ForumsThe TavernSuper Bowl XLVIII

38 9390
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this yet.

Anyway the Super Bowl is tomorrow and you know what that means; football, cheerleaders, food, halftime, and most importantly the commercials. Who are you rooting for? Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks.

Personally I think Broncos are going to win. I mostly think this because Peyton Manning is a cool guy and nobody can touch him. Nobody.

• 38 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

It's impossible to come back for Denver now. The Seahawks just had an overall better offense and defense and the first points for Denver were scored in the fourth quarter.

It went beyond anybody's expectations.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Ouch... That's a bad beatdown. You know it's bad when the other team brings in their second string quarterback in the super bowl ^^ Also, Seattle broke the record for fastest points scored in a Super Bowl with that first safety 12 seconds in.

Congrats to them

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

first points for Denver were scored in the fourth quarter.

Actually it was in the 3rd, Just with 0s on the clock.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ouch... That's a bad beatdown. You know it's bad when the other team brings in their second string quarterback in the super bowl ^^ Also, Seattle broke the record for fastest points scored in a Super Bowl with that first safety 12 seconds in.

That was the fastest? I thought they were saying they didn't beat the record, lol.

still a curbstomp.

~~~Darth Caedus
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

That was the fastest? I thought they were saying they didn't beat the record, lol.

I heard it was...

lol at first when Denver was down 35-0 I wanted Seattle to shut them out and get the first Super bowl shutout ever... But no :/
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

It was over by halftime. Broncos never had momentum on their side. That first safety was the turning point. Even on the first play, you could tell the Seahawks were hyped up and played their butts off.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It was the fastest.
Even on the first play, you could tell the Seahawks were hyped up and played their butts off.

So true. The defensive line for the Hawks dominated the Broncos offensive line so Manning didn't ever have a chance.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

BRONCOS GETTING BLOWN THE EFF OUT

Now it's time for the Seahawk fans to be the annoying people they are :^)

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

So happy the Seattle 69ers won.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

That was crazy when percy harvin scored a touchdown off the opening kickoff in the second half.. that's when I knew for sure the seahawks were completely untouchable.. haha

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I really want to know what manning was doing when the ball got snapped on the first play, but yeah, it was a downward spiral from their, I don't think they even got a first down in the first quarter.

~~~Darth Caedus

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I really want to know what manning was doing when the ball got snapped on the first play

Apparently he was changing the play and there was a miscommunication.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Football is boring to watch. Our version is much better.

I beg to differ.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I beg to differ.

Same
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Everything that could possibly have gone wrong for the Broncos went wrong. Moreno, Welker and Decker were okay for the most part, but Manning played like a block of wood. Stupid, slow, and unable to throw a ball.

Showing 16-30 of 38