Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

2D Game Artist & Animator looking for new clients

Posted Jan 28, '14 at 5:50am

Tamaira

Tamaira

7 posts

Hi!

My name is Sandra Pinkert and I'm an 2D Game Artist & Animator.

I'm currently looking for some more freelance work.

I have experience working for mobile and browser games alike.

I'm offering anything from concepting to final assets, including character design, backgrounds, tiling,
animations, effects and promotional art.

My full Resumé and Portfolio you can find here: http://sandrapinkertportfolio.weebly.com

Contact me for estimates or further questions. For estimates please enclose the exact number of
assets and animations needed, the style desired and until when you want everything done. Thanks!

Yours sincerely, Sandra

Posted Jan 28, '14 at 11:47am

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

803 posts

Oh my gosh! That work is amazing!
Please make armatars!

wow. I am super impressed!

What software do you use?
~~Black~~

Posted Jan 28, '14 at 1:27pm

Tamaira

Tamaira

7 posts

Hi Black,

thanks for those kind words. I really appreciate them!

I start my sketches with pencil or pen in my sketchbook and afterwards scan in what I like and refine it in Adobe Photoshop. I hope this helps!

All the best,
Sandra

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 9:01am

mightybob

mightybob

369 posts

They look really cool but all your animations seem to consist of 5-8 frames, when most games nowadays are using 30fps.

Plus i has no $$$.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 10:19am

Tamaira

Tamaira

7 posts

Hi mightybob,

the clients asked for mostly 6 frame animations, so that's what they got. I would love to do like 30fps, makes it much smoother looking.

Posted Feb 5, '14 at 6:38am

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,875 posts

You probably won't find any clients here in this forum sadly there are not many of us and the few that are usually don't have that much disposable money. You can try collaborating to make a game I'm sure the kongregate collaboration community would love you.

Posted Feb 5, '14 at 5:09pm

Tamaira

Tamaira

7 posts

Hi Darkroot,

thanks for being that open with me. I'm already on the kongregate collaborations forum next to all the other game art and indie forums you can probably find. Haha. But even if this forum here shouldn't give me my next job, I already talked to some awesome people here and therefor it was already worth it

Posted Feb 5, '14 at 9:44pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,530 posts

See, this is the kind of thing I could do if I wanted to. I'm an artist and I like your character style. I'd make a thread or send you a link for mine, but I don't have either because I end up being too lazy to follow through with it. I'm too sporadic. Get an idea, draw the whole thing in an hour, then do nothing for days and weeks.

I asked an artist to draw one of my characters in color (I work primarily in black and white), for money, but I never heard back from him. Not the best website for clients.

I start my sketches with pencil or pen in my sketchbook and afterwards scan in what I like and refine it in Adobe Photoshop. I hope this helps!

That's exactly what I did for a while until I got an iPad 2 and procreate, the most advanced art app I have ever seen. I wholeheartedly recommend trying procreate on an iPad or any other tablet you can find it on. It'll make a huge difference.

Previous process:
-Pen and eraser on hardcopy paper.
-Scan into PC and save as JPEG
-Import to a photoshop-style program and edit (smudge, refine, maybe add color)
-Save as JPEG again

Current process:
-Pen and eraser on notebook paper
-Photograph it with iPad 2 rear camera
-Important to procreate and re-draw all the artwork in digital ink with shading, smudging and all refining using layers
-save as a JPEG, e-mail it to myself

I can do the whole thing with just an iPad and that app.

Here's a digital image someone (I wish it was me) drew using only procreate:
http://wpuploads.appadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Procreate-1.jpg

Posted Feb 5, '14 at 9:49pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,530 posts

Oh, almost forgot! procreate has its own artistic community! You may want to consider looking there for ideas or maybe even work.

Here's a link. I'd join up but my portfolio is mostly just black-and-white cartoon sketches.

Posted Feb 6, '14 at 8:11am

Tamaira

Tamaira

7 posts

Hi MattEmAngel,

thanks for the kind words and your suggestions. I really appreciate them! I will definitely check out procreate and there community website.

If you are still interested in getting your character in color, I'm sure we could work something out

All the best,
Sandra

Reply to 2D Game Artist & Animator looking for new clients

You must be logged in to post a reply!