ForumsGamesCTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

1474 255662
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This is the official Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack contest. You've come to the right place.

You're probably wondering how this contest works. Basically, we (the three judges) give you a theme at the beginning of each round, and you, the contestant, build a castle that follows the theme in some way. Then, so we can count your castle as an entry, take the link to that castle and post it in this thread. If it isn't posted in this thread by the deadline (and the deadline will always be a specific date and time), we will not be able to count it as an entry for that round.

If you've never built a castle before, or you want to brush up on your building skills, check out this guide made by @Arm_Candy.

This is a weekly contest, so each round will last 5 days, with 2 days being designated for judging. Every week, the theme will change and a new round will begin. Pretty easy to grasp.

Oh, and the winner of each round receives a merit, a spot in the CTC2PP Hall of Fame, and a rare quest that can only be earned through winning (or judging) a level building contest:

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/5/media/icon/d06fa73d7b7eaa626941288fc59ce86a.png?v=1398292205
-------------------------------------------------------------
RULES
Yes, there are rules. What did you expect?

Basic rules for this contest, written originally by @PrivatePapi for his old CTC contest:
1. Do not spam under any circumstance.
2. Only enter 1 castle for each category.
3. Do not ask either of us which category will be next.
4. Do not copy somebody else's castle if you do not have permission from him/her.
5. When entering for the contest, always submit your castle according to the current category.
6. Have fun!

And this section, written by @FishPreferred:
a) All entries must be playable and have at least 1 person in them. It seems obvious, but who knows?
b) Entries that are so overladen with stuff that they cause considerable lag will not be eligible. Considerable lag is herein defined as "a big freakin' pile of lag that renders an entry virtually unplayable without severely overheating my 3 year old computer".
c) Entries should be stable enough to last a full minute without collapsing, and should require at least one shot in order to be won. This applies to every part of the contest that doesn't explicitly state otherwise in its instructions.
d) Any entry which the judges deem to be inappropriate (in a lewd, indecent, or libellious sense) will be disqualified, and most likely deleted by the admin.

And lastly, a few additional notes added by yours truly:
- The only castles you are allowed to post in this thread are contest entries. If you link to more than one castle, only the most recent one will be treated as an official entry, unless otherwise specified.
- All entries must be built specifically for the contest and for the current theme. You can't submit castles that you entered in previous rounds, or anything that was built before the beginning of the current round.

Looks like a lot of rules, but it's all intuitive. You'll have no trouble following these guidelines.
Optional: CODE
Some architects like to take things a step further and modify castle codes to do things that otherwise wouldn't be possible in the regular editor mode. This method will not give you a significant advantage over other contestants, but it may be of interest if you want to play around with the editor a bit. Code modification is not a requirement for this competition.

How to modify castle codes by @SSTG.

If you don't modify castle codes or have any plans to in the future, you can skip over this next part.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CODERS: If you decide to use code-modified elements in an entry, take caution, for, although code-editing can be useful for certain details, excessive use of code-modified elements in an entry could lead to a deduction of points from the entry.
That's the contest in a nutshell. Just remember to check back every week for the results of each round, as well as the theme for the next round. I will post the theme for the first round after this post ends, so as not to confuse first-time submitters in the future.

And if you have any ideas for future themes, contact @CourtJester or myself or post your theme idea in the thread.

That certainly was a lot of words. Over 700 of them. It may seem like a lot to take in, but this contest is all about having fun, despite all these large blocks of text.

So get hyped, get building, and have fun with it!

Did I mention there's a merit prize to the winner of each round?

• 1,474 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

ROUND 1
Theme: Balance
Deadline: Wednesday, February 5, 11:59 PM, AG time
Judges: @CourtJester, @FishPreferred, @Ernie15

Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

so- i take it the contest level is posted here? and, is AG time Eastern zone?

Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

also - can the word balance be altered? i.e. balanced, balancing, balances ?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

so- i take it the contest level is posted here? and, is AG time Eastern zone?

All contest entries must be posted here, in this thread, for them to be considered official entries for the round. AG time is Eastern time.

also - can the word balance be altered? i.e. balanced, balancing, balances ?

There's really no difference. Just whatever you can come up with that relates to balance (or any form of the word) is acceptable.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

This looks really cool!
Unfortunately it takes a very long to post and even longer to load games with my terrible Internet connection, not to mention the fact that I'm on a data plan. But I will make an effort to do something for this!

I did notice that you can alter the game utilizing code. I might try to build a level without actually using the level editor, but that'll probably be a pain. Hm, nonetheless, expect to see something from me.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I might try to build a level without actually using the level editor, but that'll probably be a pain

It would also be impossible to get it into the Peoples' Empire without taking it through the editor, and we'd rather have a link to that than the code on here.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ah, yes; I hadn't considered that. I suppose I must then venture into the harshness of the actual Flash game wherein my browser will struggle with 20 timeout errors before finally establishing that fateful bridge that shall guide me into the magnificence light of hopeful vict'ry.

Or something.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Ok, first a few questions, then I'll kick things off with my submission.

1. Is this like the AG Champ competition where there is only a certain number of people who can enter at a time, and they go through rounds?
2. Is this planned to be active for a set number of rounds, or will it just go on until one of you decides not to continue making up new themes ends it, and the thread gets sucked into the black hole that is the last pages of threads?

Anyway, here's mine. I call it, [i]Inner Peace

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I really am disappointed in myself. A messed up post, and I forgot to put the link in. Sorry about that. Here it is.

http://armor.ag/228NQ

Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

theme suggestion: "TIME"

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Everything is in balance!

Castle Frankenstein

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Everything is in balance!
Interesting but, you need to look at some of the elements in Ivan2, as something is amiss. Use the editor and see if some of those elements are offset from 90 degrees - it fell down on it's own.
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@CourtJester

Interesting but, you need to look at some of the elements in Ivan2, as something is amiss. Use the editor and see if some of those elements are offset from 90 degrees - it fell down on it's own

Thanks for the advice!

Castle Frankenstein v1.1
Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad
Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

theme idea: ASTRONOMY

Showing 1-15 of 1474