ForumsGamesColony 2 ? Anybody agree??

5 2685
pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

Colony is one of my favorite flash games and i really want a Colony 2...Does anyone agree..? If you do please comment on the new units or building you would like to see in Colony 2..... May Colony live forever...!!

• 5 Replies
royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

I think that Colony is great as a game where you can tech switch very very easily from post to forge. That fact is what really makes it different from StarCraft. I personally don't want to see the resources change. I don't think there should be more resources to juggle than 4. Influence is a very good concept. I think that another 2 seperate building styles should be added. (names really mean nothing). It would give more complexity. I personally want to see one where micro becomes extremely important for it. The thing that Colony needs most is different length maps. This would put a higher premium on speed, and micro for a large map. And it would make teching a more viable option. most importantly I think if there are more maps I think that there should be expansions in Colony. As you move across the map you gain influence and expansions. That would be really cool. Just send a settler built at a bank over to your expo to colonize it for you and your partner. If that gets destroyed they should be able to expand there. I also think that unit attack selection is a very important feature that needs to be added. Some units should spawn other units also. Like infested Terrans. That kind of idea. I can come up with these ideas faster than I can type though lol. Missles definitely need to be kept also.What I really want to see is a massive expansion/addition on Colony that completely change the game. I also like the 2D style map. If I want 3D I will go play SC2.

hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

We have asked for it. Krin is making it soon (he claimed a while ago)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I don't think it's really up to us. Colony was released in 2009, and people were asking about a sequel then (as seen in the Colony 2 thread). Krin may be working on it, and he may not be. But whether or not he is working on it, it has nothing to do with how many people agree with whether or not there should be a Colony 2. Krin isn't going to read this thread and say "Wow, I never thought about making a sequel to this game until just now. I better get started."

People have been predicting the Sonny 3 release date since before anyone had ever heard of Colony. Considering how obsessed so many people were with that release with little evidence to go on that it would actually be released, if that hasn't been released by now, chances are Krin has some compelling reasons as to why you aren't seeing these new games (he did have cancer for a while; not sure if he's made a full recovery yet). Whatever his reasons are, they'd most likely be unrelated to how many people say whether there should be a Colony 2 or a Sonny 3.

So maybe there should be a Colony 2, but until then, there's no reason to get all hyped up about it unless there's an official announcement regarding it.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Thank you, truer words are rarely ever spoken in this community.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Well, Krin said that he was going to work on Colony 2 after he finished sonny 3, and he also said that he will release some game called Invasion. So, have patience. It will only take a few years. ._.

Showing 1-5 of 5