ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] What is a Knight?

396 191956
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

'Knighthood': What is a 'Knight'? And what does 'Knighthood' mean?

'Knighthood' and the title 'Knight' is bestowed upon a user that has shown exemplary deeds and outstanding behavior as a member of the Armor Games Community. This exclusive title is only granted to those users that have earned a special place among the citizens of the Kingdom.

How do I become a Knight?

Care about the community and other users and catch the eye of moderators or admins, they are the ones who choose who is Knighted. Don't ask to be Knighted, that's a good way not to be Knighted.

What can Knights do?

-They have access to a Knight-only Forum.
-They have access to Knight-only armatars
-Special forum coloring and badge.
-Knight Gilding

I'll add more to this sticky if there are further Questions.

• 396 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I wonder how temporary knights would work (this is a suggestion)

It seems like a good idea, at the end of every month, The moderators/admins vote on a user who, not quite deserving of full knighthood, has demonstrated exceptional what-ever-it-is-they-look-for qualities, and give them knight status (no armatars I would think though, but access to the forum and purple text) for the next month.

~~~Darth Caedus

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Hm. Could lead to a lotta hoo-ha when they get unknighted again after the month, no? But! Why me!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

If I got knighted for doing something well, I would just keep going that. Knighting wouldn't change my behavior. It would just show that the mods/admins like what I'm doing.

Which is probably why CJ did not show up in this thread
I wonder how temporary knights would work (this is a suggestion)

It seems like a good idea, at the end of every month, The moderators/admins vote on a user who, not quite deserving of full knighthood, has demonstrated exceptional what-ever-it-is-they-look-for qualities, and give them knight status (no armatars I would think though, but access to the forum and purple text) for the next month.

I feel like this would take away from what the knights were ment to be. By adding and removing people constantly, it defeats the purpose. It isn't special or important. And due to lack of activity, just about all the regulars would become a knight with that system, defeating what the mods were trying to accomplish by adding knights.
RYABRALEV
RYABRALEV
1 posts
Nomad

Thanks for telling what a knight is ferret

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Please give @weirdlike a warm welcome as our newest member of the Armorian Knighthood Council! Huzzah! =)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yay!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Weirdlike... AMW and I think he's in the programming forum a few times. Definitely not one I expected. Congratulations Weirdo. :3

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Weird things happen... welcome

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Weird like Knight?!

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Thank you, thank you. Glad to be here

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Finally, a knight without a million posts. Congratulations.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Only, he has less posts than most forum regulars. In fact, I'm not sure he counts as a forum regular! But you know, it just proves you don't need a gazillion posts 2 be a knight.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

But you know, it just proves you don't need a gazillion posts 2 be a knight.

Exactly, he's an inspiration to us all! Those of us with under 1,000 posts especially.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

On the other hand, he's been here for almost four years now.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

it just proves you don't need a gazillion posts 2 be a knight.

you don't need a gazillion posts 2 be a knight.

gazillion posts 2 be a knight.

Oh my gawd Gantic used 2 instead of to. He isn't perfect anymore.
Showing 196-210 of 396