ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Locked] [OP Request] The Masta's Art

181 69216
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Well I'm new the art forum and I haven't posted much here before, but I'm going to post some of my own original art here now.
I created the following using Microsoft Paint.
Let me know what you think!

Quasi-Emotional Color
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/Quasi-EmotionalColor_zps1f4fea7a.png

Thik Dake
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/ThikDake_zps43402400.png

I should make more soon.

• 181 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The head is atop the middle claw.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

The head is atop the middle claw.

No, let me explain.
The space crab is an arachnid (it is actually an armored spider). The body is relatively small, being dominated by the prevalent eight legs. The head is attached to the thorax (body) by a short, stout "neck". The neck is hidden by the sharp scutes that protect it. The four larger legs are the "killing legs". The smaller assisting legs are used for walking help.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

So....I was correct in saying that the head is atop the middle claw drawing wise?

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

The head is atop the abdomen, which is relatively small, thus your misunderstanding. Wait a minute, maybe you are thinking that the head is the middle claw! I think that might be it!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Nah, I was referring to the Alien-shaped head on top with teeth.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Oh, Ok!
Let me tell you about that one.
The Dune Wraithis a giant, worm-like space monster that in habits planets with hot, sandy deserts. It is hermaphrodite that resembles members of the Earth's phylum of segmented worms (the Annelida phylum). Its head is connected directly to the main body segments. The mouth located in the front of the head closely resembles members of superclass Agnatha, which are vertebrates rather than the invertebrate segmented worms which the Dune Wraith is.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnatha]
Mouths like these are filled with many rings of razor-sharp teeth that are designed to rend flesh. The eyes are relatively small, being posterior to the mastoid cilia.
In short, the Dune Wraith is a vicious giant worm that lurks under the sand like a shark in the ocean. It is always ready to hunt down and burst upon the unsuspecting, unfortunate victim that will become its next meal (usually a group of scientific explorers or space ranger scouts).

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

While I'm on a roll in my tired stupor..

Relevant

As for your actual drawings (or sketches) themselves, I will admit they have potential. Needs a lot of fine tuning. Focus more on bringing 3D-perspective into them, so that way they aren't as flat and awkward.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Oh God No! Not you again!
You Troll!

Hey, most people here seem to love my sketches as well as my expressions on page 3. I admit they are not the best, but I've received nothing but praise for sketches like the "Werewolf" and the "Wulf".
Buy the way. I would like to see what you've got. You act like you know everything, so why don't you show me your talent (that is if you have any).

No hard feelings.
Mastaplaya

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

The four larger legs are the "killing legs".

So there's a fourth giant leg that we can't see? That makes more sense. I'm having a much easier time visualizing it now.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You Troll!

I'm not trolling.

Hey, most people here seem to love my sketches as well as my expressions on page 3.

Like I said, your sketches have potential. Working on the 3D perspective would make them a lot better.
As for you expressions, I kindly disagree, but whatever.

but I've received nothing but praise for sketches

That's one of the issues I pointed out. I'm not sure how the older generations were around here, but one of the things that annoy me with our generation here in AMW is how everyone is quick to give compliments, but you hardly find any constructive criticisms.
Getting compliments feels nice, yes, but they hardly help you grow like criticisms do.

Buy the way. I would like to see what you've got. You act like you know everything, so why don't you show me your talent (that is if you have any).

Ah yes, a lovely appeal to accomplishment there.

I'll be honest, I'm a ****ty artist. That in -no way- means I don't have the capabilities to criticize one's work, and if you think one being a poor artist means they aren't adapt to giving criticisms, then frankly that is a pathetic way of thinking and is only self-defeating.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Hey, most people here seem to love my sketches as well as my expressions on page 3.

I don't know you very well, and I'm not sure you know me at all. But I felt the need to step in a pinch, and I hope you truly consider what I say. I would hate to ruin a potential friendship due to prejudices and other sorts of uselessness (heaven knows I do it too). Nonetheless, here we go.

Constructive criticism is very important because it helps the author, artist or musician improve their work. In fact, it is essential to help one mold their developments for others because their work is meant to be appreciated by the communicative senses. If you decide to share your art with intentions of it being enjoyed, which you are, then you must shape your art into a form that can be, as such, enjoyed. While you have been receiving a large amount of positive criticism to keep on doing what you're doing, it is in no way perfect. Art can't be perfect because it's of a subjective measure, and we have already come to the conclusion that such measure is early bound by the loves and hates of the AG AMW community. pangtongshu is of those communicative senses just as those who posted on page 3 complimenting your expressions. As such, and according to your pre-determined goal, what pangtongshu believes in fact matters. You must be open to any sort of negative criticism, and that is seemingly not the case.

:|
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

but one of the things that annoy me with our generation here in AMW is how everyone is quick to give compliments, but you hardly find any constructive criticisms.

I'm guilty of this. I see artwork that looks good, and I can tell it looks good, so I tell the artist to encourage them to continue art...ing. When I see artwork that doesn't stand out to me or looks bad to me, I usually can't point out why it looks bad, so I don't say anything at all about it unless there's something easily fixable about it. It doesn't help to say it needs work and then not specify how.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

You Troll!
I'm not trolling

Note the smiley face -

Let me set the record straight
I welcome constructive criticism (I usually ask for feedback after each picture I post).
But, pang is usually my bane on AG so I tend to immediately assume the role of defender when she makes her entrance.

To Salvidian: No, we can still be friends man! I'm not going to get all angry at you for speaking your mind in a logical and sincere way. I welcome constructive feedback.
Comment on me if you feel like it.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

But, pang is usually my bane on AG so I tend to immediately assume the role of defender when she makes her entrance.

*cough cough*
God, where did Mino put my cough medicine.

So why is er-she the bane of your AG existence? What pang has said so far has brought up some valid points.

Also, I would give constructive criticism but everything so far that needed to be said has been said so, yeah. Keep up the work I guess?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I welcome constructive criticism (I usually ask for feedback after each picture I post).

Hence your reaction to mine, yes?

The person giving the criticism should not reflect the merit of that criticism, ideally.

But, pang is usually my bane on AG

Good to know. Not sure how I am sure, but whatever.

so I tend to immediately assume the role of defender when she makes her entrance.

A very self-defeating and biased mindset.
Showing 46-60 of 181