ForumsGamesCTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

1474 255668
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This is the official Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack contest. You've come to the right place.

You're probably wondering how this contest works. Basically, we (the three judges) give you a theme at the beginning of each round, and you, the contestant, build a castle that follows the theme in some way. Then, so we can count your castle as an entry, take the link to that castle and post it in this thread. If it isn't posted in this thread by the deadline (and the deadline will always be a specific date and time), we will not be able to count it as an entry for that round.

If you've never built a castle before, or you want to brush up on your building skills, check out this guide made by @Arm_Candy.

This is a weekly contest, so each round will last 5 days, with 2 days being designated for judging. Every week, the theme will change and a new round will begin. Pretty easy to grasp.

Oh, and the winner of each round receives a merit, a spot in the CTC2PP Hall of Fame, and a rare quest that can only be earned through winning (or judging) a level building contest:

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/5/media/icon/d06fa73d7b7eaa626941288fc59ce86a.png?v=1398292205
-------------------------------------------------------------
RULES
Yes, there are rules. What did you expect?

Basic rules for this contest, written originally by @PrivatePapi for his old CTC contest:
1. Do not spam under any circumstance.
2. Only enter 1 castle for each category.
3. Do not ask either of us which category will be next.
4. Do not copy somebody else's castle if you do not have permission from him/her.
5. When entering for the contest, always submit your castle according to the current category.
6. Have fun!

And this section, written by @FishPreferred:
a) All entries must be playable and have at least 1 person in them. It seems obvious, but who knows?
b) Entries that are so overladen with stuff that they cause considerable lag will not be eligible. Considerable lag is herein defined as "a big freakin' pile of lag that renders an entry virtually unplayable without severely overheating my 3 year old computer".
c) Entries should be stable enough to last a full minute without collapsing, and should require at least one shot in order to be won. This applies to every part of the contest that doesn't explicitly state otherwise in its instructions.
d) Any entry which the judges deem to be inappropriate (in a lewd, indecent, or libellious sense) will be disqualified, and most likely deleted by the admin.

And lastly, a few additional notes added by yours truly:
- The only castles you are allowed to post in this thread are contest entries. If you link to more than one castle, only the most recent one will be treated as an official entry, unless otherwise specified.
- All entries must be built specifically for the contest and for the current theme. You can't submit castles that you entered in previous rounds, or anything that was built before the beginning of the current round.

Looks like a lot of rules, but it's all intuitive. You'll have no trouble following these guidelines.
Optional: CODE
Some architects like to take things a step further and modify castle codes to do things that otherwise wouldn't be possible in the regular editor mode. This method will not give you a significant advantage over other contestants, but it may be of interest if you want to play around with the editor a bit. Code modification is not a requirement for this competition.

How to modify castle codes by @SSTG.

If you don't modify castle codes or have any plans to in the future, you can skip over this next part.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CODERS: If you decide to use code-modified elements in an entry, take caution, for, although code-editing can be useful for certain details, excessive use of code-modified elements in an entry could lead to a deduction of points from the entry.
That's the contest in a nutshell. Just remember to check back every week for the results of each round, as well as the theme for the next round. I will post the theme for the first round after this post ends, so as not to confuse first-time submitters in the future.

And if you have any ideas for future themes, contact @CourtJester or myself or post your theme idea in the thread.

That certainly was a lot of words. Over 700 of them. It may seem like a lot to take in, but this contest is all about having fun, despite all these large blocks of text.

So get hyped, get building, and have fun with it!

Did I mention there's a merit prize to the winner of each round?

• 1,474 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I hope I'm not too late,here is my submission.

Seeing as how few entries have been submitted this round, I'm going to allow it.
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I wondered if it could be done. It only took me 9 shots my first try!

I was thinking about the topic and decided not to make a castle which will look like a chicken. Instead I decided to create a scenario that metaphorically shows chicken behavior. A chicken as a synonym for cowardliness. People who hide behind the Great Wall are cowards,but also those who shoot from a sniper are cowards! It can be done in two shots, but it requires a surgical precision.

Seeing as how few entries have been submitted this round, I'm going to allow it.

Thank you very much!
Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

@ ernie15 - with all due respect sir, i'd like to request, if possible, that the winners & topic be revealed early in the day please

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I have locked in my ratings, as has another judge, and the winner will be announced at some point tomorrow. As of now, two castles are tied, so it's up to the third judge to determine who goes home with the gold.

with all due respect sir, i'd like to request, if possible, that the winners & topic be revealed early in the day please

I try my best to post them as early as possible, but I usually don't get off work until 2 PM, which is 5 PM AG time. I can see why it would be annoying to have to wait all day, especially if you're in an earlier time zone, but maybe you can think of it as a way of building anticipation.
Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

that anticipation is greater than getting Heinz ketchup out of the bottle XD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

We had a record low number of entries this round, but that didn't stop it from being a great round. I could not predict the winner until the last judge submitted their ratings. It was pretty close.

3rd place, with an average rating of 6.13/10, goes to Sweet Spot, submitted by @CherryCoke360.

2nd place, with an average rating of 6.23/10, goes to Sniper, submitted by @ivanxxxxxxx.

1st place, and the grand merit prize winner of Round 3, with an average rating of 6.77/10, goes to ROBOT CHICKEN II, submitted by @Theoprastus. Congratulations! Go collect your prize!

Sometimes the anticipation is worth the wait.

ROUND 4
Theme: Sports and Sporting Events
Deadline: Tuesday, February 25, 11:59 PM, AG time.
Judges: @CourtJester, @FishPreferred, @Ernie15
Description: The entry must clearly relate or resemble a sport or a sporting event in some way.

So get hyped, and get building!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

@Theoprastus and his castle have been inducted into the CTC2PP Hall of Fame.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Great work everybody.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

I must admit Ernie15, by declaring a competition, the level variety and competence has risen sharply. Some of the new players have shown some very interesting ideas and variety of construction. I will try to get more players in the game as is my goal.

As for the last competition, Sniper was the most difficult to win. Sweet Spot had a cool path of destruction and well, ROBOT CHICKEN II was a difficult single shot destruction albeit, he gave, I believe, unlimited shots.

Good stuff - i am pumped about what we might see for the next round and the Curling in Lilliput is a good start!

Islandempire89
Islandempire89
64 posts
Peasant

Second to last hole, you're just millimeters away from the hole and you're two strokes under par! But wait, what's this..... the green is infested with..... TINY KNIGHTS!
They might mess up your putt. You'll have to exterminate them all before you continue playing..

Tiny Knights on Hole 17

Again, apologies for the minimalist structure. While I can build actual castles, the more outside the box stuff does not come naturally!

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

The Royal Pole Vault
My first entry,a pole vault with crowd and judges.
I hope the link isn't screwed.

Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad
Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

@ ernie15 - i need to disqualify my entry: although Evel Knievel has been on ABC Sports, he's not a sportsman, he's actually more of an exhibitionist... and my entry wasnt created new for the contest, it was a previously pre-fabricated code file i had slightly altered from May 2012 - and technically (even though some time back) that was a level i had already shared

Theoprastus
Theoprastus
2,197 posts
Nomad

if you redo the Evel Knievel...
- nah, id just rather and prefer to eliminate, null & void it and get it of my conscience - i just want someone to make it official - only thing is, idk if anyone else is around today or not
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Entry disqualified by request.

Showing 106-120 of 1474