be part of aswell.

Reply to AG Premium?

You must be logged in to post a reply!